VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
VT I don't think they're that worried by alcohol.. More worried right now with psychedelics and molly, designer drugs.

VT party life is a big deal.

Absolutely. Nicole was already marginalized. She's 'less alive' to them, so it follows she would be 'less dead'.

Lions out on the plains don't pick the biggest and strongest zebra to go after. They target the weaker looking ones. Human predators are the same.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

A mere "thanks" click of the mouse didn't seem sufficient here.

I firmly believe that discussing the types of behaviors that tend to attract violent predators is of great importance. I often reference the book, "The Gift of Fear," because not only do I think everyone on this planet should read it, but also because it's full of information about how to avoid becoming a victim. The author talks a great deal about the importance of deviating from social rules, if necessary, because criminals depend on their victim going along with them (by not causing a scene, or being too polite, or refusing to decline favors, or a desire to avoid embarrassment or attention, etc.) But, the minute a potential victim deviates from the expected, criminals usually decide the victim isn't worth the risk of being caught, and go look for someone who will be more compliant or easier to manipulate.

It is about time to move on over to thread #5. This one will close in ten minutes.

whether or not VT allows drinking in the dorms or how strictly enforced rules against alcohol may or may not be enforced is a moot point since there is no evidence or suggestion that alcohol plays any role in this case.

Absolutely great advice. "The Gift of Fear" is a must-read for everyone. I've read it twice and I constantly use it as a reference.

Currently reading "Dangerous Instincts. How Gut Feelings Betray Us." written by an FBI profiler.

You can never be too learned on the behaviors of predators as you stated.

Every now and then I also visit PUA websites. Pickup Artists. They basically train younger guys to be alpha males and get what they want from women. You can learn their tricks so you know it when it happens. It's important for young women to know the signals of predators and people who want to take advantage of them.

[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

A mere "thanks" click of the mouse didn't seem sufficient here.

I firmly believe that discussing the types of behaviors that tend to attract violent predators is of great importance. I often reference the book, "The Gift of Fear," because not only do I think everyone on this planet should read it, but also because it's full of information about how to avoid becoming a victim. The author talks a great deal about the importance of deviating from social rules, if necessary, because criminals depend on their victim going along with them (by not causing a scene, or being too polite, or refusing to decline favors, or a desire to avoid embarrassment or attention, etc.) But, the minute a potential victim deviates from the expected, criminals usually decide the victim isn't worth the risk of being caught, and go look for someone who will be more compliant or easier to manipulate.

Winter semester is 11 days long?
There could be intersessions, programs or classes scheduled between normal semesters.

On the other hand, 11 day semesters would sure be efficient. Could get your BA in a little under 5 months. [emoji6]

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Well that was a bit longer than 10 minutes but real life intervenes sometimes.

Pleas move on over to the new thread located HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member