Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another scenario...

Maybe somebody noticed she was desperate to get back in and told her he could get her in around the back of the arena, using that to lure her. I used to work as a stage hand at a big arena and knew how to use the worker's entrance.

If she was meeting someone could we suppose a scenario (hypothetical) that she knows this person from the internet? Maybe in her excitement she posted on FB or somewhere and hooked up with another supposed Metallica fan with plans to meet?

Is it further possible that upon meeting this person he took her phone, pulled the battery and ditched her stuff, and then just took her? I think I am going to bed now. I will be checking my little guys before I do, and I finally have a reason to feel good for having our alarm installed last year. This is all so confusing and potentially awful.

Another scenario...

Maybe somebody noticed she was desperate to get back in and told her he could get her in around the back of the arena, using that to lure her. I used to work as a stage hand at a big arena and knew how to use the worker's entrance.

Another very possible scenario. I think because of the fact it's been stated she had the concert tickets on her fridge for 6 months, was VERY excited to go, etc. and then figured out she couldn't get back in before the show started, she would've done whatever it took to get back in (buying from scalpers like I mentioned earlier, or your theory of being lured) and that's what's so scary.

There was quite a bit of discussion on Nancy Grace about the fact that she left the arena for a concert that she had looked forward to for six months. Maybe she wasn't looking forward to the concert. Maybe she was looking forward to meeting up with "someone". I just can't imagine why her friends would leave without her unless they thought she was with someone she wanted to be with.

I've followed the Brittanee Drexel case and her friends did pretty much the same thing. I just don't understand how friends let their friends go off on their own. It's just not safe.

If her friends knew she was meeting someone though, wouldn't they tell LE? I just think if that was the case, we would have more information on a possible suspect.

Thanks wva. There's still more to be heard from the friends within the logic of the story:

Why go outside the arena if you're sick, unless to rest in the car? She probably would have told her friends where she was going, and since it it was her car, she should have had the keys. The friends would have reported checking on her by cell or at least having gone with her to the exit gate, and having kept up with her, as she was their ride (at least in some of the reports she was the car owner and driver).

If she were sick, she must have gotten better since she tried to re-enter as late as approximately 10 PM.

Did her friends establish a rendez-vous after the concert, since she called them from stranded outside and she (?) had the car?

Since she had her purse, she could have bought a scalper ticket on the cheap as the main act opened and gotten back inside or her friends could have pooled some $.

So there is more to the friends' story than we're hearing, maybe due to fuzzy reporting, friends' reluctance, or being kept unclear at LE request.

There's also a lot of time unaccounted between when she left her friends and when she was reported trying to regain entry.

A quite curious jumble of information.

Thanks for the local info.

Crypto6
Yes this.

The fact that she had the tickets up for 6 months and was apparently a huge fan suggests that she DID want to see the concert (presumably.) Can one of you locals find out if the arena were sold out? B/c it does seem logical that they would try to pool their money or something to buy another ticket for her to get back in... unless every single seat were already sold? (Does that even happen?)

There are at least two areas directly behind the arena away from both roads that have small, wooded areas. The rest of the area around the arena is pretty well populated to include a main thoroughfare through Cville, and student dorms and the law school right behind it. The old stadium and the baseball field is catty-cornered to the arena.

This is an extremely busy area just about all times of day because of the dorms and sports fields around it.

If her friends knew she was meeting someone though, wouldn't they tell LE? I just think if that was the case, we would have more information on a possible suspect.
Yes, even if initially they wanted to cover for her and didn't want to tell at first (by not reporting her msising that night) after her purse was found and it started looking bad, that would be the time to tell the whole story.

Kant,
Tickets were still being advertised as for sale the day of the show in the morning because my co-worker scored some. I will double check to see if she purchased from box office or scalper tomorrow. The day before it was reported that the arena still had some really expensive and really cheap seats left.

There was quite a bit of discussion on Nancy Grace about the fact that she left the arena for a concert that she had looked forward to for six months. Maybe she wasn't looking forward to the concert. Maybe she was looking forward to meeting up with "someone". I just can't imagine why her friends would leave without her unless they thought she was with someone she wanted to be with.

That's a good point. I noticed that she did make a comment on a guy's ms taking the initiative of meeting somebody she didn't know, even if she said she doesn't normally do such a thing. I am NOT implying anything about that guy just pointing out she did it. Obviously LE would have records if she called someone around the time of the show even if her phone's battery is missing.

After watching Nancy Grace tonight, Morgans mother (Gil Harrington) stated that the group of girls that Morgan went to the concert with were "all like sisters" to Morgan. She says they have known each other since highschool or before, and were all girls that she was very familiar with, had in her home many times, and would do anything for each other.

Then, they had a private investigator on, and he made a good point. He said perhaps the reason they didn't wait for Morgan after the show (the mom stated they had waited for Morgan for a significant amount of time, couldn't reach her so they left) was because they knew Morgan was meeting someone there. Maybe she had mentioned meeting a friend there and she figured she would get a ride with them.

If what the mom says is true about her friends, I find it hard to believe they would just leave her without, at the VERY least notifying someone she was missing. I think, like the PI stated, she was meeting someone there and her friends figured she had gotten a ride home with that person.I can't think of any other reason they would have left without notifying anyone.

This is kinda the way I'm leaning, KC. It's just the purse and cell phone thing that's bothering me. If she was meeting someone there and the other girls knew it, she would have taken her purse, IMO. Also, if the girls were as close as the Mom claims, at least one of them should know who she was meeting, if that was the case.

There are at least two areas directly behind the arena away from both roads that have small, wooded areas. The rest of the area around the arena is pretty well populated to include a main thoroughfare through Cville, and student dorms and the law school right behind it. The old stadium and the baseball field is catty-cornered to the arena.

This is an extremely busy area just about all times of day because of the dorms and sports fields around it.

It seems like the girl she called to tell her that she couldn't get back in would have asked her, "WHY did you go outside?" Unless she already knows why.... and feels like she cant say; But dang, it seems like to me when someone is MISSING, covering for other deeds should be off the freakin table.

The two really really hinky parts for me (among other hinky parts) are:

Why did she leave the arena?

Why didn't the friends didn't call the cops that night?

Wasn't Morgan given 1/2 her ticket back when entering the concert? If so, why wasn't it in her purse? Did she just throw it away. Even if another person carried her ticket stub, why wouldn't she call them for help in getting back in the stadium. TIA

Yes. Friends don't behave this way. I had roommates in college, and we would go to parties and perhaps have a drink or two, and we knew that we had to keep an eye out for one another. Something is wrong here and now is not the time to protect Morgan's dignity. If she had a secret boyfriend, spill and tell the parents and LE. It could be her life.

JPJ arena does a scan of barcodes and then they give you your ticket or print out back. She should have had it . Most people at least keep the ticket as a souvenir. She couldn't use it to get back in, but you never see people just throw them away. I still have my Green Day ticket from 3 months ago.

Another very possible scenario. I think because of the fact it's been stated she had the concert tickets on her fridge for 6 months, was VERY excited to go, etc. and then figured out she couldn't get back in before the show started, she would've done whatever it took to get back in (buying from scalpers like I mentioned earlier, or your theory of being lured) and that's what's so scary.

Re-entry scenario, either scalper-gone-wrong or lured to a potential back entrance (where were you Saturday, Fries??) fit the theory of the concert being the major lure. Another thought is she was meeting someone for a reason which was equally or more exciting to her and the concert is simply the means and cover. If the latter, the friends may not have been in on the scheme. Computer and cell records should be revealing.

Girl question: Taking what you see of her in her pictures as to her style of dress, would she have been as particular with her clothes for just a group of her female friends, or does this imply a guy lurking??

C6

Kant,
Tickets were still being advertised as for sale the day of the show in the morning because my co-worker scored some. I will double check to see if she purchased from box office or scalper tomorrow. The day before it was reported that the arena still had some really expensive and really cheap seats left.
Thanks. YEs, she could have bought the cheapest seat and then gone back to her original seat.

But as someone here said, maybe it wasnt the concert she was looking forward to, but the who would be there to meet her... in a another city. I can see that as being concocted by a 20 year old as a romantic and "fun." If it were someone she met online... omg.... surely not. But wouldnt she have confided in the "sisters?" if that were the case? They need to check her computer if they haven't already.

I've followed the Brittanee Drexel case and her friends did pretty much the same thing. I just don't understand how friends let their friends go off on their own. It's just not safe.

I don't understand it either! But we know that kids this age believe they're invincible and that nothing bad can happen to them.

I asked my DD, who is 20, if she would leave a friend under these circumstances and she said "no way." That said, I, being the sleuther that I am, caution her CONSTANTLY about how dangerous it is to be out and about alone. For the most part, she just rolls her eyes and tells me I'm crazy.

It seems like the girl she called to tell her that she couldn't get back in would have asked her, "WHY did you go outside?" Unless she already knows why.... and feels like she cant say; But dang, it seems like to me when someone is MISSING, covering for other deeds should be off the freakin table.

The two really really hinky parts for me (among other hinky parts) are:

Why did she leave the arena?

Why didn't the friends didn't call the cops that night?

And why was her battery pulled out of her cell? Maybe it was because whoever got mad at her and she went to call her friends inside again and they got mad, grabbed her cell from her, pulled out the battery and gave it back to her?

JPJ arena does a scan of barcodes and then they give you your ticket or print out back. She should have had it . Most people at least keep the ticket as a souvenir. She couldn't use it to get back in, but you never see people just throw them away. I still have my Green Day ticket from 3 months ago.

Morgan waited 6 months for that concert, I highly doubt she would throw her ticket out. So I wonder where it was? In her purse? And if so, she most certainly could get back in. I have a feeling she met someone out in front and either knew him, or was all but carried away. mho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88