VA VA - Patricia Moore, 10, murdered, Clifton, 10 Oct 1970

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by astridxx, Jun 26, 2017.

1. astridxx

astridxx Well-Known Member

Very little information about this case online. I'm trying to FOIA request it.

1970.10.10 - Patricia Ann Moore.png

2. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

Is there an age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tssiemer

Never mind. I'm blind.

4. Tssiemer

5. astridxx

Yeah unfortunately it's basically the same info available on the slide I posted a pic of. I think there may be a shot of the road she was found off of, but that's it :(

6. astridxx

Okay FOIA has yielded nothing (i.e. They won't give me anything).

7. CountEveryMoment

CountEveryMoment Member

8. Patricia Ann Moore's last name didn't become Moore until her mom Judith Ann Middleton(Moffatt at the time) married James Alton Moore on July 11th 1966. Her last name was Moffatt up until then and her biological father was Albert Richardson Moffatt.

Albert Richardson Moffatt and Judith Ann Middleton married Aug 21st 1958 and Divorced March 24th 1966

Albert Richardson Moffatt committed suicide on August 17th 1991.

I'll attach the research Ive gathered.

Attached Files:

StarrChance likes this.
  9. StarrChance

StarrChance Well-Known Member

Welcome to Websleuths! Thankyou for the links. Do you have a personal connection to this case? Do you have any theories on who abucted her?

Betty P likes this.
  10. I do. She would of been my second cousin. Because I was born after her death I never met her or her mother or father. I do remember my grandma talking about how devestating her disappearance was to her brother, Patricia’s biological father. Generally in cases like these is is someone you know I think if I were investigators I would be looking at the father the step father, a neighbor? It would of had to have been someone who had a car for her body to have been found that far away. This is one reason I’ve come here I’m stumped but I can’t help but to keep searching for answers.

Betty P likes this.
  11. Another thing I found to be strange is I found a death certificate to another child of James Alton Moore with the exact same name Patricia Ann Moore but this happened in 1958. It could be a completely different James Alton Moore. It could be a crazy coincidence, I just thought it was odd when I found it. (Also the death wasn't suspicious in this case)

Attached Files:

12. Trying to find more information on this case.

Any tips?

Patricia Ann Moore, age 10, went missing on July 5th 1970, when she was walking 0.4 miles from 7359 Clifton Rd, Clifton, Va to 7408 Maple Branch Rd, Clifton, VA, her friend Alice Goetz house.
    Her remains were found at Rippon Lodge in Woodbridge, VA on October 10th 1970.

Patricia Ann Moore's last name didn't become Moore until her mom Judith Ann Middleton(Moffatt at the time) married James Alton Moore on July 11th 1966. Her last name was Moffatt up until then and her biological father was Albert Richardson Moffatt.
    Albert Richardson Moffatt and Judith Ann Middleton married Aug 21st 1958 and Divorced March 24th 1966

Albert Richardson Moffatt committed suicide on August 17th 1991.

Another thing I found to be strange is I found a death certificate to another child of James Alton Moore (Step-Father) with the exact same name Patricia Ann Moore but this happened in 1958. It could be a completely different James Alton Moore. It could be a crazy coincidence, I just thought it was odd when I found it. (Also the death wasn't suspicious in this case)

I'll attach the research Ive gathered.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2018
    lydacole62 and ayanna like this.

Attached Files:

ayanna likes this.
  14. Found some more articles while searching, even though Albert Richardson Moffatt is the Biological father there are no articles where he is listed.

Attached Files:

15. WV_DoeNetwork_AD

WV_DoeNetwork_AD New Member

Tried FOIA request as well, was denied

16. Sneaker33

Sneaker33 Well-Known Member

17. meade

meade Member