GUILTY VA - Megan Lorraine Metzger, 19, Appomattox County, 17 Jul 2018 *arrest*

I can't access this article - I believe it is the same one Lgreen posted above, which I can't read either....

Two plead guilty in Spotsylvania for roles in grisly slaying of Megan Metzger

all I can read is this:

Fredericksburg.com
Keelyn Rose Codynah, 24, of Spotsylvania and Juan Benavidez III, 19, of King George County entered pleas to charges that include being an ...

If any further court dates are available in article, please post!

TIA! :)

I can't access this article - I believe it is the same one Lgreen posted above, which I can't read either....

all I can read is this:

Fredericksburg.com
Keelyn Rose Codynah, 24, of Spotsylvania and Juan Benavidez III, 19, of King George County entered pleas to charges that include being an ...

Codynah entered straight guilty pleas, while Benavides pleaded no contest. Both will be sentenced on May 9.
The other suspects charged in connection with Metzger’s death, 20-year-olds David Weston Newton of Fredericksburg and Robert P. Keating of Spotsylvania, were arraigned as scheduled Tuesday. Both pleaded not guilty and had trials set for different dates in April.

all I can read is this:

Fredericksburg.com

Try this link Two plead guilty in Spotsylvania for roles in grisly slaying of Megan Metzger

Keating:

01/29/2019 9:00AM Arraignment Not Guilty Set For Trial

04/03/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial

Newton:
01/08/2019 9:00AM Arraignment Not Guilty Set For Trial

04/11/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial
4/12/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial

Looks Trial already in April??

Defendant in Metzger slaying is cussing mad after Spotsylvania judge denies request for a different jail
Newton’s attorney, Alex Raymond, recently filed a motion asking that Newton be transferred from the Rappahannock Regional Jail. Raymond said Newton feels “threatened” in the local jail and said an inmate had already told him that he’s been “green lit,” which means he is a target to be hurt or killed.
Newton turned red as it became obvious that his request was going to be denied, and then he finally exploded. He was forcibly removed from the courtroom as he cursed loudly about the decision.
Even after the door leading to the holding cells was closed, Newton’s profanity could be clearly heard in the courtroom.

I AM so glad his request was denied. The jail he is housed in currently is the best jail for him to be located in for now. The local people who spend their days in and out of the court systems here all say RRJ is the worst jail to be housed in . His request was a bid for slightly better living conditions.The court knows that.

it probably wasn't the appropriate security either. we have two county jails and one is lower security than the other.

it probably wasn't the appropriate security either. we have two county jails and one is lower security than the other.

Spotsylvania has no county jail . They have regional jails. Caroline ,Hanover ,and Henrico sends people to Pamunkey regional jail. Spotsy, Fredericksburg and Stafford sends people to rappahannock regional jail. King George ,Westmoreland and I don't know who else uses Northern Neck Regional Jail .

I have heard people talking about Spotsylvania wanting to build a county jail but it could be BS. idk.

figures....

Can't read this article -
Spotsylvania murder trial delayed so that defendant's sanity can be tested

This is for Newton. If there is a next court date - please post! TIA! :)

"The mutilation of Metzger’s body was apparently part of a poorly designed plan to cover up her slaying. Newton is now scheduled to be tried July 17 and 18 in Spotsylvania Circuit Court.''

''Robert Keating, 20, who lives in the home where the slaying occurred, has a trial set for April 3.''

''Four people have been charged in connection with Metzger’s slaying, but Newton is the only one charged with murder. Two of the suspects, Keelyn Codynah and Juan Benavidez III, have already pleaded guilty to charges that include accessory after the fact of murder, defiling a dead body and concealing a dead body. Both are scheduled to be sentenced May 9.''

thanks-smiley-emoticon.gif
Soulmagent! Much appreciated! :)

This case is moving along.

Third defendant pleads guilty in grisly Spotsylvania slaying

The third of four people charged in the slaying and dismemberment of a 19-year-old Pamplin woman pleaded guilty to multiple charges Friday in Spotsylvania County Circuit Court.

Robert P. Keating, 20, of Spotsylvania was convicted of six charges, including accessory after the fact of homicide, possessing a firearm as a felon, receiving stolen property and two counts of conspiracy. He will be sentenced Aug. 6.

In exchange for Keating’s guilty pleas, prosecutor Jeff Adams reduced one charge and agreed not to file any more charges against Keating in connection with the slaying of Megan Metzger. Keating has also agreed to testify in cases involving another co-defendant if necessary.

Looks like Newton got a continuance for his trial....

for Newton:

03/14/2019 9:00AM Motion - Other Pre-Trial Granted

04/11/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial Continued

04/12/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial Continued

07/17/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial

07/18/2019 9:00AM Jury Trial

link: Virginia Court Case Information
HONESTLY...FOR REALZ...

I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME Cannot,
Figure out why all of these guys besides Newton are taking a plea.

Newton is the only one charged with murder. Maybe that's why....

Yeah but there charges are pretty extreme and they are all going to get really hefty sentences . I don't think any of them are getting less in terms of sentences. So it am just wondering why they opted out of the trial. None of KC's charges were reduced or changed and after hearing the details of the crime I dont think a jury would find the 3 guilty of murder anyway. Newton shocked them all by shooting Megan. After the murder and some of the conspiracy charges seemed to have a plausible legal defence ,not ending with a not guilty verdict but not as bad as guilty to every count. Yes they are guilty of it all but they jury might have not found the guilty of it all.

I am glad they did plea for Megan's families sake ,because one trial is bad
enough much less 4 .

I am writing this like they took a plea deal but really I think they just pled guilty to all their charges. I think the deal was they agreed to testify none of them appear to have received any perk or lesser charges. I believe they will get mandatory sentences for their crimes.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back