Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I promise, for Morgan and the other victim's sake...and everyone else's to look at EVERY single person that fits that description that I run into. =P I hope everyone else in VA will do the same...local reactions i've heard are in the realm of "We're going to find him...you watch and see".

I'm glad everyone is still so up in arms and ready to act (within legal limits, of course).

Well there are others who live around the area or work around the area that might recognize the person in the sketch.

I think they need to ask all of the kids/friends/workers if THEY recognize the person...I doubt the owner would.

It would be nice if they could come up with some altered sketches - of how he may look without facial hair...or the kind of "in" thing of the thin mustache/goatee combo...or how he may look bald or partially bald.

I think they need to ask all of the kids/friends/workers if THEY recognize the person...I doubt the owner would.

I'm going to try and be tactful, but I must ask this since you are in the area.
The farm where Morgan's body was found and it's surrounding neighborhoods are mostly white communities, or are they multicultural?
I'm thinking that if it is a mostly non-black area then this creep would have stood out a little if he worked or went around the farms for hunting or to ride bikes/four-wheelers. I hope this isn't offensive I'm just trying to point out that it's natural for anyone who looks different than what is the majority in any community is going to grab attention, and that's in LE's favor in trying to nab him.
I'm sure he has to be aware of the farm and it's layout, unless he just lucked out, but LE seem to think he knew he could dump her there without a problem. If he knows the farm and its layout, then someone around there knows that face and has seen him on other occasions.

I'm going to try and be tactful, but I must ask this since you are in the area.
The farm where Morgan's body was found and it's surrounding neighborhoods are mostly white communities, or are they multicultural?
I'm thinking that if it is a mostly non-black area then this creep would have stood out a little if he worked or went around the farms for hunting or to ride bikes/four-wheelers. I hope this isn't offensive I'm just trying to point out that it's natural for anyone who looks different than what is the majority in any community is going to grab attention, and that's in LE's favor in trying to nab him.
I'm sure he has to be aware of the farm and it's layout, unless he just lucked out, but LE seem to think he knew he could dump her there without a problem. If he knows the farm and its layout, then someone around there knows that face and has seen him on other occasions.

I don't think you had to worry about being tactful....it's directly relevant. There are plenty of multi-cultural communities around there (and also in Charlottesville - 10 minutes north). North Garden is predominantly black. I'll ask more for you from a friend in LE. But it's certainly not unheard of...I don't think he would have stood out, at all. JMO. i'll get back to you in a little bit =)

And you're right about people noticing...I just saw the first non-white person in my "area" yesterday (after living here since October). I'm from Miami so at first it didn't cross my mind that it was out of place...and then I remembered where I was. Places closer to Cville have a LOT more diversity...the perp was so close to Cville, it wouldn't have stuck out....now if you go further down 29/20, it would have.

I'm not of the mind that the perp was familiar with the place...I think he just got lucky.

ETA: If the perp did raise a flag to anyone, I guarantee they would have assumed it was a worker from a nearby property...but not that late!

Familiarity with the farm could be as simple as working for a delivery company--UPS, FED-EX, building or fencing supplies, cattle feed, tractor fuel, etc. It would only take a few trips a year to have become familiar with how to get in and out of such a remote driveway and to remember the area if one were inclined to be looking for such a place for any nefarious reason.

jmo

Familiarity with the farm could be as simple as working for a delivery company--UPS, FED-EX, building or fencing supplies, cattle feed, tractor fuel, etc. It would only take a few trips a year to have become familiar with how to get in and out of such a remote driveway and to remember the area if one were inclined to be looking for such a place for any nefarious reason.

jmo

Right on!!!! Great thought! You're absolutely right...our UPS person has to know our property pretty intimately ( 2 mile driveway...100 acres)...and anyone outside our "crew" could have easily taken a ride around without us knowing. Amazing idea!!! This perp could have even just been a passenger while someone else did a delivery or dropped some feed off, etc. You rock, Raeann!

ETA: Properties like these usually always have something that needs to be fixed...and there's a lot of "in and out" service (people unknown to us....Oh!!! What about Cable/Satellite/Utility providers...and someone working with power lines wouldn't really be questioned about the area they're in...are there power lines near where she was discovered?!)...I'm sure it would be 10X as much for almost 1,000 acres and farm equipment....just our amount gives us a headache.

Another idea: people can tresspass onto properties around here without the owners knowing (properties are just too big)...what is adjacent to this farm? What properties are around it? Someone could have easily been from a neighboring farm (worker, friend) and gone for a 4 wheeler ride and crossed over onto Anchorage property....Oh. Good ideas. Ex: we have parties...and people go out and ride...and who knows where they actually go if alone...ya know?

Also: state, county or municipal workers, e.g. highway or road crews; contractors or service providers for plumbing, electrical, lawn, etc.; any person who has a sales route in the area; someone in real estate; someone in the university community with ties to someone local.

The authorities must find him soon. I think he may be responsible for other missing young women, and I think his violence is escalating. Look at how savagely he assaulted Morgan, the magnitude of violence is horrifying. He is a wicked, out of control animal. For the sake and safety of all young women, he must be caught, because I doubt his evil deeds are limited to Virginia. There are plenty of targets for this wandering beast looking for prey -- especially one who is seemingly able to hide in broad daylight -- a chameleon

However this is not encouraging:

Following the release of the sketch on Thursday, many people said they haven't seen the wanted poster.

"This should be plastered all over those places, everywhere," said Matthew Hines, referencing key places in the Harrington case.

In North Garden, where Anchorage Farm is located, no posters have been posted,
but police are hoping people in Albemarle County will pay close attention to the picture, as investigators remain confident the suspect is familiar with the North Garden area.

ugh

I hope they catch this perp soon. There have been numerous unsolved sexual assaults in our neck of the woods, Fairfax County, in the past five years. Most women were walking from or to the metro or a shopping center, some just coming home from work.

I found a registered sex offender in the area who, in my opinion, bears a striking resemblance to the perp. Does anyone know if the state of Virginia has all DNA of registered sex offenders on file?

This guy lives right near the John Paul Jones Arena, also. Someone help me out with this...

This guy lives right near the John Paul Jones Arena, also. Someone help me out with this...

Help how.....do you want someone to look at it to see what they think?

"CBS 6 spoke Thursday night with the man who owns the Albemarle County farm where Morgan Harrington's body was found.

David Bass says that while he's glad police have a new lead in this case, he doesn't recognize the sketch of the possible suspect."

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-harrington-suspect-100701,0,7013535.story

Hopefully LE asked his daughter and others in his family if they recognize the suspect.

I have the sense that it is just a matter of time before all the dots are connected.

I found a registered sex offender in the area who, in my opinion, bears a striking resemblance to the perp. Does anyone know if the state of Virginia has all DNA of registered sex offenders on file?

You may go ahead and post the RSO here.

Hoppy
mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads