Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searchfor, I think you are correct. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I heard there is a 'housing development' with some construction going on somewhere adjoining this farm.

Lets not forget that she had HER CAR at the concert.

If the friends had her car keys, Why didn't they take the car keys to the door and hand them to her so she could sit in her car til the concert was over??? Her friends Letting her start to hitch-hike home when her car is in the parking lot..
This doesn't make sense in my opinion.
I am using google earth and it looks like there are a few houses back there. They are not close together (like what I think of when I hear subdivision). I don't know how updated this thing is, so there could be more now. I am unable to see any construction going on back there.

I don't know how close Morgan was with these friends, but I would be really mad if my daughter got stuck outside like that and her friends didn't bring her car keys to her. That part I can't understand.

Searchfor, I think you are correct. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I heard there is a 'housing development' with some construction going on somewhere adjoining this farm.

Lets not forget that she had HER CAR at the concert.

If the friends had her car keys, Why didn't they take the car keys to the door and hand them to her so she could sit in her car til the concert was over??? Her friends Letting her start to hitch-hike home when her car is in the parking lot..
This doesn't make sense in my opinion.

I really am shocked that Morgan's friends left her out in the cold like they did.

Frankly, I hope they all feel guilty for what eventually happened to Morgan. I'm sorry, but with friends like them,.....................you get the point.

JMHO
fran

I too have been wondering about the possibility of her running to get away from someone and just happened to die where she was found. Maybe she was attacked somewhere close by then ran into the farm? Maybe she was tossed out of a car on the road to the west of the farm and she ran into the woods and only made it part way onto the field before collapsing and dying. I know NG laughed the possibility off last night of Morgan running into the field herself, but, I don't think anything can really be ruled out yet.

hi....post no. 891 bought this up first and since reading that, it seems like a very likely scenario to me......she may have been at a party not too far away and someone attacked her and she ran off or at a house not far away and she ran off after being injured and wanted to get off the main road in case they/he came after her in a car and was hiding in the field and died of her injuries.......

I really am shocked that Morgan's friends left her out in the cold like they did.

Frankly, I hope they all feel guilty for what eventually happened to Morgan. I'm sorry, but with friends like them,.....................you get the point.

JMHO
fran

I remember asking my 20-year-old daughter when Morgan first went missing if she and her friends would just let one of their girls take off alone like that or leave without her under these circumstances and she said noooooooo way!

I have been following this case and I don't think it was a local. I just don't- why would she be so easily found? A local would know the seasons and the way the earth changes according to those seasons. It seems like a very 'disorganised' killing. She was dumped-just far enough off the road and just not deep enough for the perp to have time to get away. I think someone got 'lucky' in the way they perpetrated the crime and dumped her and got away.
She was 'noticed' in a big way-when she was locked out of the concert.....she could have ended up anywhere-a convenience store? Maybe she begged off from people she met in the parking lot and convinced them she would be 'ok' and started walking. I don't know-I just think it wasn't a local-too darned obvious.....I just hope to God they find the perp. It makes me insane to think about young women being prey. I have an almost 20 year old myself and she thinks she knows it all.
Prayers for her family-what great parents they are.
What started out as a long-awaited fun night-good God.

I am a bit confused about getting to the location....

I just read where the farmer has said that the only way to where the body was found is by driving to his main farm house and then taking unsealed paths AND THEN only accessing location by four wheel drive vehicle....

The police vehicles could not get in there and they had to walk in from the unsealed path....

if this is correct then it is highly likely she was walked in......but why walk into waist high grass and wasnt it cold over there at that time of year???....

I just cant see a 20 year old girl walking into waist high grass willingly......so she either ran in there herself to escape/hide from someone or was carried in/dragged in by foot...

I think the access to this location really does need to be clarified.

What doesnt make sense to me is not being let back in even though you have a ticket stub. How can that be right? How did she end up outside in the first place?
tia

it's protocol that law enforcement surround a crime scene especially when a body has been found.

May we please stop talking about the plane theory. come on guys you all are smarter than coming to that conclusion.

Buzzards circling a field in central Virginia are a common sight, infact so common, would almost be invisible to a local resident. Even if some one did notice that, they wouldn't care enough to investigate. With the bad weather that area has recently had, all kinds of small woodland creatures probably have died.

QUOTE=Mysterylover;4739596]Newshound, I've wondered why a hunter didn't run across the body or see some buzzards circling and check what they were after.[/QUOTE]

What if she was still alive and they went out on a 'fun' midnight ride?

I was thinking this earlier today myself. But I definately think if she was she did not walk out there. Reports state she was wearing Black Boots, heels or not I'm not sure. If they were no way she walked.

JMHO
fran

I think Morgan's "friends" will find themselves sitting in on some very lengthy interviews with LE. Something's very very fishy here. How could they have her car and keys and just not get them to her - I don't believe the business about her saying it was okay, she would find her way home. That is a bunch of carp. I do think she was smarter than that.

May we please stop talking about the plane theory. come on guys you all are smarter than coming to that conclusion.

A plane..That was one of my first thoughts- Could she possibly have been droped from a low flying plane or helicopter because of the remoteness of the area.

I did not have the information that gave in the above post and I know nothing about planes so I did not realize how very difficult that would be.

I do know that I live in a very similiar remote area and the planes that fly over looking for pot are so low they just barely miss the tree tops!

Anything is possible. Many of us have expertise in different things but I've never felt if I disagreed with someone else's theory that they were not smart.

That's what we do here; throw out things and discuss them, for ex. why it would or would not be possible in each poster's opinions.

Licensed pilot here...I'm not discounting your theory but I'll tell you it's pretty tough to do. Opening the door in flight is hard. One of my instructors did it once to test me - asked me what on earth was going on down there, and when I looked out the window he opened the door on his side to cause a lot of drag and make the plane yaw violently to the right. He had to turn sideways and use both feet to keep the door open, as we were going about 130 MPH at the time. To do something like that with 2 people would be possible with practice, but by yourself you would most probably end up dead yourself.

But hey, I suppose it COULD be done...

Thanks, and ITA.....I tried to explain this a bit earlier....it would take at least two people to do this, and since one of those would have to be 100% paying attention to flying the plane in this situation, the other would have a real hard time holding open a door and lifting a body out and trying to drop it into a previously identified chosen area. JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, and then again, there would be numerous broken bones to indicate this had been done. AND if people think getting a car or ATV into the area without notice would be hard......what about a plane in broad daylight? Flying low in a small plane at night is not going to happen either, as the pilot can't see trees or power lines or any other unlighted tall structures.

jmoo

Hey Calliope! Just to clear up a little something. MH's phone was found with her pocketbook it was the battery that was missing.

Thanks. I know; I wasn't clear, sorry. I meant that it wasn't taken by the person who abducted her.

There are at least a couple within a relatively short distance to where she lives. I think I know the one you're referring to; he is listed as a violent offender, convicted of rape (twice?) and is about Morgan's age with an all-American boy look. Not someone I'd pick out (based only on his looks) as a SO.

That's really scary, isn't it? Looks like the All-American boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member