Found Deceased VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! Moving the command center does not sound good!

My feelings have been IF mom’s story was true, little Noah had gone straight to the water.

Now, this brings up many questions, ones that are ugly and will be another mom / boyfriend over baby. JMO.

It's been a hot day and continues to be a warm night. Wherever Noah is, if he is alive, I hope he has been able to find some sort of water.

I know someone already said they suspended trash services in Hampton, but I also read from a local trashman that they have closed the Bethel Landfill to search.

There are a lot of parks in the area, and definitely some undefined areas that could be utilized for dumping a body. People don't usually stroll around so if there is an empty field, someone could go unnoticed if they're in it unless someone is specifically searching that area.

I am sad for Noah. Could be a rumor but I read he may have autism and did not walk well, so the likelihood of him walking away from his home is slim to none.

Going to sleep tonight thinking of this sweet baby.

I too am local to the area. From what I’ve read in local news and my background, I am skeptical of the parents. Things not adding up to me as far as timeline and the shutdown of the landfill. However, in the back of my mind I keep thinking about a recent missing persons case that has not been solved from Hampton - of a mother Keir Johnson and her infant daughter Chloe - who had said they were going to spend the day at Buckroe Beach, but were never seen from again. Their car was found abandoned in Newport News. Just odd 2 babies missing with a Buckroe Beach connection.

https://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-newport-news-hampton-missing-woman-baby-20171204-story.html

This will not be a happy ending for that sweet boy. I want so bad to believe he'll be found safe but I know its wishful thinking. I hope I'm wrong.

With previous child abuse charges, children removed from the home, the content of SM, and whats been reported so far I just can't conclude anything other than this poor boy is no longer alive.

The article I've read of the parents arrest in the burning of the 1 year old, the father of her child has the exact same name and age of a convicted sex offender who lives in Hampton.

And just because these cases of child abuse bother me to the core I'll also add in the improper use of a car seat to my list of why this poor child didn't stand a chance. In my opinion only.

I want to be wrong.

(My first post, hope I didn't break any rules!)
Good first post!
I'm just sorry the post had to be what it was -- sad and scary, and all-too-familiar to so many of us. We are all hoping this one turns out good for everyone, especially our little Noah, but it's not looking good right now.

Oh, and one more thing,

Welcome to Websleuths,
GoodKnight !!

Katie Collett‏Verified account @KatieCollettTV 2m2 minutes ago
The search for 2-year-old Noah Tomlin continues in Hampton this morning. He was last seen at 1am Monday wearing a green/white PJ shirt & a diaper. @KPattersonWAVY has live reports from the scene of the search on @WAVY_News 10 Today:
bbm
Kind of late asking this question, and I'm probably not the first to ask it -- We don't even know for sure if mom really last saw him at 1am, do we?? It could've been earlier... SMH

Is it unusual that the parents have been at the police station since yesterday?

The short answer is yes, it's unusual for LE to keep the parents for such a long time. Certainly they'll interview the parents and anyone else who was in the home but the longer the interview lasts the more concerning it gets.

I'm really pleased to see that LE has halted trash pickup. One of the first questions members here ask in cases like this is "When is trash pickup?" And in many cases that isn't addressed by LE until it becomes clear that foul play is involved.

LE seems to be on the ball; calling in the FBI and State Police immediately, halting trash pickup, roping off the area around the home all within 24 hours.

This case may turn out differently from the other sad ones we have followed, but I have a question/concern.
All types of LE personnel have been and are still knocking on doors, guiding drones, slogging through estuaries, wading in water, coordinating all of this, answering phones, making notes, investigating the parents and perhaps neighbors, out-of-towners are flying or driving to the site and sleeping nearby somewhere, all these people need to be fed, etc., etc. And SAR groups don't charge fees, but they do have traveling, meals and hotel expenses. Ultimately the taxpayers pay some of these expenses (local LE and state LE and FBI) -- about which I am not complaining, because it has to be done and it saves precious lives in some cases -- but what about false reporting of a lost child? These efforts cost the same amount of money for all these things. When it turns out to be a hoax, I guess the funds to finance this are paid the same way.
Does anyone know anything different WRT people lying about a disappearance, and bearing none of the expenses? Are they charged anything at all to help LE recoup its expenses? Could it be included in sentencing if they are convicted of falsely reporting a crime and possibly murder?
Just wondering...

NCMEC:

Noah Tomlin

NCMC1361696c1.jpg

Missing Since - Jun 24, 2019
Missing From - Hampton, VA
DOB - May 2, 2017
Age Now - 2 Sex - Male
Race - White
Hair Color - Blonde
Eye Color - Blue
Height - 2'0"
Weight - 25 lbs

Noah was last seen on June 24, 2019.

Have you seen this child? NOAH TOMLIN

Police say they have officers taking pictures at the landfill. Bethel Landfill employees say they close at 4pm everyday so regular operations are not being affected. #13newsNow

Robert Boyd 13News Now on Twitter

So technically police did not shut down the landfill but they do have a presence there. #13newsNow

We also spoke with a family friend of Noah’s parents. We’ll share her heartfelt thoughts are prayers coming up tonight at 11 on #13newsNow

The command center that had been set up near Atlantic Ave. where Noah Tomlin lives is being cleared out. Hampton Police say they will announce their new strategy regarding the search tomorrow morning. #13newsnow

NCMEC:

Noah Tomlin

NCMC1361696c1.jpg

Missing Since - Jun 24, 2019
Missing From - Hampton, VA
DOB - May 2, 2017
Age Now - 2 Sex - Male
Race - White
Hair Color - Blonde
Eye Color - Blue
Height - 2'0"
Weight - 25 lbs

Noah was last seen on June 24, 2019.

Have you seen this child? NOAH TOMLIN

So Noah is newly 2 years old. Not even 26 months old yet.

Let's hope that if older children were removed and felt secure, that they could speak freely. Feeling bad for LE here IMO.

There is a 7 year old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members