Found Deceased VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This poor baby was last seen (if we believe the timeline his mother gave) nearly 48 hours ago. A 2-year old can't possibly survive on his own without food, water, and shelter for much longer. Sadly, I am losing what little hope I had. :(

Where are you Noah?

I read that she was arrested for poor living conditions?
I don’t think she’s been arrested at all...someone mistook her going to the police dept for questioning as being arrested. However, I believe the poor living conditions are the reason they were able to remove the other children from the home.

This (the dual approach) generally means they don't know exactly what happened yet. Maybe they want the LE big guns to lean on the mom, hoping she reveals more info, but they don't want to not be searching at the same time, hence VDEM. VDEM is in charge of SAR in VA.

Imagine if they spend hours leaning on the mom assuming it's a disposal case, only to find out that he wandered to the water and drowned. Or the reverse, spend all the resources doing SAR, risking volunteer lives in some cases, only to find out it was a disposal (Aliayah Lunsford). The dual approach tends to speed things along toward their inevitable resolution.

If the rumor mill holds any sway about the conditions of the house and of Noah himself, I'm starting to lean toward disposal. I hope I'm wrong.

Everything I've read confirms your timeline. Last known in bed 1am, reported 11:30ish -- although some locals reported cops showing up at 10 something. Perhaps the 11:30 time marks the start of VDEM's involvement.
Except in cases where it's clear the child wandered off or was abducted my understanding is that LE will conduct a dual investigation as a standard procedure. At least that's what I've learned from other cases.

And yeah, like you say it's a smart investigative technique. And no, it's not looking good right now. :(

My thoughts go out to the searchers.
Hampton VA Police on Twitter

I actually live in this city.

There was a shooting two nights ago at Buckroe Beach with 4 victims- two being children. No one died, fortunately. The area is being built up but there are parts of it that are still sketchy.
Thanks for the local touch, accio! It's always nice to have someone who is familiar with the area on a thread we're following.
I took a Google Maps "ride" down Atlantic, and I did see some areas that didn't look like they had been kept up too well. It could be that a block of land in that area was recently purchased and apartments were built on it, and they do look much newer. Both areas are part of the 100 block.
Let's hope for the best here, and one more thing,

Welcome to Websleuths,
accio !!

I don’t think she’s been arrested at all...someone mistook her going to the police dept for questioning as being arrested. However, I believe the poor living conditions are the reason they were able to remove the other children from the home.

I hope they have been removed and stay removed. We don't need more victims here.

No call for video surveillance from neighbors or businesses?

Yes, there have been requests for anyone having security or video surveillance (ring doorbell was also specifically mentioned), to contact HPD immediately.

I am sorry not to provide a link. I know it was in one of the early search updates by HPD- just can't find which one.

I took a break during/after the Watts case and little Noah has brought me back to WS.

As usual, I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I'm still hoping for a miracle like with little Charlee Campbell. Her case looked so bleak and she showed up safe - fingers crossed for the same outcome with little Noah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth