Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought and maybe way out there, so please don't laugh, but has anyone thought about her being taken and sold into the sex trade? She is a nice looking girl.

Just a thought and maybe way out there, so please don't laugh, but has anyone thought about her being taken and sold into the sex trade? She is a nice looking girl.

That is entirely possible - however, some statistics would classify as her being "too old"... Seems the sex trade likes 'em young and petite - more childlike...

I know what you mean... and yes, if this turns out to be a personal choice to drop off the face of the earth...then I would think it possible that everything just got to be too much for her...

That's the way it was for me

And yes, I think we have touched upon this subject once before - regarding the expectations - whether stated or unstated. Could have just been something that MH "knew"...that if she didn't toe the line in certain ways that certain things would be taken from her.

Her parents were obviously footing all of her bills - the rent & utilities (well at least 1/2 since I expect the roommate was paying her fair share), her clothing, her college tuition, food, entertainment, etc... So yeah, I'm sure she had certain expectations she had to live up to or forego certain aminities or be restricted in some other way.

She was overdrawn and going to sit down with dad on Sunday to go over finances, was this a new "problem" with money or was she a spender? If new spending habits, what was she buying?

She was overdrawn and going to sit down with dad on Sunday to go over finances, was this a new "problem" with money or was she a spender? If new spending habits, what was she buying?

I have heard reference made to the being overdrawn - but IMO I don't believe that Dad would let her go away for part of the weekend without any cash.

2nd - the only thing I've seen or heard reference to about going over was math stuff for a test at school on Monday.

I'm not sure I buy the "taking off" theory - but if she was planning to leave, she might have pulled as much cash as possible out of her account.

I have heard reference made to the being overdrawn - but IMO I don't believe that Dad would let her go away for part of the weekend without any cash.

2nd - the only thing I've seen or heard reference to about going over was math stuff for a test at school on Monday.

I agree that her dad wouldn't have let her travel without money...if he knew she was overdrawn, but did he know? Did she even know? She might not have realized she was overdrawn if she hadn't balanced her checkbook.

This is from: http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/category/crimejustice/

"The woman’s disappearance didn’t get reported to authorities until the next day when her father called police after she failed to show for a pre-arranged visit home to study math and balance her checkbook."

What confusion in this case ...

IF it was Morgan's car at the concert and she became locked out of the arena, she could have:
1. gone to her car, opened it with her keys, sat in it, turned on the heat, and waited for her friends to arrive at the car after the concert. OR
2. driven to a coffee shop/diner and returned in time for the concert's end.

IF it was Morgan's car, and she did not have possession of her keys (one of the friends had them?), then MH would have told her friend in their last cell-phone conversation to bring the keys to one of the entrance doors (friend stays inside; MH remains outside). Why would MH want to remain locked out of her car AND out of the arena? She wouldn't.

So the car could not have been hers; at least, that's my conclusion. Who gives up their car in 40-degree weather to wander about and make a bunch of phone calls to find a ride home? She owned a car!

And the fact is even if the car belonged to one of her friends, her friend could have offered the keys to Morgan so MH could sit inside it to stay warm. Either way (Morgan's car or the friend's car), why didn't her friend bring MH the keys on such a cold night?

This whole car story is messed up big time. In fact, this whole concert story is messed up. I'm still not even sure Morgan attended the concert at JPJ Arena.

Where is Morgan Harrington?

Agreed, I am not so sure Morgan ever made it to the arena with her friends.

Do we know if LE has gotten with her cell phone carrier to look at pings on her phone? I think it was said that her phone was found with her purse in the parking lot, that's not a certainty that she was there. This is just too bizarre.

Morgan is a beautiful young lady who stands out in these photos. She does not blend in with the others. Morgan is a person, people would remember. Someone knows something and someone saw something. I hope that the truth will come out and that Morgan will be found; hopefully safe.

cover-findmorgan-prom-325x216.jpg

cover-findmorgan-vacation-325x228.jpg

I don't think it has anything to do with her disappearance, but having a doctor dad and nurse (? right?) mom could have added pressure to her life even if they were the most carefree, liberal people. Good kids don't want to "let down" their parents, and I'd think even if only in the back of her head was the thought her parents have advanced degrees, she needs to get good grades and go to grad school too. Type of thing

Morgan did not take her car to the concert. Her father was asked that question the other day. Just checking in here. Hope shes found safe.

Just wanted to throw out there that I work for Carilion Clinic and Morgan's dad is a work acquaintance of mine. I don't know him personally, it's more of a my boss works with him on matters that are relevant to my job kind of thing. Anyway, I just wanted to say that he is more of an administrator than a practicing psychiatrist. I am not sure if he sees patients - he may do just a bit to keep in contact with that side of things, as is common with other physician administrators in our organization. But primarily he is an administrator - he is the VP for Academic Affairs, which means he is involved with residency training, our new medical school, and also research. He definitely is not seeing psychiatric patients 40+ hours per week.

Sorry for an additional post but I forgot to ask if anyone that Megan was associated with that night have any ties to New York?

I thought i read somwhere her brother lived in NY city and worked in the fashion industry?

One thing I haven't seen anyone post...according to people who know her and posted on her Facebook page Morgan has a high voice. They say that it is rather unusual and memorable.

Just wanted to throw out there that I work for Carilion Clinic and Morgan's dad is a work acquaintance of mine. I don't know him personally, it's more of a my boss works with him on matters that are relevant to my job kind of thing. Anyway, I just wanted to say that he is more of an administrator than a practicing psychiatrist. I am not sure if he sees patients - he may do just a bit to keep in contact with that side of things, as is common with other physician administrators in our organization. But primarily he is an administrator - he is the VP for Academic Affairs, which means he is involved with residency training, our new medical school, and also research. He definitely is not seeing psychiatric patients 40+ hours per week.
Welcome blueridgemama. Your first post!
peace.gif

Roanoke, VA., October 29, 2009 -- We sincerely thank the Virginia State Police Department, University of Virginia Police Department, members of Metallica, and the many people who have shown their support in this difficult time. We are doing everything in our power to bring Morgan home. We appreciate your prayers and ask that you continue to share any information you can with law enforcement so that we can find our daughter.

Please refer to www.FindMorgan.com as a resource for updates on Morgan’s investigation. Information can also be found on the Virginia State Police Department’s website at http://www.vsp.state.va.us/News/News_Releases.shtm. We encourage you to share your thoughts and questions with us directly at info@findmorgan.com. All media inquires may be directed to our new media hotline (202) 973-1330 for immediate assistance.

If you have any helpful information regarding our daughter’s whereabouts, please contact the Virginia State Police’s tip hotline at (434) 352-3467 or bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov.

We thank you again for your prayers and support.
http://www.findmorgan.com/

Roanoke, VA., October 29, 2009 -- We sincerely thank the Virginia State Police Department, University of Virginia Police Department, members of Metallica, and the many people who have shown their support in this difficult time. We are doing everything in our power to bring Morgan home. We appreciate your prayers and ask that you continue to share any information you can with law enforcement so that we can find our daughter.

Please refer to www.FindMorgan.com as a resource for updates on Morgan’s investigation. Information can also be found on the Virginia State Police Department’s website at http://www.vsp.state.va.us/News/News_Releases.shtm. We encourage you to share your thoughts and questions with us directly at info@findmorgan.com. All media inquires may be directed to our new media hotline (202) 973-1330 for immediate assistance.

If you have any helpful information regarding our daughter’s whereabouts, please contact the Virginia State Police’s tip hotline at (434) 352-3467 or bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov.

There is something just strange about her "friends", when my daughter was a senior in HS she called me in a panic one night @ 1am we live in central Missouri in a small town, there is a town of about 15,000 pop 10 miles from us where everone goes to shop, work ect. There is a State Univ there and most kids from the small towns around gather here to ride around, visit, party ect. Anyway she and 4 other friends(been friends since elementry school) were riding around, stopped at a stoplight flirting w boys in a PU truck next to them. Summer time windows down being kids. One of the girls jumped out of the car got in the truck with the boys yelled to my DD to meet in the grocery store parking lot in 10 min. Well the girls went there but no pickup truck with their friend. They waited a few and she called me and asked me what to do they were upset and a little scared at this point. I asked her if they knew the make, model ect of truck well of course not they thought it was blue...(kids) I told her to call 911 stay put and I would get up and be there ASAP. Just as we were hanging up here came the truck with boys and her friend in tow, laughing and having fun. My point these girls were very concerned and worried enough to call me for help. They were true, concerned friends there was no way they would have just left town without their friend & yes, I made them come home and gave them all a lecture but kids will be kids and do stupid things. Her friends make me nervous and wonder what is up. Sorry so long

There is something just strange about her "friends", when my daughter was a senior in HS she called me in a panic one night @ 1am we live in central Missouri in a small town, there is a town of about 15,000 pop 10 miles from us where everone goes to shop, work ect. There is a State Univ there and most kids from the small towns around gather here to ride around, visit, party ect. Anyway she and 4 other friends(been friends since elementry school) were riding around, stopped at a stoplight flirting w boys in a PU truck next to them. Summer time windows down being kids. One of the girls jumped out of the car got in the truck with the boys yelled to my DD to meet in the grocery store parking lot in 10 min. Well the girls went there but no pickup truck with their friend. They waited a few and she called me and asked me what to do they were upset and a little scared at this point. I asked her if they knew the make, model ect of truck well of course not they thought it was blue...(kids) I told her to call 911 stay put and I would get up and be there ASAP. Just as we were hanging up here came the truck with boys and her friend in tow, laughing and having fun. My point these girls were very concerned and worried enough to call me for help. They were true, concerned friends there was no way they would have just left town without their friend & yes, I made them come home and gave them all a lecture but kids will be kids and do stupid things. Her friends make me nervous and wonder what is up. Sorry so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member