Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Cubby, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

2. Loading...

3. Walker

Walker New Member

Discussion of Possible Motives:

The Phantom:
    Had MH's license been suspended?

Does MH's resume have any significant gaps?

4. Walker

Walker New Member

JMO: The idea that SS shot her childhood friend in the face, specifically straight into her left eye, not even in the course of some violent struggle, but in cold blood, just doesn't seem right. We don't see any history which would have led up to the attack. Plus, MH's parents would have sensed that something was wrong ...

But if MH had informed on someone, and her testimony caused him to be incarcerated for 10 years or more, and also caused disruption an illegal drug operation resulting in some weird group losing huge money, then likely she would have been targeted.

Street gangs are often blamed for violent crimes related to drugs, but in this case, there seems to be an element of personal animosity. Therefore, a weird Manson-style group may be more likely to be the perps.

OTOH: maybe the two young women were rivals for the attention of some guy? Could such a situation lead to a murder?

5. JLMcKenna83

JLMcKenna83 LOL ≠ Lots of Luck

Sorry, I don't know how to carry over from another thread.

I have examined the photo for myself. There is nothing that specifically states that the picture is of Morgan. That is YOUR opinion. I'm asking for some type of article or statement from the artist saying that the picture represents Morgan D. Harrington. Can you provide that link? If not, then you must state that it is YOUR OPINION that the picture is a representation of Morgan. Until a link can be provided specifically stating that picture #14 in that person's FB photo album is of Morgan, then we must take it as your opinion and you should mark it as such. So I ask again, please provide us with some type of link stating that it's Morgan depicted in that drawing.

6. Dejasade

Dejasade New Member

I haven't posted or been on in a while. Have they released a cause of death for Morgan?
    TIA.

7. LLLindsayy

LLLindsayy Still doin' it for Britt.

No.

Certain words seen throughout writings by Morgan's family seems to give clues, but that is not a concrete answer.

Some posters here also think they may have a good idea about what happened to Morgan, but that's not concrete either.

8. ThePhantom

ThePhantom Active Member

To tell you the truth, I was never clear about the exact cause of Morgan's death, based on what the medical examiner released. Question: does the medical examiner have to release cause of death to the public? In certain cases, can this information be withheld, pending the outcome of further investigation? I know many of Morgan's bones were broken -- but nothing (as far as I know) was said as to how this was done -- were these blunt instrument injuries, crush injuries, vehicular related? Someone here once talked about the legal definition of "homocide" -- that this definition did not necessarily mean murder. Then, we heard Morgan's mother say Morgan was murdered. Was she? How do we know? Are we assuming this based upon the circumstances? I have been. I believe it was a brutal, horrible murder. I just don't know precisely how it was done. What do you think?

9. pittsburghgirl

pittsburghgirl New Member

Homicide refers to the killing of one human being by another. The killing could be accidental, self-defense, manslaughter or the various degrees of murder, depending on intentionality and aggravating circumstances (e.g., killing someone during a robbery or other felony, killing a police officer in the line of duty, etc.)

10. ChasingMoxie

ChasingMoxie Member

I don't think this is Morgan at all. To me it looks like a reference to a Hindu goddess; the sword and the serpent indicate the demon Mahishasura, and perhaps the beautiful representation is some sort of symbolic image of Durga, who is said to have defeated the demon Mahishasura. Though I doubt that it actually means anything symbolic in this case, really, because I think it's just somebody's drawing.

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/gallery/19742-ALMIGHTY.aspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahishasura

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durga

I'm not well-versed in Hindu religion or imagery, but to me these seem far more likely than it being a random, lone drawing of Morgan affecting typical Hindu goddess regalia and positioning.

Most likely, the artist is not well-versed either, and they were merely adopting imagery from several prominent Hindu goddess figures, i.e. Rama, Vishnu, et. al. in their rendering.

11. Walker

Walker New Member

The face looks like her. Plus, the odd jewelry.

12. JLMcKenna83

JLMcKenna83 LOL ≠ Lots of Luck

so it's still only your opinion then?

13. Walker

Walker New Member

All drawings are symbols.

Yes, the outer ring seems something like a snake. On the other thread, I suggested an ouroborus, or snake eating its own tail. The ourboros means "infinity."

[​IMG]

The snake seems to pierce her lower abdomen.

If it is a rendition of a Hindu goddess, why would the goddess be portrayed in what would be a horribly painful position rather than as victorious over the snake/serpent? Also, the way the subject's right hand is placed over her crotch is insinuating. Snakes are also phallic symbols. Is the artist implying that the subject is infinitely promiscuous?

Yes, the girl in the image does look like MH.

14. Natal

Natal Former Member

Because that is how south-east asian symbolic religous art is generally presented.

15. Natal

Natal Former Member

In Indian mythology snakes, especially cobras, are associated with wealth, power and fertility. Being encircled by a snake while holding a sword would be a depiction of strength.

16. Walker

Walker New Member

Don't recall ever seeing an Asian artwork similar to that image. Do you have a link to any examples?

17. Walker

Walker New Member

In the image, the subject is not encircled by the snake, but it pierces her lower abdomen.

But in your opinion, the "artist" is saying that the subject is extremely powerful? JMO: the image looks like MH, which shows that she had some link to AF prior to being killed.

18. 5CentsWorth

5CentsWorth The Proof is in the Pudding

Google Thangka art and click up at the top for images.

19. Walker

Walker New Member

20. Walker

Walker New Member

Example of genuine Buddhist art:
    [​IMG]

21. Walker

Walker New Member

Example of genuine Buddhist art:
    [​IMG]

Note serene contemplative mood.

Thread Status: