VA: Over 100 people charged in "Manhunt" game.

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by TexasRanger, Aug 13, 2013.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

http://wtvr.com/2013/08/12/prince-george-trespassing-manhunt-game/?hpt=ju_bn4

I have a feeling they are between the ages of 15 and 30, predominatly male.

2. Loading...

3. wallflower67

wallflower67 Member

They don't give a lot of details about the incident or the game. I'm assuming the tresspassing is because the park was closed at that hour.

4. wallflower67

wallflower67 Member

They don't give a lot of details about the incident or the game. I'm assuming the tresspassing is because the park was closed at that hour.

5. killarney rose

killarney rose Well-Known Member

That was the game of choice for my two oldest when they were teens. We live in the country and the field and woods behind our house was their playing grounds. Theyd camp in the back yard and play all night. Always had a crowd of boys playing.

6. EmmaliLucia

EmmaliLucia New Member

Did they hurt someone or something?

I don't get why the cops are freaking out over this, I played this game before (It'd be fun to play it again) but we call it prison break over on the west coast.

Again, don't they have better things to do?

7. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

I hope they don't all cook up turning themselves in at one time.

8. Kaliste

Kaliste New Member

Can anyone explain what this game entails?

9. seguek9

seguek9 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper

It's kinda like a combo of tag and hide and seek...there's so many variations though! It's not at all violent or scary or evil LOL...how weird that the police are spending so much time and energy over this...oh we'll. at least these kids were out in the fresh air getting some exercise :D

10. milkymama

milkymama Member

I live in this area. This park, as do most city/county parks in the area, closes at dark. The group (both genders, ages 15-25 or so) met at a local store (Food Lion I think) prior to heading to the park for the game. An officer approached and asked why were so many people gathered there. Someone told the officer of the plans. Since it is considered trespassing to be in the park after dark, the officer told them not to go...the park was closed. They went anyway and trouble ensued. Manhunt is basically a cross between tag and hide and seek in the dark. There are a few different variations, one of which is known as "flashlight" and involves - surprise...a flashlight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_(urban_game)

11. Kaliste

Kaliste New Member

Thank you!! I was imagining Guns or something. :/

12. killarney rose

killarney rose Well-Known Member

DS 2. Had some friends who were so into it they wore camo and disguised themselves with tree branches even dug holes and hid......

13. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

I wonder if all parks there are off limits after dark or just this one? The hunt sounds fun.

14. EmmaliLucia

EmmaliLucia New Member

Most are closed after dark, but you'd be hard pressed to find an officer who actually cares if you're out there (As long as you're being quiet and not committing crimes)

15. Peliman

Peliman New Member

I can think of allot of worse things young people could be doing in the name of fun. Maybe the next time they'll play in the street or city hall.

Now if they're drinking or vandalizing then it's a problem, I didn't see that in the story.

No harm = no foul.