VA VA - Leyla Namiranian, 41, Chesterfield, 4 April 2012 *M. Edwards guilty*

I normally wouldn't post something that's simply rumor, but given how little is out there and with the caveat that this is a fifth-degree rumor at best, she was quietly planning to meet up with someone from her company. Do not know if this is the same individual with whom she told her ex-husband she planned to have a date with.

First time I've seen Leyla's thread. Sad to see that there is nothing recent in the media.

Here is an interesting non-MSM article that gives a good background on Darrell Rice, at the request of AnotherNiece:

http://suite101.com/article/another-woman-missing-in-virginia--where-is-darrell-rice-a407328

It looks like Rice could be free. He was released from federal prison in April of last year (after serving 9 months for parole violation) and he's not in the VA Dept of Corrections database.

Still thinking about you and your search for answers, AnotherNiece.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...-case-of-missing-midlothian-woman-ar-1973341/

By: MARK BOWES, REED WILLIAMS | Richmond Times-Dispatch
Published: June 07, 2012 Updated: June 07, 2012 - 1:48 PM

CHESTERFIELD, Va. -- Chesterfield County investigators have developed a person of interest in the disappearance of Altria research director Leyla Namiranian and have searched his Richmond apartment and seized his car as part of their investigation, authorities confirmed Thursday.

Thursday, June 7, 2012|
New Kent, Virginia 79° Feels Like: 79° ClearView Warnings/Advisories
RTD News
RSS Text Size Print Share This
Home / news / local /
Evidence in missing Midlothian woman's case examined in Richmond

Search for woman continues as father arrives from Italy
Details emerge on missing Midlothian woman
Midlothian woman's disappearance suspicious, police say
UPDATE: Chesterfield police search for missing woman
By: MARK BOWES, REED WILLIAMS | Richmond Times-Dispatch
Published: June 07, 2012 Updated: June 07, 2012 - 1:48 PM
» 1 Comments | Post a Comment
CHESTERFIELD, Va. --
Chesterfield County investigators have developed a person of interest in the disappearance of Altria research director Leyla Namiranian and have searched his Richmond apartment and seized his car as part of their investigation, authorities confirmed Thursday.
"We did identify a person of interest who we have interviewed, and we have seized a vehicle connected to that person," Chesterfield police Lt. Randy Horowitz said in response to questions raised about the missing person case, now two months old.
The person of interest, whose identity police declined to confirm, lives in the same apartment complex where a man was fatally shot Monday afternoon in an unrelated homicide in the 3800 block of Chamberlayne Avenue in Richmond's North Side.
Investigators identified a person of interest early in the case and they searched the man's apartment and seized his car within about a week of Namiranian's April 4 disappearance. Police still have the vehicle and "we are looking at it forensically," Horowitz said.
Police declined to say how the man was developed as a person of interest or what his connection is to Namiranian, 41, who lives in the Midlothian area.
Police also confirmed they have recovered two of Namiranian's cellphones – one for personal use and another she used for work as director of marketing and consumer research for Altria Client Services, a subsidiary of Altria Group.
One of the phones recovered was found damaged in a roadway, and the other was found intact off the side of a road, Horowitz said. Police declined to identify the specific locations but said neither was found near Namiranian's residence in the 2000 block of Normandstone Drive or near the person of interest's apartment in Richmond.
Leyla Namiranian's ex-husband, Babak Namiranian, said last month that police found one of her phones in some woods and another on a street. He said the one found on the street apparently had been run over.
"Without them, I'm not really sure how else they can find her," Namiranian said in a phone interview.
Horowitz said investigators have been unable to confirm a report that Leyla Namiranian had met a man online and was planning to meet him in person before she disappeared. That's what Namiranian's brother, who lives in Italy, told her ex-husband, who lives in the Seattle area, when the two talked shortly after her disappearance, Babak Namiranian told the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
"We have looked at her computer records and we don't see anything showing that she had some meeting set up," Horowitz said. "But again, that doesn't mean she didn't. We just can't independently confirm it."
The warrants investigators used to search Namiranian's Chesterfield home and the person of interest's apartment and car remain sealed in Chesterfield and Richmond circuit courts.
Horowitz said police are still investigating Namiranian's disappearance as a missing person case and not as a death investigation. "We're still unable to find her," he said.
Namiranian was last seen about 6:30 p.m. April 4 leaving Altria Group Inc. in Henrico County, where she works. Investigators believe she returned to her home that evening but did not go to work the following day.
Those who know Namiranian have described her as a driven career woman and said that it would be out of character for her to purposely miss work without giving notice.
Leyla Namiranian, who was born in Italy to an Italian mother and an Iranian father, married Babak more than 10 years ago. They lived in Texas before moving to Virginia, where Leyla had gotten a job. They were divorced about three years ago.
Namiranian's vehicle was found at her residence, but there was no indication that she planned to leave. There was no sign of a break-in to her home, and Horowitz on Thursday affirmed earlier police statements there was no sign of a struggle inside.
Namiranian's luggage appeared to be in place inside her home, and it didn't appear anything was packed for a trip. The keys to her car were found in the house, police said.
Babak Namiranian said his ex-wife's disappearance has taken such a toll on him that he had taken a leave of absence from work. "I couldn't really concentrate on work," he said.
"I'm trying to kind of put this to a closure," he added. "Otherwise, I think I'm just going to go crazy."
mbowes@timesdispatch.com (804) 649-6450

Missing woman, Leyla Namiranian, phones recovered

Police said they have interviewed a man they call a person of interest, and they say he has not been cooperative.
“I`m not at liberty to discuss that,” said Lt. Randy Horowitz with the Chesterfield Police Department when CBS 6 asked for the man’s name.
But Horowitz said they identified him as a person of interest soon after 41-year-old Leyla Namiranian disappeared on April 4.
Horowitz said within days, they searched the man’s apartment in the 3800 block of Chamberlayne avenue in Richmond, and seized his car.
“And we continue to hold that vehicle, we have searched that vehicle extensively and we are waiting on the results of tests we have conducted on it,” he said.
Police won’t say how Namiranian, who lived in a Midlothian neighborhood, met the man who resides at the Fern Tree apartments, but only said that the two were well acquainted.
“They`re not strangers… I`m not going to say the connection,” said Horowitz. ”They`ve known each other for awhile.”

continued at link below

http://wtvr.com/2012/06/07/police-recover-two-phones-of-missing-chesterfield-woman/

Court documents obtained Thursday show that another man, Peter Paoli, the former president and chief executive officer of U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company LLC, a subsidiary of Altria Group, was with Namiranian the evening of April 4. Based on available phone records, Paoli was the last person to speak with Namiranian and possibly the last person to see her before she disappeared, an affidavit says.

Paoli has not been charged and is not the primary focus in the case, police said.
According to the affidavit, Paoli contacted police after Namiranian disappeared and told them he had visited her home in the Midlothian area for dinner April 4 and stayed from about 9 p.m. until 11 p.m.
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...-case-of-missing-midlothian-woman-ar-1973341/
PP isn't the guy who lives at the Ferntree Apartments, right? He was with Leyla until 11:00 PM that night. So if she went missing after he left, I would say someone was watching her house. Maybe that someone was really upset that she had a man in her home.

PP isn't the guy who lives at the Ferntree Apartments, right? He was with Leyla until 11:00 PM that night. So if she went missing after he left, I would say someone was watching her house. Maybe that someone was really upset that she had a man in her home.

I just read that....bizarre.

So she get's off work at 6:30pm. PP is at her house for dinner from 9pm until 11pm, the Fern Tree POI gets thrown into the mix at some point after 11pm...... and then sometime between the POI and work the next morning Leyla was gone???

Now we have TWO cell phones belonging to Leyla that were reportedly found "not near Leyla's house or the POI's apartment......one broken on the roadway. One in the ditch. There is also mention in the Times Dispatch article that there were signs that Leyla was FORCED to leave her home....

"Authorities previously said there was no sign of a break-in at Namiranian's home, and Horowitz on Thursday affirmed earlier police statements that there was no sign of a struggle inside. However, the affidavit adds that detectives recovered evidence indicating that Namiranian did not leave her residence voluntarily."

WTF?!?!

So nothing is missing but Leyla and her purse now. I hope and pray that this guy didn't intend to haul her to the ATM. Knowing that someone who lives in an apartment in the 3800 block of Chamberlayne Avenue is the POI REALLY scares the bejesus out of me.

I must say, I don't ordinarily have much faith in CPD. After reading all of this, I am truly impressed. They've been busy.

I googled Ferntree Apartments, but could not get an addy. Story about someone getting shot in the parking lot a couple of days ago though. So I assume it is not in a good part of town?

How did she know the guy who lived at Ferntree? What was the connection, through work?

I googled Ferntree Apartments, but could not get an addy. Story about someone getting shot in the parking lot a couple of days ago though. So I assume it is not in a good part of town?

How did she know the guy who lived at Ferntree? What was the connection, through work?

Could he have been the guy she met online? Maybe he was scamming women that way. In an earlier post Shutterfly also mentioned reading about a landscaper at one point but couldn't remember which article had that info.

Here is the approximate location for the Fern Tree apartments:

Fern Tree map

The address is 3808 Knox. The guy who got shot Monday was actually shot in the driveway leading into Fern Tree. The guy who shot him, Curtis Lee 47, was a resident of Fern Tree. I found you a potential connection Knox....look at the bottom of this post at the new article I found. I find this PP thing odd......

"The warrants that investigators used to search Namiranian's Chesterfield home and the person of interest's apartment and car remain sealed in Chesterfield and Richmond circuit courts.

Horowitz said police are still investigating Namiranian's disappearance as a missing-person case and not as a death investigation. "We're still unable to find her," he said.

Namiranian was last seen about 6:30 p.m. April 4 leaving Altria Group Inc. in Henrico County, where she works. Investigators believe she returned to her home that evening but did not go to work the following day.

Court documents obtained Thursday show that another man, Peter Paoli, the former president and chief executive officer of U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company LLC, a subsidiary of Altria Group, was with Namiranian the evening of April 4. Based on available phone records, Paoli was the last person to speak with Namiranian and possibly the last person to see her before she disappeared, an affidavit says.

Paoli has not been charged and is not the primary focus in the case, police said.

According to the affidavit, Paoli contacted police after Namiranian disappeared and told them he had visited her home in the Midlothian area for dinner April 4 and stayed from about 9 p.m. until 11 p.m.

Investigators obtained a saliva sample from Paoli, according to court records. The saliva sample was taken to compare Paoli's DNA against DNA evidence obtained at Namiranian's home, according to the affidavit."

So if PP was at Leyla's for dinner from 9pm to 11pm, then why is it that LE hasn't changed her 'last seen' time and location? As far as we know PP was the last person to see Leyla...in the home where she vanished. PP was also the last person to talk to her on one of those two previously missing phones. Odd. I wonder if it's possible that it was PP that the POI was looking for and if perhaps PP is how Leyla connects to the POI.

(Down here Knox!!)

And there's this.....

Neighbors say a man lived with Leyla but moved out a few months ago. They believe he may be the POI.

http://www.wric.com/story/17350643/chesterfield-womans-disappearance-ruled-suspicious

POI.jpg

Rut-Roh, blown margins

I'm looking at a few other cases and my eyes are crossing.
I'm going to have to go back and read some of this stuff Shutter.

One quick question though, did PP retire from Altria before or after Leyla disappeared?

Well, someone's feeling a little pressure.....

POI is talking to the media!

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...f-interest-in-chesterfield-womans-ar-1976660/

Uh oh....... "Pritchard also addressed the Police Department's frustration with what he described as a lack of cooperation from another man who is also a person of interest in the case. Police believe that man, Peter Paoli, a recently retired Altria executive, was the last person to speak with Namiranian and likely the last person to see her before she disappeared.

Paoli's attorney strongly disputed allegations that his client was not cooperating, saying his client has provided everything he knows."

I'm looking at a few other cases and my eyes are crossing.
I'm going to have to go back and read some of this stuff Shutter.

One quick question though, did PP retire from Altria before or after Leyla disappeared?

He apparently announced that he was going to retire on March 15th. He actually DID retire on April 16th.

ETA: The article linked in post #89 states that PP has cancer and is undergoing treatment. Could be that this is the reason he retired. I'm beginning to wonder which of these two POI's, if either, were the man rumored to have been living with Leyla. PP sure seems more likely to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back