GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if my comment about being afraid to take a nap when my children were small was offensive in any way to anyone. It certainly wasn't meant to be judgmental toward anyone at all. It was just a true statement concerning my own circumstance and not directed at anyone. Everyone has different situations.

Can anyone recall a case where a confession was accompanied by a deal to not proceed with arrest until after the funeral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think even if there is a confession, they'll still wait for tox results before making an arrest.

Not sure if it qualifies as neglect, but the poster who knows about the family did say Noah was often outside alone. Jmo

I think even if there is a confession, they'll still wait for tox results before making an arrest.

Depends on cause of death, Imo. If Noah was dead before he was put into tank, why wait? Especially if they do know how he died. Tox results could add charges down the line. Jmo

I really hope that the "major" development, isn't just watch bait for that channel. It seems like there has been a lot of "update" tweets and such, and really it's just been rehashing what we do and don't know.

I apologize if my comment about being afraid to take a nap when my children were small was offensive in any way to anyone. It certainly wasn't meant to be judgmental toward anyone at all. It was just a true statement concerning my own circumstance and not directed at anyone. Everyone has different situations.

No, no. I didn't read it like that, at all. It was clear to me that you were just talking about your experience and fears. If someone took it that way I think they were projecting, because you were obviously talking about yourself. No worries.

For starters, child neglect charges must involve WILLFUL behaviors with negative intent or knowledge of illegality.

The arrests I've heard on the scanner and seen in the news where I live have been because they've went in the home, it was unsafe, or there's been prior incidents and CPS was called in by LE. Also if they're left alone in a car while the mother goes shopping LE is called and there's been charges.

I really hope that the "major" development, isn't just watch bait for that channel. It seems like there has been a lot of "update" tweets and such, and really it's just been rehashing what we do and don't know.

I agree. I think if there had been an arrest it would probably be 'breaking news'.

Here's hoping that a new day brings new info. At the rate we are going we are all going to be in t/o before the results are back and CoD is released if it doesn't happen soon, lol.

:D I think you might be right about that!

Now I'm wondering if LE being there yesterday were to watch people.

I agree. I would and have watched my neighbor's kids. But sometimes moms aren't good about asking for help. For example, Texas with her husband and two little boys. She came down with horrible case of the flu. She and her husband both have various Relations there and she knew her neighbors by that time quite well. But she did not ask for help and didn't tell anyone that she needed any. She became so overwrought exhausted from being sick and trying to care for two very active children while her husband worked that she had to be hospitalized for five days with pneumonia.

I would have flown out there to help her if she had only asked. She's got a ton of friends that would have. But she didn't.
Part of the problem could be what we have been discussing here for days...the ideal super mom/ super parent. There seems to be this unattainable degree of perfectionism of becoming a super mom/ super parent in our society that people appear to be driven to achieve. They don't ask for help as they are supposed to be able to do it all. The perception of asking for help is admitting failure as a super mom/ super parent. Why would they need help when they are told others go every day without it? Sleep or taking care of themselves? Not on the agenda for a super mom/ super parent. Keep going no matter what and if you end up in the hospital ill then you are considered weak. Yes. I can see the problem.

If there were arrests wouldn't the Sheriff do a live presser and not a conference call with media? Maybe it's just to say it's a criminal investigation now, instead of just death, and there's no other news to report on it.

If there were arrests wouldn't the Sheriff do a live presser and not a conference call with media?

I believe it is a press conference

@WDBJ7: Pulaski County sheriff expected to give an update on the #NoahThomas case at 4 p.m. We plan to live stream it. http://t.co/RuPqDMfnC2

Part of the problem could be what we have been discussing here for days...the ideal super mom/ super parent. There seems to be this unattainable degree of perfectionism of becoming a super mom/ super parent in our society that people appear to be driven to achieve. They don't ask for help as they are supposed to be able to do it all. The perception of asking for help is admitting failure as a super mom/ super parent. Why would they need help when they are told others go every day without it? Sleep or taking care of themselves? Not on the agenda for a super mom/ super parent. Keep going no matter what and if you end up in the hospital ill then you are considered weak. Yes. I can see the problem.

If you don't keep going then you are considered neglectful.

Possession of Heroin is illegal. There has been no mention of illegal substances in this case.

<modsnip>

But I wonder if someone supplied someone with prescription drugs they obtained legally, and that person OD'd, if the same culpability would apply.

There was a white pvc pipe sticking out of the yard near the septic tank in Noah's yard. I thought it was a vent pipe? I have no real experience with septic tank systems and I was surprised to read about the small animals being able to clog the pipe.

How large was the pipe SS? I didn't see that. That wasn't the submergible well pvc pipe was it?

There is capped pvc pipe where you can take off the cap and look inside to see if it the pipe clogged going to the tank. Also some do try to use a tool (its called a snake) to root out the obstruction if there is one between the house and the tank. That cap isn't usually very big and may be around two inches. Ours sets very close to the septic tank and connects underground to the inside pipes that connects into the septic system.

How large was the pipe SS? I didn't see that. That wasn't the submergible well pvc pipe was it?

There is capped pvc pipe where you can take off the cap and look inside to see if it the pipe clogged going to the tank. Also some do try to use a tool (its called a snake) to root out the obstruction if there is one between the house and the tank. That cap isn't usually very big and may be around two inches. Ours sets very close to the septic tank and connects underground to the inside pipes that bleeds off out into the septic system.

I think that might've been what that white pipe was for, a photo of a white pipe sticking out of the ground was posted here from the news media. It was bigger, I'll see if I can find the photo.

Now I'm wondering if LE being there yesterday were to watch people.
I honestly believe they were there for Noah. They put their hearts and souls into searching for him for 5 long and definitely grueling days only to find him dead feet from his front door. The officers who attended his funeral were probably devastated. They were all just there to grieve.

This case isn't a huge "Who done it?" and LE isn't skulking about watching people, imo. They have most of their facts and probably had a good idea within hours of finding Noah of what happened. I don't think there was any need for surveillance of anyone at Noah's funeral.

There is capped pvc pipe where you can take off the cap and look inside to see if it the pipe clogged going to the tank. Also some do try to use a tool (its called a snake) to root out the obstruction if there is one between the house and the tank. That cap isn't usually very big and may be around two inches. Ours sets very close to the septic tank and connects underground to the inside pipes that connects into the septic system.

In the pics I've seen the pipe looked too small in diameter to be a clean out pipe. Also it was tall and I don't remember it being capped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member