GUILTY VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, autistic, brutally murdered, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST* #2

Agree with everyone..the sight of this woman just gets me enraged! I can't even look at that little boy's picture..it breaks my heart. I pray for everyone that ends up on that jury..I can't imagine the evidence they will have to see and hear. I could not do it..I would try to climb out of the jury box and get my hands on that evil and then end up in jail. She disgusts me :mad:

Reminder:

Tomlin, the mother of 2-year-old Noah, appeared in court for the first time since her preliminary hearing.

There are now six charges against Tomlin, second-degree murder, three counts of felony child neglect, unlawful disposal of a body and child abuse.

Her trial begins March 9 at the Hampton circuit courthouse.

Hampton judge sets trial date for Noah Tomlin's mother Julia

Julia Tomlin’s trial, which had been set to start Monday in Hampton Circuit Court, is on hold while a mental competency evaluation is conducted.

Althea Mease, a public defender representing Tomlin, said in a brief hearing Monday morning that for “a number of reasons” that they didn’t want to go to trial without a competency hearing. Prosecutors didn’t object.

A competency hearing is now scheduled 9 a.m. on May 20 in Hampton Circuit Court. A new date for the trial may be set then.

Trial for Julia Tomlin postponed for mental competency evaluation

Competency evaluation was never done? She knew what she was doing

Trial delayed, psych evaluation requested for Hampton mother charged in 2-year-old son’s death

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Defense attorneys have requested a psychological evaluation for the Hampton mother charged in the death of her toddler.

The judge will set a new trial date after the evaluation is performed on May 20 at 9 a.m.

n a January hearing, Hampton Commonwealth’s Anton Bell said he has around 30 witnesses who plan to testify at Tomlin’s trial. An autopsy revealed Noah died of multiple blunt force trauma injuries, and Bell says he believes the child was tortured.

Trial delayed, psych evaluation requested for Hampton mother charged in 2-year-old son’s death

Psych evaluation requested for Hampton mother charged in 2-year-old son's death

WAVY TV 10 (@WAVY_News) | Twitter

ICElkPjR

Last edited:
The defense is trying to drag it out until a lot of the witnesses drop off but I don't really see that happening in this case. It's a shame we can't send her to Russian prison.

Ha! good one. JT's mental health is getting worse, I wonder why. The May trial date may change, depending on the outcome of her competency test. I agree @alexwood it probably will be later in the year.

"Hampton Commonwealth’s Attorney Anton Bell said Tomlin’s defense attorney suggested she undergo a mental health examination since they felt her mental health was declining.

“And by law, she is entitled to an evaluation,” Bell said.

According to the case information, the request was made on Feb. 24, two weeks before her March 9 jury trial.

The trial has been rescheduled for May 20, but that can change.

“It’s always tentative,” Bell said. “You don’t know what’s going to the be in the report.”

Bell said if she’s competent, they can set the court date.

“These are routine mental competency evaluations,” he said. “It’s nothing fanfare about it.”

Julia Tomlin, the woman charged in her toddler’s death, is getting a mental competency evaluation. Her trial, postponed | Williamsburg Yorktown Daily

Ha! good one. JT's mental health is getting worse, I wonder why. The May trial date may change, depending on the outcome of her competency test. I agree @alexwood it probably will be later in the year.

"Hampton Commonwealth’s Attorney Anton Bell said Tomlin’s defense attorney suggested she undergo a mental health examination since they felt her mental health was declining.

“And by law, she is entitled to an evaluation,” Bell said.

According to the case information, the request was made on Feb. 24, two weeks before her March 9 jury trial.

The trial has been rescheduled for May 20, but that can change.

“It’s always tentative,” Bell said. “You don’t know what’s going to the be in the report.”

Bell said if she’s competent, they can set the court date.

“These are routine mental competency evaluations,” he said. “It’s nothing fanfare about it.”

Julia Tomlin, the woman charged in her toddler’s death, is getting a mental competency evaluation. Her trial, postponed | Williamsburg Yorktown Daily

What's going to be in the report is limited only by the ability of the subject to perform in a manner befitting a good actress. Bring on the Oscars. Somewhere, there is someone eager to make her story an Academy Award Winner.

Drugs -- the great leveler.

[I am done. Please delete, as necessary.]

What's going to be in the report is limited only by the ability of the subject to perform in a manner befitting a good actress. Bring on the Oscars. Somewhere, there is someone eager to make her story an Academy Award Winner.

Drugs -- the great leveler.

[I am done. Please delete, as necessary.]

There's no medication like self-medication.

She probably hasn't even had the mental health evaluation yet. I mean, it was only just ordered on Feb. 24, 2019, after all. Can't rush these things.
(Sarcasm dripping . . .)

In the meantime, along came Covid-19. The defense attorney probably sought a postponement of the psych evaluation due to fear that she may be exposed and catch her death.

Hey, I'm all for that. We want her alive and well to spend the rest of her life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back