Found Deceased VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by accio, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

Thank you HayLouise for the article "Still No Sign of Missing Hampton 2 Year Old..." from WAVYTV. LE's quote "We cannot disclose a POI at this time" is IMO telling.

2. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

I saw the bloodhound on 13 NewsNow and the searcher shirt had K9 on it.

Alcina, cass523, lonetraveler and 7 others like this.
  3. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

cass523, Jim_M, borndem and 2 others like this.
  4. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

cass523, Amonet, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  5. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

cass523, Jim_M and borndem like this.
  6. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

cass523, Jim_M, MissMalowe and 3 others like this.
  7. helpfulcharlie

helpfulcharlie Well-Known Member

My SAR team is 100% volunteer and 100% self-supported. We get money from membership dues, individual and corporate donations. Zero taxpayer dollars. We volunteers take care of our own meals, unless an auxiliary or church group steps up during a big search and serves food, which happens. Hotels? Sometimes the group will cover, or work something out with a local hotel, depending on the situation. More often, we're sleeping in our uniforms in fire stations, armories or in our cars. If it's wilderness, we might have a place for a tent. We pay 100% for our own personal equipment, and the team pays for some expensive shared rescue and training equipment. I just wanted to paint that picture for you -- not all SAR groups cost taxpayer dollars, and all volunteer groups that I know of in the mid-Atlantic are structured this way.

And yes, I do take it personally when these resources are squandered because someone didn't tell the truth about how someone ended up missing. When dozens of SAR volunteers abandon their jobs, spend gas/food/lodging money and risk their lives to find a kid for several days, only to find that the parent disposed of the child, or something similar, yes, I take it personally. I know I'm not supposed to -- I volunteered for this, it's part of the reality of the service that we provide, but I do. And yes, I would support something in sentencing to repay those agencies and volunteers.

Has anyone ever run statistics on resolved cases here? I'd really like to see the percentage of cases where the responsible party is the one who reported the victim(s) missing, vs outsiders and unknown.

Sorry, rant over.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  8. helpfulcharlie

This case is such a mess. They all are. I feel like it could go in any direction. If mom had a habit of neglect and foul-ups, and something happened that resulted in a disposal, that wouldn't surprise me. If mom was just out cold and someone else took him, that wouldn't surprise me either. What WOULD surprise me is if he left his house on his own sometime between "bedtime" and "reporting time" and NOBODY saw him and reported it. That's just unlikely. Its summer by the beach, people are out and about. Based on the refocus, trash suspension and landfill discussion, it's looking more and more like disposal is the prevailing LE theory.

9. keyleigh

keyleigh Land down under

Based on all the information available to us I think we all know where this is going. Again.

Poor little boy.

libraryg, janewall, cass523 and 14 others like this.
  10. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

O/T - I just want to say you are much appreciated as a member of SAR, thank you for all the hard work you do/continue to do.

11. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

margarita25, cass523, borndem and 4 others like this.
  12. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Matt Jones‏ @jones_mattryan

It’s the third day of the search for 2-year-old Noah Tomlin. Police have moved their command post from Buckroe Beach, and there’s not much police activity at the mobile home park where he was last seen. Garbage trucks are picking up the week’s trash now.

[​IMG]

Matt Jones on Twitter

cass523, Amonet, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  13. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

cass523, borndem, grannygates and 5 others like this.
  14. ludakristen

ludakristen Well-Known Member

If the parents did something to him, I think there'd be evidence found by now -- no? Maybe he did wander off. Maybe something else did happen.

cass523, borndem, Amonet and 2 others like this.
  15. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Member

What a great comment, I totally agree!

Whenever these kids go missing i always give the benefit of the doubt to the parents...for the first 48 hours or so. After that its just (in my mind only) not plausible that someone somewhere would see an unsupervised child.

I always want to believe that a parent couldn't do this but I just can't logic anything other than they are searching for a body.

I can agree with the going to bed at 1am, kids that age aren't always the best sleepers. But I can't understand how she didn't check on him until after 11. With other kids in the house no way one of the others wasn't up before that time...especially the 6 month old who surely would of been up for a feeding between 1am-11:30.

She would of been more believable to me had she stated she went to check on Noah early a.m after feeding the infant and noticed then that he was missing.

16. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Thank you for your volunteer service and dedication!!!!

I live in the mid Atlantic region, we could not survive without volunteer Rescue,Fire,SAR,Drive Teams, sorry for the ones I missed.

The folks that serve give time, money, do fun raisers, pay for their own training and certifications. I praise and admire all that give of themselves to volunteer!!!!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  17. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

That’s 10 hours, surely the infant had needs during this period and would have cried out.

18. helpfulcharlie

Maybe. But also, it takes time to develop a POI, collect phone pings, etc.

cass523, MsGazette, borndem and 7 others like this.
  19. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Alcina, cass523, borndem and 5 others like this.
  20. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Member

100%. I have two toddlers with the exact same age difference as the two youngest children in that home. In a span of OVER 10 hours there is never a moment where one of them doesn't need something.