Found Deceased VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too awful to think about for any length of time, but they may not recovered enough or in a condition to announce COD. It appears that Noah was identified by DNA testing. :(

The DNA testing established that the boy’s remains were found July 3 at the Hampton NASA Steam Plant, Hampton Police spokesman Reggis Williams said Saturday

DNA shows remains found at Virginia trash incinerator are those of missing toddler

It's too awful to think about for any length of time, but they may not recovered enough or in a condition to announce COD. It appears that Noah was identified by DNA testing. :(

The DNA testing established that the boy’s remains were found July 3 at the Hampton NASA Steam Plant, Hampton Police spokesman Reggis Williams said Saturday

DNA shows remains found at Virginia trash incinerator are those of missing toddler

Yes, but they knew it was him before the DNA.

So something indicated that to them. I doubt they would go on just the clothes and we know they don't have a confession... so I think we presumed he was still identifiable.

The reason for DNA we thought, was because a toddler doesn't have fingerprints, dental records or other methods of identification. So they did a visual ID and then confirmed with DNA.

I could be wrong but that is my understanding right now.

I'm also skeptical that a COD will be found. If (please excuse) his skull and/or body has severe bone injuries, that should be obvious, so a M.E. should be able to make a judgement, but bruises or strangulation marks -- who knoze? And his little body was in a place where deterioration would be fairly quick, seems to me. M.E.'s have seen a lot, however, so maybe something solid on COD is possible.
Maybe LE/DA could scare the suspect into a confession -- LE doesn't have to tell the truth when interrogating a suspect...
This sweet little guy deserves justice, and so do the People of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Yes, but they knew it was him before the DNA.

So something indicated that to them. I doubt they would go on just the clothes and we know they don't have a confession... so I think we presumed he was still identifiable.

The reason for DNA we thought, was because a toddler doesn't have fingerprints, dental records or other methods of identification. So they did a visual ID and then confirmed with DNA.

I could be wrong but that is my understanding right now.

I didn't know toddlers don't have fingerprints!

RIP, little Noah.

RIP, little Noah.
Apparently they do, according to the article below -- but the likelihood that little Noah would have a set of fingerprints in a file somewhere for comparison is probably nil. Would his body still have reliable fingerprints now, after however many days -- I have no idea, but I'd guess no. JMO.

Our fingerprints are totally unique, not even identical twins share the same fingerprints! How they form is very interesting and you are spot on, fingerprints develop in the embryo before a baby is born. A person's fingerprints are formed when they are a tiny developing baby in their mother's womb. Pressure on the fingers from the baby touching, and their surroundings create what are called "friction ridges", the faint lines you see on your fingers and toes. These ridges are completely formed by the time a fetus is 6 months old, that's 3 months before the baby is born!

The following website is a fantastic resource on how fingerprints develop and also how they are used to identify criminals:
[...]
more on fingerprints
UCSB Science Line

RIP, little Noah.
They have fingerprints. I think the commenter meant that there’s no fingerprints on file anywhere to compare to, and it’s likely he has not been to a dentist and gotten an x ray or anything to have dental records they can compare to.

Niko Clemmons 13News Now‏Verified account @13nikoclemmons 6h6 hours ago
Full story: Three weeks after Noah Tomlin was reported missing we’re hearing from his grandparents & sister. Saturday the medical examiner’s office confirmed the remains found earlier this month are those of the toddler. #13NewsNow

Noah Tomlin's grandparents: 'I wish we had more time with him; an innocent life was taken too soon.'

Unfortunately, their time spent with 2-year-old Noah was incredibly short because of family conflict. They only met him once, just a few days before his mother Julia reported him missing.

“It was good, it was good to get to know him,” Noah’s sister Leanna Jones said.

Noah's grandfather Vincent Jones said it seemed Julia was back on track. The family planned to go see Noah again.

“I was shocked and didn't want to believe she did anything wrong, but the more we were looking at it, the more I knew she was involved,” Jones said. “An innocent life was taken so soon.”

Now it seems we can discuss the possibility of someone else’s involvement...

Police: 2 men saw Noah Tomlin before disappearance, death

"According to court documents, investigators believed the man might have removed data from his cellphones, and that he may have had another phone that he didn’t willingly provide to police. An undercover officer watched the man at work and saw him with a large, black smartphone. The officer took a picture of the phone and showed it to a forensic examiner with the FBI who said that it didn’t appear to be one of the phones that the man had willingly given to police."

I have great faith that anyone involved in this woman's life, especially one providing "financial support," isn't going to be bright enough to hide his activities for long. Y'all ready? I'll set up the popcorn.

"According to court documents, investigators believed the man might have removed data from his cellphones, and that he may have had another phone that he didn’t willingly provide to police. An undercover officer watched the man at work and saw him with a large, black smartphone. The officer took a picture of the phone and showed it to a forensic examiner with the FBI who said that it didn’t appear to be one of the phones that the man had willingly given to police."

I have great faith that anyone involved in this woman's life, especially one providing "financial support," isn't going to be bright enough to hide his activities for long. Y'all ready? I'll set up the popcorn.
I’ll second that

bbm
ITA -- Just smash the phone with your feet and throw it in the trash or in a river, etc. "Uhhh, I dunno where that phone is -- I left it in my car and now I can't find it."
Erasing this and that could be complicated and take time -- these people, please pardon, are not Mensa material. SMH

I'll bring the butter!

"Justin Jones, 37, the father of the three children in Cindy Jones’ custody, is in Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail. He has been accused of violating his probation."

I found out JJ was arrested June 28th, the same date as JT's arrest. Arrested in Hampton, but is currently in VA Peninsula Regional Jail.

Can we discuss him since he was in the article below?

Memorial tree for Noah Tomlin catches fire

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members