Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
from this:

“i don’t have any employees,” he said. “i do the farm myself, and … you know, we have the normal people that would come on any residential property to fix your air conditioning or your heating or your plumbing,” he said.

i'd like to know who does his plumbing!

perhaps a rso that works at advance plumbing..hmm

Susan,
I was looking for the info about the basketball players last night. It is posted somewhere in the thread but I can't find it. They were UVA players, right?

i havent heard that
but i find it interesting that her brother went to college at UVA last year...so maybe Morgan knows a lot of people there and met up with them at the concert.

This has me confused. The witness says:

"Parson says she remains frustrated that police have not allowed her to identify the men she saw with the woman— particularly because she saw one on a subsequent night on the Lawn.
“I just want them to let me identify who I saw,” says Parsons, who now fears that her status as a potential witness may have put her in danger as she makes her middle-of-the-night newspaper rounds. But law expert Mnookin points out that police are limited when it comes to identifying people who haven’t committed a crime.
“You can’t arrest someone for no reason, and can’t make someone be in a line-up,” she says. If there were an already existing photo or if Parson could point one out in a public place, police could question him.
Parson acknowledges there’s a possibility the woman she saw wasn’t Morgan, but without knowing who it was— or who the men with that woman are— she says, there’s no way to rule it out."
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...fore-hitching-morgan-harrington-caused-worry/

So is LE saying that they know the identity of the person that this witness saw but they can't make him be in a line up? Then they go on to say," if there were an already existing photo"

LE does photo line-ups every day using DL photo's, student ID cards etc. I don't understand why this would be a problem.
Maybe I am reading the whole thing wrong but it sounds to me like they have a name(or names) to go with who she saw. Why won't they let her attempt to identify him or them? :waitasec:

If there were an already existing photo? If this person, that was seen is a student, then their are plenty of already existing photo's.
The witness needs to look at year books and identify whom she saw ..then police could take a closer look...
If this person is under LE radar then they will find a reason to stop them ..do they still give tickets for JWalking in Charlottesville? We have road checks here all the time..checking for inspection stickers, city decals, if Le has reason they " can pull a penny from their pocket and measure the amount of tread on your tires"...and ticket you for defective equipment..
any driver under the age of 21 with cigarette butts or empty cigarette packs in their car gives LE probable cause to search the car...I'm serious.
I think if LE had enough to go on they would move but speculation leads to unneeded law suits so they must be careful.
Plus if this is the perp ,the arrest could be compromised and a killer be set free...it has happened enough in the past..hope they take their time and move with all caution so when it happens there are no mistakes.

i have to agree high profile case LE CAN NOT AFFORD TO MESS UP.

This has me confused. The witness says:

"Parson says she remains frustrated that police have not allowed her to identify the men she saw with the woman— particularly because she saw one on a subsequent night on the Lawn.
“I just want them to let me identify who I saw,”LE does photo line-ups every day using DL photo's, student ID cards etc. I don't understand why this would be a problem.
Maybe I am reading the whole thing wrong but it sounds to me like they have a name(or names) to go with who she saw. Why won't they let her attempt to identify him or them? :waitasec:

It could be because they do not need her to identify who she saw,either they knew who she saw and why she saw him or her sight is not enough to build a case on or hold up in court.

OH YES. I have raised 4 teen age drivers, when the last 2 were driving they both got their 1st ticked together..I had to go with them to court and sit through about a 5 hour talk about Drivers Safety along with information the Judge and Police Office's shared.
This was one of them. If a police officer stops anyone under the age of 21 and there are cigarette butts or pack of cigarettes it gives the officer probable cause...it is not legal to smoke till 21..
Another tidbit.. if you are behind a Police Officer in snowy or rainy weather and the speed limit is 55 and the Police officer is traveling 45 and you pass him ...he can give you a ticket..
Failure to Use Due Care..75 dollars plus court cost of 65..ask me how I know...lol
I don't agree with either of these laws but I don't wear a badge..just try to do my best to obey the ones I know.
PLEASE FORGIVE me if this may be considered off topic and I hope to never detract from the importance of the forum but the reason I stated this was because the "witness" was saying the police wouldn't let her pick this person out that she saw..she acted like LE was not allowed to talk to this person...my point was if LE has an interest in you..they will find a reason to get that opportunity..if it is a simple road check set up on that persons way to work or school..see what I am saying.
I just have a problem with an eye witnesses in the dark.I don't think it has been proven she was ever there.If this person KNEW Morgan, Had had a relationship with her, knew her from class..in her daughters class ..lived next door...met her at the clinic...if she knew Morgan and said "I saw her I would have more reason to believe the sighting...
But any blond girl with black clothing would look like Morgan on second thought about a drive delivering papers...

I'm sorry I havn't read this whole thread so i don't know if anything like this has been mentioned yet but there was a caller that called in on HLN and his comment was that there is a small 2 bedroom cottage on the other side of that farmland and that this place was used to party.He went to school there and he said he is very familiar with that farmland because he used to party there and so did many others.

bumping this up again, b/c, I think someone knew this property, and knew this little area where Morgan was found, is a spot of history.

To me, it's about the spot, and the history of the spot. it's just what I feel.
I wonder if other girls have been raped or drugged, or both, and taken to that area in the past, and just never reported it, or did, but LE hasn't found the info yet.

That's what I'm thinking fwiw.

Just learned about the possible previous bad relationship.
But how would another "kid" know about this particular site?
Parents, uncles, aunts, friends of parents, older siblings?

The site screams look at my history, to me. :(

Again, I feel it is someome she met online that worked at this ranch......

Again, I feel it is someome she met online that worked at this ranch......

I think the owner said there were no hired hands. But there are lots of other reasons for people to be familiar with the ranch. Hunters, partiers, previous residents, etc.

bumping this up again, b/c, I think someone knew this property, and knew this little area where Morgan was found, is a spot of history.

To me, it's about the spot, and the history of the spot. it's just what I feel.
I wonder if other girls have been raped or drugged, or both, and taken to that area in the past, and just never reported it, or did, but LE hasn't found the info yet.

That's what I'm thinking fwiw.

Just learned about the possible previous bad relationship.
But how would another "kid" know about this particular site?
Parents, uncles, aunts, friends of parents, older siblings?

The site screams look at my history, to me. :(

I've wondered about this myself but I'm having trouble putting my concerns into words. What I am able to see and speak about too many college students/young people behaving badly.

Hi All,

Sorry it took so long to get this thread back but all is well.

You will notice many posts are missing. You may also notice the posts missing all contain the same talking point. If you realize this then PLEASE DO NOT POST ABOUT IT. Thank you.

If this post leaves you totally confused that's OK. Carry on. ;)

Thank you.

Tricia

Yes, Thank You Tricia and Mods for your hard work on this thread. I'm glad it's back!

I seem to be confused as to whether Morgan was seen before, inside or outside the arena on video. Do we know if there is actual footage of her? I know it hasn't been released but do we know some exists?

Hi All,

Sorry it took so long to get this thread back but all is well.

You will notice many posts are missing. You may also notice the posts missing all contain the same talking point. If you realize this then PLEASE DO NOT POST ABOUT IT. Thank you.

If this post leaves you totally confused that's OK. Carry on. ;)

Thank you.

Tricia

This post leaves me totally confused , and that is ok I'd rather not know lol :crazy:

Yes, Thank You Tricia and Mods for your hard work on this thread. I'm glad it's back!

I seem to be confused as to whether Morgan was seen before, inside or outside the arena on video. Do we know if there is actual footage of her? I know it hasn't been released but do we know some exists?

Your question has been one of endless debate these past three months. Many feel she was never at the JPJ arena, some think she was on the grounds but never inside and other believe LE has been purposely withholding information and video footage that shows her at the JPJ. It looks as if door number three is the winner here. Despite LE making statements early on that they had reviewed video footage from the night of the concert and found none of it to be useful, they never did state she wasn’t seen on it. Today, for the first time a major news outlet, ABC News, released the story below confirming for the first time through the use of video she was there that night and tried to get back in to the JPJ once she found herself outside. I believe we will start to see more of this type of information being released slowly over the next week or two by LE. I think we will find that they have known much more about things regarding this case these past few months than anyone thought they did.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-pra...a-tech-student-morgan/story?id=9701648&page=1

Your question has been one of endless debate these past three months. Many feel she was never at the JPJ arena, some think she was on the grounds but never inside and other believe LE has been purposely withholding information and video footage that shows her at the JPJ. It looks as if door number three is the winner here. Despite LE making statements early on that they had reviewed video footage from the night of the concert and found none of it to be useful, they never did state she wasn’t seen on it. Today, for the first time a major news outlet, ABC News, released the story below confirming for the first time through the use of video she was there that night and tried to get back in to the JPJ once she found herself outside. I believe we will start to see more of this type of information being released slowly over the next week or two by LE. I think we will find that have known much more about things regarding this case these past few months than anyone thought they did.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-pra...a-tech-student-morgan/story?id=9701648&page=1

Thank you, we must have been posting at the same time! This is the exact story I read today and was surprised when I saw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304