Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by hoppyfrog, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

I read a lot about cell phones and pings during the Casey Anthony disclosures.

So I think either Morgan took the battery out because she didn't want to be pinged or somebody took it out for her. With all of us trying to figure it out it is confusing so somebody just removed the darn battery..thinking that ended it all.

By the way...how many times do you drop your cell phone? I have been "carrying" for many years and never have I dropped it. I know, I know "daddy said" but just saying.

I am still hunting and searching for pictures...there has to be some...somewhere.

2. Cardinal47

Well I went over to Pantera and looked around. I got a whole new education in the dark side. Wow is that what kids are wearing and advertising.

I just can't imagine Gil being able to even blink seeing one of those...

3. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I can see taking the phone battery out if the phone was going with Morgan. But it wasn't so what would be the purpose? Leaving the phone on the ground would have as much effect as taking the battery out. The only difference would be that it would be hard to locate the phone. Maybe someone didn't want what's on the phone found? But then why would they leave the phone where it would be found?

Do you like how I argue with myself? lol

4. krazykidz

krazykidz New Member

honeybun, i haven't dropped my cellphone either. in fact, i hadn't notice anyone drop one until my 3rd child got hers when she was 12. she's almost 14 now and i bet she's dropped her cellphone thousands of times. i am always hearing a thud and a whoops from other rooms in the house. oh, well, our 2nd kid used to drop herself all the time when she got tangled up in her own feet. thank goodness dancing helped her overcome that. sorry ot

5. Absolutely Addicted

Absolutely Addicted New Member

Re: dropping your cell phone. I think this is very individual - I drop mine at least once a week (seriously!). And no one knows how you would react if you were grabbed or pulled into a car.

6. lilacwine

lilacwine Member

I drop it a lot and my last phone was the type that the back came right off when I did!

respectfully snipped

7. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Below is a picture of a Sim card. They are about the size of a postage stamp. Alot of people don't realize they have one in their phone. I didn't until I called in to activate a new phone and was told to take the old sim card and insert it into the knew phone. The Sim card has the mobile company account info along with any personal info you save into it. But I believe this is not a default setting and you have to set your phone to do so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Au_ic_card.jpg

8. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Here is a picture of a sim card in a phone. It is in a upward position in the pic, to give you a better view. But they always lay flat. Mine actually has a littl cover over it and it's almost hidden from view.

ETA: here is the pic link, I keep forgetting links today, sorry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SIM_Card_Holder.jpg

9. Heroine

Heroine Here I come to save the day....

Maybe Morgan just recently obtained the smoking habit, smoking will also make you lose weight. Although I don't find it relevant as to why she lost weight. I lost 85 pounds once and I did it by eating healthy and exercising. I do however understand that other things could help explain why she went outside.
    Also I have drank 2 to 3 beers before and got sick and I wasn't anorexic and I thought at the time I had a pretty good tolerance to alcohol. So what I'm trying to say is there could be many factors that brought on her now being missing, it doesn't have to mean shes anorexic.
    At the rate this is going next someone will say maybe she was prostituting.
    Edited to say I'm not trying to sound rude and I'm sorry if I came off this way, it's just that the poor girl is missing and has been missing for sometime now. I just feel for her, she's somewhere being tormented in some way even is its only tormented by not being able to go home and all we can do is speculate on her body weight. It just sounds wrong to me I guess. Especially because now we've moved from her drinking (which is totally normal for her age and I don't see anything wrong with it) to she has an eating disorder.

10. Cardinal47

Heroine you are probably right. We have accused her of many things just from a picture taken God knows when or a word or two spoken here or there.

But our frustration is what is leading to our speculation.

It happens. We just need something to quiet us all down so we can...wait...patiently wait.

Anyway, thanks for the reality check.

11. Cardinal47

12. newshound6

newshound6 Active Member

Ya know, the more I think about it-it really is crazy that the "friends" left that arena site without MH or without reporting her missing.I was wild,had crazy friends ,did real dumb things in my youth and all that -but I really would not have left a friend to get home on their own unless I was ON my college campus within walking distance of the apt. or dorm OR UNLESS we all were TOTALLY WASTED and had nearly no clue about what was happening.

13. dreamweaver

dreamweaver New Member

14. lilacwine

lilacwine Member

I hope there are A LOT of incoming calls from her friends to her cell phone (surely LE has it by now) because if not - at the least - serious lapse in judgment.

15. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

24 girls missing in VA area? That's horrible and way too many.
    God sleuthing for that info.
    I thought the FBI was involved already. Not sure where I heard or assumed that. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.
    I really hope others do not give up in light of the Florida woman Quinn faking her kidnapping and Nicholas Francisco running away.
    I'd hope if she took off she'd tell her friends I am taking off please don't worry.

16. di anna

di anna Active Member

Thank you websleuths for your diligence and professionalism. I really thought that perhaps MH had gotten back into the concert and had a good time and that it was her in the video, instead someone else identified this as being that young lady. So... I think that she would not have been alone long. I think either
    a. She called someone she knew (or thought she knew) and they came and picked her up, she left willingly with them and her purse was tossed out a window minus a cell phone battery, because there plans did not include someone being able to trace her whereabouts.
    b. She was alone and a predator seized upon the opportunity to try and offer seemingly assistance.

I do not believe that she would walk a distance of a mile or so. First of all I believe her boots were spiked or at least heeled and they are not comfortable to walk any distance in comfortably. I would have ditched those suckers and walked in tights at least part of the way. I am a a older woman, still relatively decent looking and I have had men come on to me several x's in grocery store parking lots. Any decent looking woman on a dark and rainy night is not going to be left to her own means for very long.

17. part time prof

part time prof New Member

And just to contextualize this a bit, the video is during the 2nd warm up act, Lamb of God, and apparently the section MH's seats were in was not this close to the floor. However, there was mention that during opening acts security sometimes isn't as strict, it could be the mosh pit area, which presumably is more open, and she was mentioned as falling close to stage level (all unconfirmed).

So, if it is MH, it would establish that she was in fact inside the arena at some point. The poster of the picture, who also posted the video, even said it looked like the hug and kiss on the cheek MH gave before leaving happened toward the end of this clip, but I couldn't see that at all clearly.

18. secret_agent_mom

secret_agent_mom Inactive

I must be older than you. I did 400% magnification and can't see enough details. I think it looks like a Barbie doll...or maybe Lindsey Lohan...or Miley Cyrus...or some random blonde. <sigh> I think we are all grasping at straws...not that it is a bad thing to look and hope against hope that it is her...but I really don't think we can tell from this pic.

19. secret_agent_mom

secret_agent_mom Inactive

Has anyone heard of plans to search more than the three square miles that were searched last weekend? Is LE checking other areas - like Afton Mountain, for example? If not, does anyone know why only three square miles were searched? In other investigations I have seen the search area expanded at least weekly and daily in some cases. We are almost a month into this and only three square miles have officially been searched. I don't understand...

20. Chili Fries

Chili Fries Man Sleuth

They searched a 3 mile radius. That's more than 28 square miles. It's all of Charlottesville and a good bit of surrounding area not counting much of the private property of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.