Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not good at things like this but does anyone think they could tell the size just by looking(long shot) at the jeans in the picture?

On one of the FB pages they have been discussing searches and it seems like only the immiedate area near the arena was searched. People have volunteered to help with a search if one is organized, but so far...nothing. I think I even read that LE had been contacted and had not gotten back to the anyone about a search.

I TOTALLY agree with you!! I can't believe so little is being done. It saddens and worries me. And to be totally honest it pi$$e$ me off.
Good grief.

That is all.

Just good grief.

snipped:

I interpreted this to mean that he had been living in the Northwest area of D.C., perhaps for a short time after graduating from UVa and decided he had to get out of that area -- Washington and its suburbs. Maybe his dad had connections to get him a job in D.C., but it didn't work out.

Washington DC is a UVA/VATech alumni magnet. It's the locus that serves as the brain-drain for upper-middle class, college educated young people from all across Virginia.

Great question; is that how it went? Does anyone recall how far her apt is from her parents home? Someone had found that info for me a few days ago and IIRC they said it's a bout a 35 mins drive; but Im not sure that Im remembering it right. Was Amy at the apt? Not disputing you, just following the line of questioning and the only reason I ask is b/c IIRC Amy has a sister at JMU; but that doesn't mean she was already there at JMU... b/c ... I have no idea. Also it'd be interesting to know the answer to the other question about the last class time too.

About 30-35 minutes from Blacksburg to Roanoke

About 2 hr. +/- minutes from Roanoke to Harrisonburg

About 1 hr +/- from Harrisonburg to Charlottesville

About 2 hr. 10 +/- min from Roanoke to Charlottesville

Great question; is that how it went? Does anyone recall how far her apt is from her parents home? Someone had found that info for me a few days ago and IIRC they said it's a bout a 35 mins drive; but Im not sure that Im remembering it right. Was Amy at the apt? Not disputing you, just following the line of questioning and the only reason I ask is b/c IIRC Amy has a sister at JMU; but that doesn't mean she was already there at JMU... b/c ... I have no idea. Also it'd be interesting to know the answer to the other question about the last class time too.
I think we need to find out MORE about what happened before the concert. The details are vague. What time and day did she get to parents house. What time did she leave? Where was her roommate? Why not drive the whole way?

Sorry for an additional post but I forgot to ask if anyone that Megan was associated with that night have any ties to New York?

I think we need to find out MORE about what happened before the concert. The details are vague. What time and day did she get to parents house. What time did she leave? Where was her roommate? Why not drive the whole way?

Pure speculation on my part - but perhaps MH was tired after shopping/trying on outfits drove the 2 hrs. and was tired - friend hadn't been driving and drove from JMU to JPJ - gave MH time to rest up

Or they partied a bit before leaving JMU & this other girl was the DD...

JMO

He appears to be the same person. I have not personally verified it.

I wondered if maybe DH was married before being married to GH and had AJH -who lived mainly with his mother. Or I guess it's possible he went to a boarding type school away from home?

I definitely agree he appears to be the same person. Now when MBLover mentions that DH might have been married before he married GH, I realize it's also possible that she was married before. But there are only two years between AJH and MDH!

I still think that maybe one or both of the children is/are adopted. Perhaps AJH was adopted and then, wth the stress of trying to conceive a child eliminated, the parents relaxed and Morgan came along naturally. This is not unusual!!!

Any thoughts?

I guess I've been saving up my questions/responses until Friday, it having been a busy week!

Pure speculation on my part - but perhaps MH was tired after shopping/trying on outfits drove the 2 hrs. and was tired - friend hadn't been driving and drove from JMU to JPJ - gave MH time to rest up

JMO

I think she would have been amped to get to the concert. I'm not sure she would have been mellow enough for rest. She may have had her friend be the designated driver or she may not have even been in the car at this point.

If I was trying to get away from my life, parents, pastor who lived with us, this is where I would ditch everything.

I think she would have been amped to get to the concert. I'm not sure she would have been mellow enough for rest. She may have had her friend be the designated driver or she may not have even been in the car at this point.

If I was trying to get away from my life, parents, pastor who lived with us, this is where I would ditch everything.

Morgan didn't live at home, she shared an off campus apartment with her girlfriend, and was miles from her parents and the pastor.
No need to run from something she wasn't even around most of the time.

JMO

Morgan didn't live at home, she shared an off campus apartment with her girlfriend, and was miles from her parents and the pastor.
No need to run from something she wasn't even around most of the time.

Just looking at the frequent contact with them. Maybe it was an expectation she didn't wish to fulfill anymore. Two very different lifestyles the brother in New York and the family. Such a contrast.

I am not good at things like this but does anyone think they could tell the size just by looking(long shot) at the jeans in the picture?
I see your point. We dont know what happened when and where. How hard was it raining that night? (And was she even in the rain?) Would she have made it to somewhere and someone gave her dry clothes? I've been to other colleges and got caught in the rain and someone loaned me dry clothes for example. Im not saying that it is her - not at all. Im saying we just dont know when where... anything really.

And the last sighting on the bridge could be iffy b/c that was, '"a person fitting her description" and we already know there was at least one person who fit her description at the venue that night in additio to her. Plus we didn't get the details of that sighting. Were they driving in the same dierection that Morgan was walking? If so, they probably got more of a look from the back. Were they driving in the opposite direction facing her, (but on the other side of the street? or on the same side?) And from one poster's bridge pic, it looked kind of dark (and foreboding) in the night... wearing black... How great a look (for absolute ID purposes) can someone get of a person - in passing like that? IDK.

Morgan is the spitting image of her mother and I think Alex, her brother looks like her too.

:bedtime:

good nite - oh i do hope there will be good news by the time i get home from work tomorrow....happy sleuthing!

Just looking at the frequent contact with them. Maybe it was an expectation she didn't wish to fulfill anymore. Two very different lifestyles the brother in New York and the family. Such a contrast.

O/T - somewhat

I can identify with this in a way. My paternal Grandmother lived with my parents and me from the time I was born until I left home at 18.

My Grandma was very religious and the smothering type and she is basically the one who raised me as both of my parents worked. Grandma knew my every move - even if I was 10 miles away from her and there was no way she could have known anything. At times I felt like I had been "bugged" somehow.

It was what I considered to be a rough existance. I was not allowed to sleep over at other friends houses. I was not allowed to go off anywhere alone. At 16 & 17 years old I was the only kid who had to take their Grandma with them to the private swimming pool we belonged to and to high school football games. If I didn't do this - I couldn't go.

I also knew my things were being gone thru - and articles of clothing that were deemed to be unacceptable were burned...no joke...

Of course now I understand a lot of the reasons this was done - but her smothering me and my parents allowing it - didn't allow me to learn the pitfalls of life. I didn't get to learn how to make my own choices - I learned to live by others choices (whether they were right, wrong or indifferent).

At 18 I hooked up with the first person who would have me - big mistake. I made sure I was kicked out of the house by missing curfew by 20 minutes (which BTW was at 11:00 PM - mind you I was 18, had my own job, my own vehicle and was paying my way)...

I ran from that house and ran as fast as I could... So if MH was feeling anything like I was, I could perfectly understand her reasons for running if she did.

Where were they planning on sleeping after the concert? Morgan may have had a change of clothes with her / in the car if she was staying over somewhere.

Yes, but she's 20 not 18 and she's in college, in another city, living on her own sharing an apartment with a friend.
She did get out....to college.
Sorry, I don't see her running off when she had a lot of freedom already, and again, her parents seem more liberal in their religious beliefs and their way of life than conservative or rigid.
jmo

jmo,

"She drove from her school - VT (Blacksburg) - then to her parents home (Roanoke) - then to her friend's school - JMU (Harrisonburg) - then to the JPJ arena in Charlottesville"
I would want to go to my friends place I was going to a concert with. So this timeline of events doesn't sound odd to me.
her mom said she helped her pick out her outfit...short skirt,knee high boots...for a concert
metallica concert....
to me sounds like her parents do not think she sits at home reading the bible.

O/T - somewhat

I can identify with this in a way. My paternal Grandmother lived with my parents and me from the time I was born until I left home at 18.

My Grandma was very religious and the smothering type and she is basically the one who raised me as both of my parents worked. Grandma knew my every move - even if I was 10 miles away from her and there was no way she could have known anything. At times I felt like I had been "bugged" somehow.

It was what I considered to be a rough existance. I was not allowed to sleep over at other friends houses. I was not allowed to go off anywhere alone. At 16 & 17 years old I was the only kid who had to take their Grandma with them to the private swimming pool we belonged to and to high school football games. If I didn't do this - I couldn't go.

I also knew my things were being gone thru - and articles of clothing that were deemed to be unacceptable were burned...no joke...

Of course now I understand a lot of the reasons this was done - but her smothering me and my parents allowing it - didn't allow me to learn the pitfalls of life. I didn't get to learn how to make my own choices - I learned to live by others choices (whether they were right, wrong or indifferent).

At 18 I hooked up with the first person who would have me - big mistake. I made sure I was kicked out of the house by missing curfew by 20 minutes (which BTW was at 11:00 PM - mind you I was 18, had my own job, my own vehicle and was paying my way)...

I ran from that house and ran as fast as I could... So if MH was feeling anything like I was, I could perfectly understand her reasons for running if she did.
That was very personal; Thanks for sharing that.

Another poster used the word "expectations" and that made me wonder... IDK... not that her parents demanded anything in an overt way, but could she have felt micro-managed somehow? Even if she weren't and that wasn't the case, could she have FELT that she was? Im not saying at all that that's why she is missing. I do not think that. I only mention it b/c I wonder if that maybe were part of her mind-set, could that have led or contriibuted to the choices she made that night? I didn't say that well.

Anyone?

Thanks to all who responded to my question about the brother. I am still not 100% sure the NY guy is him. The brother is 22 y/o--the guy in NY looks more like 32 (alright, maybe more like 28). To me, at least. (Sorry, NY guy!)

My new concern is the body found in SC. Whoever had her, had her for almost 2 weeks. And if he kept her alive for most of that, I would imagine he had a change of clothes for her along the way. ... It's just that at her prayer vigil, everyone wore a purple T-shirt and held purple balloons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong