Found Deceased VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tlcya, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ollibear

ollibear Member

I agree, unless it was to avenge some wrong that NK felt NL did to her boyfriend. In that instance, she may have sought the assistance of a second (and trusted) male friend.

That's an insightful way to describe what might very well be true. I had not thought of it in those terms until now, and it feels accurate.

It certainly seems to indicate premeditation and a desire to escape detection.

That's another thing that makes me question whether DE was the one talking to NL online. Perhaps NK was using DE's picture, but she was the one behind the computer.

I'm not even sure DE had ever met NL in person, before the night she was abducted.

I am a middle school teacher. In my experience, students who inflict self-harm often have undue pressure from parents (or even from self) to perform academically. Other reasons exist, too, but that added stress makes coping difficult for some young people, especially during the transition to adulthood. Is there any evidence that NK was coping with that kind of stress?

2. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

BBM...

Sorry... But I had to giggle...:giggle:

3. ollibear

ollibear Member

Yes, I agree. My theory only works if DE is simply the person who delivered NL to NK and left her dorm alone, as he asserts. If he had anything to do with the crime, beyond delivering NL to NK and loaning his car to NK, then my theory does not hold water.

4. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

BBM could NL been murdered in the tub/shower at NK dorm? Therefore bled out in tub? then the murderers wrapped her up maybe in a tote and put her in Lexus? Cleaning products, used at dorm? and Lexus? nothing needed at dump sight. Now in the dorm, middle of the night.......no one heard screams? odd noises? no one witnessed the odd transfer to the Lexus? How big is the dorm? private bath or bath in the hallway?

5. ollibear

ollibear Member

I had not thought about that, but it makes sense. How horrid to think of it happening in the college dorm, though.

Could NL have walked into the dorm of her own free will, but been rendered unconscious before the murder took place? Perhaps with some sort of drug?

6. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

LOL My Hubby is Danish and speaks it fluently he taught me 3 words he felt i need to know. I know i am not spelling the Danish version right but whatever. I love you ( I elska die) Diarrhea (Tinsky) Coffee (Caffa) I get by when relatives come over LOL Sorry to derail.

7. ykw

ykw Member

Consider this scenario

NK co-directed theater productions in high school (i.e., seeks out drama)
    NK has trouble adjusting to college, seeks psychotherapy
    NK discusses 'cutting' in middle school and high school, thoughts of suicide as well as being bullied
    DE starts tutoring NK in math, a friendship develops
    NK needs an emergency appendectomy, DE takes her to hospital
    NK becomes more enamored with DE
    Psychiatrist is helping NK work through her past issues to 'begin to love herself'
    NK creates online profile with DE's image, seeks out a middle schooler to confront her past
    NK catfishes NL, because NK is a 'mean girl' or is somehow trying to reconcile her teenage issues
    NK confides in DE that she is psychotherapy
    NK decides she needs to murder NL to 'kill' her past and 'begin to love herself'
    NK comes clean with DE about fake profile, explains that she created it as part of working through issues
    NK and DE discuss how to break it off with NL (NK is really plotting murder, DE sees it just as 'helping' his friend and being honest with NL)
    DE contacts NL to arrange a meeting using the profile NK made (Jan 24-27)
    NK accompanies DE to meet NL under the guise of 'coming clean'
    NK slashes NL's throat while DE is driving
    DE panics, agrees to hide NL's body

Fire away.

8. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

We will move over to thread #4 shortly. This thread will close in 10 minutes.

9. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

BBM all possibilities but IMO NL was not murdered in car..........hiding NL body was planned JMOO

10. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

IMO a deep forensic search of these 2 online will expose much. How many killers have we followed where folks where surprised and shocked? Wolves in sheep clothing. I could care less about her "mental issues" she was part of the planning and the disposal at this point. Not that the Defense wont use it. IMO.

11. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

Why does there have to be a motive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Historydetective63

Historydetective63 New Member

The Medical Examiner ruled Nicole's death the result of stabbing. Her throat was slashed. If she had died as the result of suffocation or an overdose of drugs the medical examiner would have been able to determine that. It looks like DE and NK planned and plotted the abduction and murder and carried it out as planned. The reason they both are saying they weren't there when Nicole died or was killed is because they don't want to be convicted of premeditated murder. I really doubt anyone else was involved. There is no evidence at this point that anyone other than DE and NK were invloved in this crime.

13. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I agree. Often there isn't one or one that makes sense. I guess we seek to understand the mind of a Sociopath which IMO thus far is the case.

14. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.