GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
:scared: My girls were amazed and in awe of their brother's never ending tactics. Believe me when I say these are only a few that came to mind while I was posting...

Spot on Anna! I have 3 girls and 1 boy who is 5 and he is much different than the girls. He sounds just like your son, fearless is the word that stands out. In the face of danger my son would probably go into Ninja Turtle mode while the girls would hide lol

I think this is more about personality than genitals. My two boys are as different as night and day & 2 of my nieces make the rowdiest of boys look like a walk in the part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my Mom would agree with you. I was quite the daredevil myself! I'm afraid he inherited his traits from me, to hear Mom talk!

Is it possible another child was involved? as in another very young child. Maybe it was a dare gone wrong - a hide and seek game with horrible consequences and the child, intially scared that they would be held responsible, kept it to themselves. Maybe this is why they had such a detailed tip off without an arrest or maybe the child's mother found Noah's Pokemon cards in the child's room and questioned them further. I don't know why but I have a feeling if another person was involved, it was a child (as in 5, 6 or 7 years old) it would explain the privacy etc. I just truly believe that if LE suspected an adult, family or otherwise, they would have moved in regardless of the funeral/memorial. Noah deserves justice above all.

My heart goes out to Noah's family and the devastated community he has left behind. R.I.P little guy.

There was a good amount of speculation about that here at WS earlier on. In the earliest reports that Noah was missing, there were some that included a possible sighting of Noah being with another white male child. That piece of information fell off the reports within a day or so and was never addressed. We don't know if it was erroneous, a mistaken sighting, etc.

Were it true, it would lend itself to an accident and a scared child waiting to tell their own parent what happened until too late. It would fit with how guarded the Sheriff has been and the hard, credible tip could have come from a parent whose child finally confessed. But other than those very earliest reports of another white male child, we have absolutely no other evidence of it, no reports, nothing to support it. It has been my personal pocket theory but I am reluctant to post guesses.

I have two boys and two girls...my boys are now 16 and 12 and my girls are 5 and 6. I find my girls are much more independent than my boys were at that age - less reliant on mummy! :) I also found that any scrapes my boys got into were usually because they didn't think before acting, or it was something really daft. The girls seem to be a little more 'lets formulate a plan'....a little slyer almost lol. Of course, these subtle differences could be nothing to do with gender and more to do with the fact I had my boys first and when I was younger too. Maybe I am a little wiser and I definitely have more experience now, obviously.

WSLS ‏@wsls 19m19 minutes ago
Now on WSLS: expecting more about #NoahThomas death,

Possibly something coming out today about his death? I hope so. JMO

did the news say anything new?

I just caught the end on WSLS but I heard the reporter say COD is still unknown.

I have three children. Two girls and then a boy. Do not ever let people tell you raising a boy is no different than girls. While my girls were happy doing Mommy things, dolls, doll houses, playhouses, dressing up pretty, actually using a swing set for swinging and a sliding board for sliding, my boy was quite the adventurer. From the time he was eight months old when he learned to climb out of his crib bed and learning to walk at nine months, he was a climber. Mommy spent the next twelve years on her toes. I never knew what to expect next. Trying to climb the tallest tree, finding a way to the top. The top was where he wanted to be. I remember things like him walking the top of fence rails, climbing on top of outbuildings, the barn loft, the top of the swing set, climbing the sliding board backwards instead of sliding down it. One time, while I was feeding, I looked around to find him riding on my most unruly nanny goat. Adventurous, daring, fearless! Are boys like that? Yes they are. I'm sure I'm the survivor of many mild heart attacks. I'm pleased to say he has grown into a fine young man, by the grace of God! A struggle? No. Challenging? Definitely.

Could little Noah have been an adventurous little boy like that?
I would guess highly possible. I didn't know him, just going from my own experience with raising a little boy.

It doesn't sound like it:

His mother, who called police at 11am after searching for her child, said that the boy was a cautious child and had no history of running away.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mother-decided-hour-sleep.html#ixzz3W9q5DlKq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

COD is still unknown or unreleased?

I think it would depend on the age of the child. I know plenty of children that would run to get their parent. But a young one possible not understanding the situation.

I have been thinking about the mom and napping. I never napped when my kids where young, 2 1/2 year and a newborn. But I know moms that lay down with their babies trying to get them to fall asleep. And I wonder if that was the case, she fell asleep and without Noah waking her she just didn't wake up.

Napping and not supervising my kids is not on my list. Life will not always be short of sleep, up all nights, and zombie breakfast making. Won't last forever. I'll have plenty of time for sleep when they are off to college. But I don't judge other moms because everyday is a different day.

I hope today the community will have some answers.

OT I live on a road with a train trestle where huge trailer trucks can't go through. Well I just witness my 5th truck this year. Last year alone I saw 2. I feel bad for them, they have to back up a half mile, and on to a major road.

COD is still unknown or unreleased?

Unknown is what I heard. It was on channel 10 to go which is WSLS weather station. They do news updates every few minutes or so.

I was just thinking about the smell. Wouldn't there have been some lingering smell the morning of the search?

I do think there are differences between the average boy and the average girl, but that's not a hard and fast rule. I posted earlier in this case about my lock picking, impulsive, oppositional, no-sense-of-danger 5 year old girl. She um, gets it from the women in her family. ;)

On the same channel, WSLS 2 Go, reporter just said still hoping for an update today. It is still a death investigation. No arrests have been made.

I was just thinking about the smell. Wouldn't there have been some lingering smell the morning of the search?

Do you mean the smell of decay? Wouldn't the smell of waste in the septic tank mask the smell of decay? That's just a guess on my part. I hope someone with more knowledge or experience chimes in.

You know, and let me just say my heart goes out to you, those life experiences and that kind of sensitivity, and moreover that kind of empathy, is what makes people like you valuable in looking at cases like this one and having a mind that can see many sides objectively. It is a gift. It is hard to see sorrowful experiences as a gift, but I think that it is not what hardens you, but what softens you to be open to the needs and the feelings of others.

Bless you.

You are that person too Steleheart.:heart:

I don't think anyone can really grasp the deep feeling of pain and despair a parent feels when they lose a child unless they have walked in the same shoes no parent ever wants to walk in.

I have seen it come very close to destroying my first cousin and with her the pain is never ending. Her life story of loss is incomprehensible. First, when her only daughter was 30 years old she was killed in a traffic accident by a drunk driver. It took years of therapy for her to even want to live life again. No sooner than she had returned to some type of normalcy her granddaughter (her deceased daughter's daughter) at the age of 15 was also in a traffic accident and killed by another drunk driver. When her daughter died, she and her husband were raising Laci's two young daughters. So she is once again knocked for a loop and spiraled down in to deep depression.

But it doesn't end there.:( The oldest granddaughter is 23 now and she had a little girl 18 months ago. Such a beautiful blonde blue eyed baby girl. Two weeks ago the baby was staying down at the other great-grandparents home. She was much loved by all of the families. The great grandmother was outside doing yardwork and she looked up and didn't see the toddler anywhere. Immediately they began to look for her and she was found face down in a little goldfish pond they had made just for her because she loved to look at the 'pish' as she called them. She could not be revived.:(

So that is three tragedies. She has two older sons. Laci was their youngest child and they also have other grandchildren by their sons. She has total support from her family and this is what finally pulled her out of it last time.

But I just don't know how much one human being can take when there is so much sadness and loss in someone's life. We are now very worried, even moreso... than the other times. And my cousin is a wonderful caring, and loving parent, grandparent and great grandparent. Family is everything to her just like it is to me.

So for those who believes in prayer please think about this one family who is in much need of it at this time just like Noah's family.

Thank you.

I think it would depend on the age of the child. I know plenty of children that would run to get their parent. But a young one possible not understanding the situation.

I have been thinking about the mom and napping. I never napped when my kids where young, 2 1/2 year and a newborn. But I know moms that lay down with their babies trying to get them to fall asleep. And I wonder if that was the case, she fell asleep and without Noah waking her she just didn't wake up.

Napping and not supervising my kids is not on my list. Life will not always be short of sleep, up all nights, and zombie breakfast making. Won't last forever. I'll have plenty of time for sleep when they are off to college. But I don't judge other moms because everyday is a different day.

I hope today the community will have some answers.

OT I live on a road with a train trestle where huge trailer trucks can't go through. Well I just witness my 5th truck this year. Last year alone I saw 2. I feel bad for them, they have to back up a half mile, and on to a major road.

I was always afraid to nap when mine were little. I told myself 'this is just for a short time and then they'll be grown up'. When they go off to college, it's just a new and different kind of worrying.

Do you mean the smell of decay? Wouldn't the smell of waste in the septic tank mask the smell of decay? That's just a guess on my part. I hope someone with more knowledge or experience chimes in.

The day the septic was open and Noah ended up in there. The septic has a smell, and with it being open wouldn't one notice a smell around the house? I have a nose like a hound. Then it was open again, right, to peek in. But I mean right when mom starting searching for him. Wouldn't the septic smell linger?

I wondered about this, too.

The santitation worker who pumped the tank said he pumped the tank half way out and then saw Noah. So, if Noah was completley submerged, I think it would take longer for odor to build and travel. Septic tanks are nasty by virtue of their purpose. They are designed, however, to prevent gasses from traveling back up the pipes. (That sometimes fails, but they are designed at least to prevent it).

Here is an explanation of how the pipes are set up to prevent odors from rising.
http://www.rapidanplumbing.com/VA-Plumber/plumbing/3-common-causes-of-septic-tank-odor-in-the-home/

I hate discussing this aspect of the case but I can understand how relevant it might be. Basically, it takes more than 5 days for our own septage to break down, so I think it would take as long or longer for smells of decomposition to rise. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361