VA VA - Michael, 50, Mary, 36, & Jennifer Short, 9, Bassett, 15 Aug 2002

true. that was in the beginning. I'm speaking of the consensus of knowledge about this case to this day, what points at Bowman and what does not? :liar:

I would love to know what they have and don't have. Bowman is still in the area I beleive - does not apper he is too worried.
I still lean towards Bowman.

Until little Shasta was found people were all speculating on who wanted to kill the Groene family. They focused on was it drugs or family violence and we find it was a low life stalker who just stalks and then goes for the kill for no reason. We know he will kill a whole family just to get children. We now know he killed before. We know he is connected to the Martinez boy. I still feel he should be checked out for the Short case.

They missed the fingerprint connection with the Martinez boy at first so now they need to check all prints found in the Short case.

This scum bag, Duncan, is evil and I would put nothing past him. I say check it out and then if he didn't do it at least it would eliminate this possibility.

Notice how Bowman seems to only have answers to particular allegations. He never says "I can see why they would think it's me", or, " I've read all the info myself and I sit up day and night putting the pieces together," etc. He answers only about the things he's been accused of. If it were me, and I was being accused, I would be pitching a about the whole thing and threatening to sue for false arrest and detainment. He even said he called a mobile home mover in Eden (NC) and forgot which one. How many are there in this small town? Would he not substantiate the claim by calling the one or two movers here to validate his assertion? This evil, redneck, murdering *advertiser censored* is guilty as hell. He knows there's no physical proof and he simply is clever enough to know what to say and claims "old man memory loss" on specifics.This Joseph Duncan would've never dumped the body where it was found. It wasn't even a good spot. It is way off the main highway and is very close to Bowman's address at that time. Quit speculating on Duncan and bring it back to this lying, redneck murderer who only answers what is asked. :loser:

stevie said:
Notice how Bowman seems to only have answers to particular allegations. He never says "I can see why they would think it's me", or, " I've read all the info myself and I sit up day and night putting the pieces together," etc. He answers only about the things he's been accused of. If it were me, and I was being accused, I would be pitching a about the whole thing and threatening to sue for false arrest and detainment. He even said he called a mobile home mover in Eden (NC) and forgot which one. How many are there in this small town? Would he not substantiate the claim by calling the one or two movers here to validate his assertion? This evil, redneck, murdering *advertiser censored* is guilty as hell. He knows there's no physical proof and he simply is clever enough to know what to say and claims "old man memory loss" on specifics.This Joseph Duncan would've never dumped the body where it was found. It wasn't even a good spot. It is way off the main highway and is very close to Bowman's address at that time. Quit speculating on Duncan and bring it back to this lying, redneck murderer who only answers what is asked. :loser:

Bowman may very well be the guilty party, but LE has been unable to find enough evidence to arrest him. And from reading in other cold cases- one of the worst things LE can do is focus on a suspect (with insufficient proof) and exclude all others simply because they think another suspect did it. Many cases have gone unsolved for many years, because of that. And when proof was finally obtained- the guilty party wasn't their original suspect.
Until they have enough proof to arrest someone for a case, they should continue to look at other suspects just to make sure they don't miss something important.

Today marks three years since Michael and Mary Short were shot and killed in their home in Oak Level, Va.. Their 9-year-old daughter, Jennifer, was abducted from the house that same night: Aug. 15, 2002.

Authorities won't say whether they are closer to solving the case than they were a year ago.

But about three months ago, investigators began a complete review of the case, said Kevin Foust, supervisory agent for the FBI's Roanoke, Va., office. They have been poring over volumes of information dating to the start of the investigation and have reinterviewed some people.
http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbc...050815/NEWSREC0101/508150306/1001/NEWSREC0201

Let's don't let it die. Pray, think, ask, create. It seems to be slipping away . . .

stevie said:
Let's don't let it die. Pray, think, ask, create. It seems to be slipping away . . .

I hope that this case is solved. You would think that there would have been evidence left at the home...something. Didn't they find any finger prints or anything at all? Was this family related to you stevie? If not, did you know them? No killer should get away. This family deserves justice and I hope they catch whoever did this.

As a child, I was kidnapped, tied to a tree and set on fire. This happened within ten miles of where they found Jennifer's body. I remember how horrified I felt as this was happening. I'm sure she felt similar feelings to mine. I was lucky to have my assailant captured, she may not be as lucky. I want to say that as a result of being pushed to the brink of eternity, I am sensitive to this case and I feel strongly that Bowman did it. His attitude resembles the attitude of my assailant in court. He was without conscience and fell asleep during the proceedings. I've yet to hear Bowman say he is sorry for what happened to the Short family, it's all about him. That's either a sign of ignorance or a guilty man thinking only of himself.

stevie said:
As a child, I was kidnapped, tied to a tree and set on fire. This happened within ten miles of where they found Jennifer's body. I remember how horrified I felt as this was happening. I'm sure she felt similar feelings to mine. I was lucky to have my assailant captured, she may not be as lucky. I want to say that as a result of being pushed to the brink of eternity, I am sensitive to this case and I feel strongly that Bowman did it. His attitude resembles the attitude of my assailant in court. He was without conscience and fell asleep during the proceedings. I've yet to hear Bowman say he is sorry for what happened to the Short family, it's all about him. That's either a sign of ignorance or a guilty man thinking only of himself.

No wonder you feel so strongly about this case. I'm so sorry that you had to go through such a horrible thing when you were young. Thank God you lived through it and thank God the monster who did that to you is in prison. Well I'm glad that this family has someone like you for their advocate.

You are probably right and the monster in this case is Bowman. He probably thinks that he is home free. Let's hope not.

I am glad they are relooking at the case. Hopefully, they will come up with something they missed or reconnect with something that was said with newer info and come up with something. It is very frustrating to watch a case sit there, unsolved. Esp. a case where there is a kid involved. In this case there was an entire family murdered and that makes it so much worse.

The guy who did that to me is now free from prison. He lives about six miles from me in Axton, Virginia. He got 38 1/2 years and served about 18. He is now a major cocaine dealer in that neck of the woods. His name is Marcellus Murphy. He is black and is 55 years old. I hope this'll trickle through the grapevine and do him in for good. I know people who've bought drugs from him and they were even dumb enough to let me know it.

If vigilante justice was in vogue, I'd put a gun in Bowman's mouth and give him three seconds to fess up. I know that I know that I know he is guilty as hell.

Stevie from Salem in my neck of the woods.
When I think about this case it chills me everytime.
I am frustrated and saddened this is still open.

stevie said:
The guy who did that to me is now free from prison. He lives about six miles from me in Axton, Virginia. He got 38 1/2 years and served about 18. He is now a major cocaine dealer in that neck of the woods. His name is Marcellus Murphy. He is black and is 55 years old. I hope this'll trickle through the grapevine and do him in for good. I know people who've bought drugs from him and they were even dumb enough to let me know it.

If vigilante justice was in vogue, I'd put a gun in Bowman's mouth and give him three seconds to fess up. I know that I know that I know he is guilty as hell.

I don't understand why that man was ever let out of prison. When they give a person a certain length of a sentence that person should have to serve that length of time...it is just total bullchit. That is one of the many things that is wrong with our judicial system.

In places considered real redneck... backwoods justice is still popular. No one ever finds the person or what happened to them. There is an area up my way where it is all country....backwoods...and at times they have their own way of metting out justice. If our judicial system doesn't get a makeover sometime soon people will start taking justice into their own hands. That is how I feel about domestic violence. A protection order isn't worth the paper it is written on.....and it doesn't stop a bullet. In a lot of situations it ends up being your life or theirs. Better their life then yours that is lost.

I hope that Mr. Murphy gets what he deserves one of these days. So now he is out ruining the lives of others through drugs this time. Doesn't LE know about his dealing? How can you stand knowing he lives that close to you after what he did to you? What made LE think he wouldn't do that to another child? Just bizarre.

stevie said:

Just a thought. Have you ever considered a drug tip hotline?

stevie said:

Stevie, I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. I did a google search on Marcellus Murphy and found this one (Marcellus A. Murphy, 19) who is too young to be the one you are talking about, but he lit his girlfriend on fire:
http://mesh.medill.northwestern.edu/mnschicago/archives/2004/06/jury_still_deli.html

Could this guy be related, possibly even his son?

BTW: I am not sure what to think of Bowman, but I know I did think he was guilty when he was first a suspect. I lived not all that far away in North Carolina when this case hit the media.

Sewing Deb,

I saw the same Murphy on Google. Can you believe two people with the same name and at the same time (19) in their lives, lit someone on fire? This is what a lot of people don't understand. Some people are picked on heavily by Satan and he has messed with me my whole life. The normalcies of life: brick homes, mother's apron, cartoons, seems to portray things as safe and innocent. I know that the devil has it in for me. If I had time, I'd name 5000 things that one can see if they look hard enough.

As far as the drug hotline: I told a cop in Eden about this guy and he said not to worry.

If I took matters into my own hands regarding him, the ACLU and Tree Huggers for Arsonists and the NAACP would string me by the nads. All signs would point to me. I won't give them the pleasure of slamming the cell on me as they wallow in hypocrisy.

I will not allow myself to be incarcerated for the sake of this worthless man. I am disfigured from the fire and it has dented my social confidence and affects the way people treat me.

It is better to find my own joy and replace the malice with an appreciation of what is good. Putting Bowman behind bars would make me happier than anything I could think of at this point. The cops should pick him up every morning at 3:00 and ask him the same parrot training questions until he drools. There is a time to every purpose . . .

stevie said:
Sewing Deb,

I saw the same Murphy on Google. Can you believe two people with the same name and at the same time (19) in their lives, lit someone on fire? This is what a lot of people don't understand. Some people are picked on heavily by Satan and he has messed with me my whole life. The normalcies of life: brick homes, mother's apron, cartoons, seems to portray things as safe and innocent. I know that the devil has it in for me. If I had time, I'd name 5000 things that one can see if they look hard enough.

As far as the drug hotline: I told a cop in Eden about this guy and he said not to worry.

If I took matters into my own hands regarding him, the ACLU and Tree Huggers for Arsonists and the NAACP would string me by the nads. All signs would point to me. I won't give them the pleasure of slamming the cell on me as they wallow in hypocrisy.

I will not allow myself to be incarcerated for the sake of this worthless man. I am disfigured from the fire and it has dented my social confidence and affects the way people treat me.

It is better to find my own joy and replace the malice with an appreciation of what is good. Putting Bowman behind bars would make me happier than anything I could think of at this point. The cops should pick him up every morning at 3:00 and ask him the same parrot training questions until he drools. There is a time to every purpose . . .

It really is wild that two with the same name commit the same crime at the same age. I was wondering if the younger could be the older's son or other member of the same family who was named after him. They don't live near each other, though.

I really hate that you have suffered in your life and I like your attitude about appreciating what is good. We should all do that more than we do.

Not a bad idea to keep the pressure on Bowman. I wonder why LE slacked off?

Those two pyromaniacs are not related. It's just unreal.

I am fine. One of the cutest, sweetest little girls on earth is not. This is about Jennifer.

LE has their hands tied by procedural restraint. They need something that'll hold up in court. It's strange how a weasly little fellow like Bowman is such a good liar. If he were smart, he'd voice some concern over the incident. Especially since he's "innocent."

Strange to me a man with his country hick values would choose to leave the hickest place on earth (Rockingham County) to tough it out (at his age) in Canada. And that lakeside location! Yeah, right. He was above an auto shop hiding from the law.

I feel so inept, as the law and her relatives must feel, to not be able to find a way to nail the *advertiser censored*. Vigilante justice just may take care of him some day. If I found out I had a terminal disease, I'd go to him that second. I hate to see her family hurt this badly.

At this point, I believe the only way to solve this case is to increase the reward money to 100,000.00 Maybe this could be raised with equity guarantees from her relative's homes. I believe the public would help to reimburse the family if this worked.

I believe two people committed this crime, Bowman and his accomplice. :slap: There is a bit of info out there that an amount like that could buy. Money talks and gets no indictment. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back