GUILTY VA - Megan Lorraine Metzger, 19, Appomattox County, 17 Jul 2018 *arrest*

On 3/11/14, Deputy Perkins arrested Robert Patrick Keating, 21 for Breaking and Entering, (B&E), Conspiracy to Commit B&E, Possession of Burglary Tools, Grand Larceny and Possession of Stolen Property. Deputy Perkins and Deputy B. Seay responded to Locklear Landing for a report of a B&E in progress. They found Robert outside of the house and took him into custody. His girlfriend, Yolanda Quiroga, 19 was also on scene. She was the driver of the vehicle. She was arrested for Conspiracy to Commit B&E by Deputy B Seay. Spotsylvania County Arrest Report for March 10 - 16 - Fredericksburg Today

@cybervampira - thanks for the heads up on this case! Have it all down. :)

Anyone know what Keelyn middle initial - R. - stands for? I like to have full names! :rolleyes:

and cybervampira - do you know "when" Benavidez' next hearing is? TIA!
Here are the full names BBM:

Court records say Pamplin woman was shot and killed in Spotsylvania
Four people have been arrested thus far in connection with the case. David Weston Newton, 20, of Fredericksburg, and Keelyn Rose Codynah, 23, and Robert Patrick Keating, 25, both of Spotsylvania, were arrested Saturday and charged with being an accessory after the fact of murder.
Juan Benavidez III, 19, of King George, was arrested early Friday and charged with arson in connection with the torching of Metzger’s vehicle.

We haben‘t heard much about the victim (full name Megan Lorraine Metzger) yet, but...
It is unclear how long Metzger had been in the area, but court records show she was arrested on misdemeanor obstruction of justice and public intoxication charges in Spotsylvania on Nov. 14 and convicted on Feb. 13.

Last edited:
Court records say Pamplin woman was shot and killed in Spotsylvania

5b55c0eb0ff2d.image.jpg
David Weston Newton

5b55c1278f651.image.jpg
Robert Patrick Keating
5b55c0af28a66.image.jpg
Keelyn Rose Codynah

5b51227e9acff.image.png
Juan Benavidez III

David Weston Newton, 20, of Fredericksburg, and Keelyn Rose Codynah, 23, and Robert Patrick Keating, 25, both of Spotsylvania, were arrested Saturday and charged with being an accessory after the fact of murder.

Juan Benavidez III, 19, of King George, was arrested early Friday and charged with arson in connection with the torching of Metzger’s vehicle.

No one has been charged with murder.

Codynah is accused of assisting Keating after “knowing that such person had committed a homicide offense.” No reason for the reported shooting was stated. Codynah admitted to being at Keating’s residence in the 11400 block of Post Oak Road on July 17 when she saw Megan Metzger get shot and die. Codynah stated that she and several others left the residence after the shooting and returned about two hours later and that she helped others remove the body and stayed at the home to clean up blood. She was later taken to a Travelodge motel on U.S. 1 in the Four Mile Fork area of the county to retrieve an item owned by the victim. The complaint does not state what that item is.

A separate complaint accuses Keating of taking the firearm used in the shooting to Washington, D.C., where he disposed of it.

Metzger, Benavidez, Keating, Newton and perhaps others were partying together before Metzger was killed.

@JerseyGirl - on your post #25 - can't get into that article, but if there had been a hearing date for Benavidez, you would have posted that, eh?
TIA! :)

Court docs: Missing Virginia woman was shot, murder weapon discarded in D.C.

Benavidez's sister in law, Mariah Houck Littles, shared a statement with 8News:

"He is from Fairview Beach, Virginia. He is a good-hearted, funny, charismatic young father who got involved in the wrong crowd (drug users). He wants it to be known that he did not kill Megan. He was at the party that the incident occurred thereafter that he attended with a friend of his. He says he didn’t know Megan well but that she was connected to another person at the party. He watched her be shot by another person at the party, at which time he was instructed that he would “do as he was told” in the events which unfolded after. He was told if he didn’t cooperate, he and his family would be killed also. After witnessing such a gruesome act already occur, he was legitimately scared for his life but most importantly the lives of his family. When we told him of reports coming out that Robert Keating was the shooter, he said that those were false. He can’t confirm who the killer is as instructed by law enforcement. He just said, “I am innocent, I was there and my life and my family was threatened, I had to do what I was told.”

Anyone find any court dates for Benavidez? TIA!

The VA courts system is not showing information from these cases on the records search, for Juan or Keelyn as of yet and it appears it that all old court records are not veiwable at this time this .Robert's old court doc are searchable but nothing relating to this , I did not check Daivd's .
Juan was arrested last year on 7/21 / 17 for a probation violation . He was arrested on the 20th this year.. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 11/19/2018 at 9 am in Spotsylvania circut court. This case has 3 counties involved and I think it could be eligible to be tried as a death penalty case.

Also there are a few pictures on David dressed up in womens underwear . That was a fun find this morning..

Thank you Soulmagent! I believe I have in my notes that all 3 (not Benevidez) are due in court on 11/19. That's why I keep asking about him! :)

Thank you Soulmagent! I believe I have in my notes that all 3 (not Benevidez) are due in court on 11/19. That's why I keep asking about him! :)

So far I have only heard of charges for him in Westmoreland county relating to the fire I assume he was charged with the others in Spotsy but I cannot see any new charges on them yet.

And now Juan has a new charge!

Missing teen's remains positively ID'd by medical examiner; additional suspect charged

KING GEORGE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) -- The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond confirmed on Friday that the remains found on July 21 in King George County are those of Megan L. Metzger, according to Virginia State Police.
[.....]
Keelyn R. Codynah, Robert P. Keating, and David W. Newton were each charged with one count of accessory to murder.
This week, State Police obtained a warrant for Juan Benavidez III, in connection with Metzger's murder.

Benavidez was charged with felony arson of a vehicle after reportedly torching Metzger's car. He is now facing one count of accessory to murder.

I guess the fourth suspect they are talking about is Juan? - charging him with accessory now?

I couldn't read this article - maybe a date for Juan in there?
Remains found ID’d as Megan Metzger; fourth suspect charged

And now Juan has a new charge!

Missing teen's remains positively ID'd by medical examiner; additional suspect charged

I guess the fourth suspect they are talking about is Juan? - charging him with accessory now?

I couldn't read this article - maybe a date for Juan in there?
Remains found ID’d as Megan Metzger; fourth suspect charged
No date.

Geller said that state police obtained a warrant for 19-year-old Juan Benavidez III of King George on one count of accessory to murder. He was previously charged with vehicle arson after Metzger's torched vehicle was found 150 miles away from Pamplin on Leestown Road in Westmoreland County last month. Benavidez remains behind bars at the Northern Neck Regional Jail.

Thank you cybervampira! Much appreciated.

Can you get into Virginia court sites? Just wondering! :)

Thanks for the link! It works for me! YAY! :D

So next arraignment continued to 8/14/18 for Juan. The rest have a prelim hearing on 11/19.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back