VA VA - Ralph Leon Jackson, Blue Ridge Parkway Shooter, 4 May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are details of a case where the mother of a deceased infant has been identified:

A message seeking comment was left at a phone listing for Roche on Tuesday.

Cossette said new DNA testing on samples from the blankets identified distant relatives of Roche and eventually led detectives to question her at her home on Jan. 2, the 32nd anniversary of the infant being found. Officials said she acknowledged she was the baby’s mother and was remorseful.

“Miss Roche indicated that she had been waiting 32 years for the day in which police would be knocking on her door,” Cossette said.

Police: Mother of infant who froze in 1988 won't be charged - 660 NEWS

Another report about the dead infant case mentioned in the above post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...police-knocked-her-door-she-had-been-waiting/

Here is a report about the use of investigative genetic genealogy in Utah:

https://www.abc4.com/news/justice-files-legislation-would-restrict-dna-usage

Dr Barbara Rae-Venter who used investigative genetic genealogy to identify the suspect currently being held in the Golden State Killer case also worked to identify a possible suspect in a Utah serial rape case:

Then in 2017, investigators turned to genetic genealogy consultant Dr. Barbara Rae-Venter for help.

Rae-Venter also assisted authorities in California in identifying the so-called Golden State Killer, Joseph James DeAngelo, 73, who is accused of killing more than a dozen people and committing more than 50 rapes throughout California in the 1970s and ’80s, according to Bennett. He was arrested in 2018.

Genealogy, DNA helped identify Utahn suspected in multiple sex assaults

Here is another report about investigative genetic genealogy and I will say again if people are interested and if it matters it has in my opinion been used to wrongly accuse a number of innocent people of crimes they did not commit including with Joseph DeAngelo in the Golden State Killer case where the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. As we head towards another court appearance it is worth saying again that this has had a very negative effect on Mr DeAngelo's health and he is of course an old age pensioner. I think it is unjust that the wrong people should suffer for another mans crimes. Of course again my opinion Ralph Leon Jackson did not care less about any of his victims and enjoyed the terror and suffering he instilled in them including all of his male victims:

Emerging field of ‘forensic genealogy’ links DNA testing and family histories to solve cold cases – East Bay Times

Here is another report about investigative genetic genealogy and I will say again if people are interested and if it matters it has in my opinion been used to wrongly accuse a number of innocent people of crimes they did not commit including with Joseph DeAngelo in the Golden State Killer case where the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. As we head towards another court appearance it is worth saying again that this has had a very negative effect on Mr DeAngelo's health and he is of course an old age pensioner. I think it is unjust that the wrong people should suffer for another mans crimes. Of course again my opinion Ralph Leon Jackson did not care less about any of his victims and enjoyed the terror and suffering he instilled in them including all of his male victims:

Emerging field of ‘forensic genealogy’ links DNA testing and family histories to solve cold cases – East Bay Times

Here is another report about investigative genetic genealogy. Of course GEDMATCH has recently been sold. Again in my opinion peoples DNA profiles at the site have been used through flawed investigative genetic genealogy 'science' to wrongly accuse innocent people of crimes they did not commit including in the first case it was used the Golden State Killer case:

Golden State Killer

In May, after considerable media and law enforcement attention, GEDmatch changed its policies so users have to “opt in” to allow their information to be viewed by investigators.

Forensic genetic genealogy had emerged as a law enforcement tool about a year earlier in 2018 when authorities announced an arrest in a 40-year-old cold case in northern California.

Detectives identified Joseph James DeAngelo, a former police officer in his 70s as the Golden State Killer by uploading his DNA into GEDmatch, finding his distant relatives and working backward through their family trees to find him.

Since then about 60 violent crimes around the country have been solved using GEDmatch, according to CEO Brett Williams of Verogen, a for-profit company that bought the site late last year. He said the database includes about 1.3 million users. He didn’t respond to questions about how many users have chosen to allow law enforcement to access their information.

Clues hidden in a family tree

Here is a report in this New Mexico rape case where investigative genetic genealogy was used to identify a potential offender the first time it has been used in this state according to the reports:

The DA announced the arrest of 23-year-old Angel Gurule who was just 19-years-old at the time of the attack. Authorities say investigators used new techniques to trace the DNA left on the victim to a genealogy website used by Gurule’s distant family members.

DNA, genealogy used to make first arrest of its kind in New Mexico – KRQE News 13 – Geo Gen

Here is another report about the arrest in a New Mexico rape case where investigative genetic genealogy was used to identify the offender. It appears he has confessed. I do not know who committed all of these crimes and if there is a confession LE may have got this one right although I believe or know there have been many mistakes through the use of investigative genetic genealogy which is scientifically flawed and in my opinion produces erroneous DNA hits which are presented as fact by LE but are in reality non existent. It is my opinion a non existent DNA hit in the NorCal rapist case has just been erroneously presented as a quadrillion to one certainty. This is why I would like the confessions in all cases involving investigative genetic genealogy checked to see if they are sound in light of what I believe have been the mistakes made in some cases by LE and their investigative genetic genealogists. A case that I would like to see checked is the case of April Tinsley in light of what I have said about the many mistakes that in my opinion ParaBon Labs have made by their use of flawed investigative genetic genealogy their scientists do not understand:

“He wasn’t even aware there was a police report in this matter,” said Kyle Hartsock, the special agent in charge for the District Attorney’s Office. “He just hoped and wished and thought it had gone away. So it was a complete and utter surprise when we showed up at his door. … He was noticeably shocked.”

At a news conference, Hartsock said Gurule still lives less than a half-mile from where the attack occurred. When he was interviewed, Hartsock said, he confessed to the crime and showed investigators where it was committed, even referencing some of the phrases the victim had told detectives she had said.

Genealogy site helps investigators close cold case

Here appears to be the same article as above but with better access. Sorry to be the fly in the ointment as such but like Quincy M.E from the old television series I feel the right people such be accused and pay for crimes or else it is unjust and it is my opinion that Dr Barbara Rae-Venter misidentified an innocent man as the offender in the Golden State Killer case and the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson who although from Virginia served ten years in the military and in my opinion was stationed in California in the 1970s after serving in Vietnam and most likely at Mather Air Force base:

Emerging field of ‘forensic genealogy’ links DNA testing and family histories to solve cold cases – Monterey Herald

Here is another report about a case where investigative genetic genealogy was used to identify a possible suspect. As I have said on this thread in my opinion investigative genetic genealogy has another problem and that is it is flawed science and in some cases produces erroneous DNA hits there are presented as fact by LE but in reality they do not exist and are a product of this poor science:

A slew of arrests
In March of 2019, Brandy Jennings learned that investigators used the information she uploaded to the DNA database GEDmatch from her Ancestry.com account to arrest Burns, her second cousin once removed, according to court records.

“It teaches me to read what I agree to,” Jennings, of Vancouver, Washington, told the New York Times in April. She said she wished she had known how her information could be used.

“Any murder deserves to be solved,” she added.

Jennings, who could not be reached for comment by the Des Moines Register, is one of a growing number of people who have learned in recent years that their decision to learn more about their ancestry or family health has helped investigators locate a relative wanted in connection to a crime.

The most well-known of these examples is the April 2018 arrest of former police officer Joseph James DeAngelo for serial crimes committed by the notorious Golden State Killer, who went undetected for decades.

Get Access

Here is another report about a case where investigative genetic genealogy was used to identify a possible suspect. As I have said on this thread in my opinion investigative genetic genealogy has another problem and that is it is flawed science and in some cases produces erroneous DNA hits there are presented as fact by LE but in reality they do not exist and are a product of this poor science:

A slew of arrests
In March of 2019, Brandy Jennings learned that investigators used the information she uploaded to the DNA database GEDmatch from her Ancestry.com account to arrest Burns, her second cousin once removed, according to court records.

“It teaches me to read what I agree to,” Jennings, of Vancouver, Washington, told the New York Times in April. She said she wished she had known how her information could be used.

“Any murder deserves to be solved,” she added.

Jennings, who could not be reached for comment by the Des Moines Register, is one of a growing number of people who have learned in recent years that their decision to learn more about their ancestry or family health has helped investigators locate a relative wanted in connection to a crime.

The most well-known of these examples is the April 2018 arrest of former police officer Joseph James DeAngelo for serial crimes committed by the notorious Golden State Killer, who went undetected for decades.

Get Access

In my opinion the conviction of Mr Talbott in Washington State was a wrongful one based on this flawed science and has given a false sense of legitimacy to the 'science' behind what is termed in my opinion by people who do not understand the flaws in it investigative genetic genealogy:

William Earl Talbott II was charged with murder in the 1987 slaying of a Canadian couple in Washington after his DNA was linked to the crime scene. His was the first case involving the genetic-genealogy database as evidence to go to trial. A jury convicted him in June.

Get Access

Here is another report about investigative genetic genealogy:

Reasons to be concerned
The stumble towards using this technology is unsettling on several fronts. It seems to provide luck with a disconcerting role in punishment. Should the way our carers treated us when we were young, and the genetic constitution of relatives (perhaps even those who we have never met), really have a significant role in how we are evaluated and sentenced?

A second issue is privacy. When you contribute your DNA to a genetic genealogy database, are you happy with the thought that your contribution might be used in criminal proceedings against a relative to argue for an extra year to be added to their sentence?

Once the DNA data is submitted, courts, governments, and businesses for generations to come will be able to infer the genetic constitution of your relatives.

Cousin took a DNA test? Courts could use it to argue you are more likely to commit crimes

Reasons to be concerned
The stumble towards using this technology is unsettling on several fronts. It seems to provide luck with a disconcerting role in punishment. Should the way our carers treated us when we were young, and the genetic constitution of relatives (perhaps even those who we have never met), really have a significant role in how we are evaluated and sentenced?

A second issue is privacy. When you contribute your DNA to a genetic genealogy database, are you happy with the thought that your contribution might be used in criminal proceedings against a relative to argue for an extra year to be added to their sentence?

Once the DNA data is submitted, courts, governments, and businesses for generations to come will be able to infer the genetic constitution of your relatives.

Cousin took a DNA test? Courts could use it to argue you are more likely to commit crimes

As I have said it is my opinion that peoples DNA have been used by genealogists to wrongly accuse their relatives of crimes they did not commit through the use of investigative genetic genealogy which in my opinion is prone to mistakes because it is a 'flawed' science. These people are then again in my opinion being used by LE as 'genetic witnesses' with the risk other innocent people may be wrongly accused of crimes they did not commit.

This appears to be another case in Florida where investigative genetic genealogy appears to have been used to identify a man as an offender in a series of rapes. Again I say if anyone is interested there have been a number of mistakes and misidentifications in my opinion through the use of flawed investigative genetic genealogy 'science' and in my opinion this includes the Golden State Killer case where the actual offender in my view was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. It is also my view that the conviction of Mr Talbott is a wrongful one based on the same flawed investigative genetic genealogy 'science' and there is no legitimate DNA hit in this case either and the FBI are aware there are no legitimate DNA hits in the cases Mr DeAngelo and Mr Talbott are being held for as they are aware there are no legitimate DNA hits in many other cases where investigative genetic genealogy has been used to identify potential suspects. In my opinion the wrongful conviction of Mr Talbott has set a dangerous precedent and given the flawed science of investigative genetic genealogy a scientific legitimacy it did not deserve and on top on this when pleading not guilty Mr Talbott had the right to expect a fair trial with all the evidence to prove his innocence being available to his defence:

Koehler would have been in his early 20s during the sex-attack spree. FDLE lists him as a registered sex offender for a sexual battery conviction in 1991 in Palm Beach County. But the conviction was before Florida law required convicts to submit DNA.

Increasingly, do-it-yourself DNA tests, which are then submitted to companies like 23andMe and AncestryDNA — have led to breaks in decades-old cases.

Most famously, investigators identified the so-called Golden State Killer using DNA hits generated by sites such as Ancestry.com, which allows people to upload their DNA profiles in hopes of finding distant relatives or ancestors. Police used GEDMatch, a free site that allows police and the public to scour genetic profiles.

In Florida, last month, investigators announced they used genetic information from distant relatives to link Robert Brian Thomas, 61, to two savage rapes in Pinellas County. He is awaiting trial.

FL - "Pillowcase Rapist", 44 Victims, 1981-86, Miami to Deerfield Beach *Arrest*

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article239423768.html#storylink=cpy

Here is what I think is an older video about investigative genetic genealogy but it has been recently posted on You Tube. I say again in my opinion the investigative genetic genealogy used in the Golden State Killer case was poor science or junk science and lead to an innocent man being wrongly accused of crimes he did not commit and since then there have been many mistakes through its use including many case that ParaBon Labs have worked:

If more agencies end up using this technique in the future, that might mean more press conferences like the one held Nov. 5 when investigators announced Katalinich's arrest in Baby Faith's homicide.

There might be more calls like the one Sheriff Spurlock got to make late last year when he let Pruszynski's sister know they had found Helene's suspected killer.

There could be more news interviews, like the one Moore's sisters gave about finally getting an answer after almost 40 years of questions in their sister's death.

Get Access

Here is a report about one of the latest cases where a potential offender has been identified through the use of investigative genetic genealogy this time in Georgia. As I have said in my opinion there was been many mistakes through the use of flawed investigative genetic genealogy science that has lead to many innocent people being wrongly arrested or implicated in crimes they did not commit:

Two investigators traveled to Arkansas last month and, with help from police there, executed a search warrant on 48-year-old Lorinzo Novoa Williams, collecting a DNA sample for comparison. Williams denied committing sexual assaults.

After returning to Georgia the next day, the investigators learned that the man had gone missing and turned up dead. The GBI expedited testing on the sample, and found that Williams’ DNA matched the genetic profile from the 1999 rape kits, the release says.

Georgia uses DNA sample and genealogy to solve 1999 rapes

Here is a report about one of the latest cases where a potential offender has been identified through the use of investigative genetic genealogy this time in Georgia. As I have said in my opinion there was been many mistakes through the use of flawed investigative genetic genealogy science that has lead to many innocent people being wrongly arrested or implicated in crimes they did not commit:

Two investigators traveled to Arkansas last month and, with help from police there, executed a search warrant on 48-year-old Lorinzo Novoa Williams, collecting a DNA sample for comparison. Williams denied committing sexual assaults.

After returning to Georgia the next day, the investigators learned that the man had gone missing and turned up dead. The GBI expedited testing on the sample, and found that Williams’ DNA matched the genetic profile from the 1999 rape kits, the release says.

Here is another report about the rape cases in Georgia where investigative genetic genealogy was used to identify a possible suspect in this case:

In December 2019, two investigators traveled to Arkansas, where Arkansas State Police assisted in executing a search warrant to collect a known sample of the man’s DNA for comparison. In an interview after the sample was collected, the suspect denied committing any sexual assaults.

As investigators returned to Cobb the following day, they learned from Arkansas investigators that the suspect had gone missing and was soon found dead from an apparent suicide.

The GBI’s Forensic Biology Section expedited testing of the DNA collected from the suspect, 48-year-old Lorinzo Novoa Williams, and it indeed matched the profile from the 1999 rape kits.

“I am incredibly proud, not only of my team in the DA’s Office, but everyone who helped get us here,” DA Joyette Holmes said. “Even if it takes 20 years, we refuse to give up.”

Genetic genealogy helps solve 1999 rape cases

Here is another report about the rape cases in Georgia where investigative genetic genealogy was used to identify a possible suspect in this case:

In December 2019, two investigators traveled to Arkansas, where Arkansas State Police assisted in executing a search warrant to collect a known sample of the man’s DNA for comparison. In an interview after the sample was collected, the suspect denied committing any sexual assaults.

As investigators returned to Cobb the following day, they learned from Arkansas investigators that the suspect had gone missing and was soon found dead from an apparent suicide.

The GBI’s Forensic Biology Section expedited testing of the DNA collected from the suspect, 48-year-old Lorinzo Novoa Williams, and it indeed matched the profile from the 1999 rape kits.

“I am incredibly proud, not only of my team in the DA’s Office, but everyone who helped get us here,” DA Joyette Holmes said. “Even if it takes 20 years, we refuse to give up.”

Genetic genealogy helps solve 1999 rape cases

If I am reading the reports correctly it appears the possible suspect in this case committed suicide after he was questioned about the cases. I originally thought he was dead already. Again I ask lawyers, concerned politicians, civil liberty groups and concerned individuals to look into this case for me in the context that I have mentioned that I believe LE and their genealogists have made many serious mistakes in other cases and these include misidentifying innocent men as the offenders in cases. In my opinion this includes the Golden State Killer case where I believe the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson who was the most prolific serial killer in US History and his identity has been known by the FBI since around May 2010. This in my opinion makes Joseph DeAngelo an innocent elderly man and he is due to appear in court again today and therefore I ask concerned groups to monitor his health in light of what I have said about my opinion that he is a wrongly arrested and incarcerated innocent man who has been held for well over a year for crimes he did not commit because of the mistakes of LE.

If I am reading the reports correctly it appears the possible suspect in this case committed suicide after he was questioned about the cases. I originally thought he was dead already. Again I ask lawyers, concerned politicians, civil liberty groups and concerned individuals to look into this case for me in the context that I have mentioned that I believe LE and their genealogists have made many serious mistakes in other cases and these include misidentifying innocent men as the offenders in cases. In my opinion this includes the Golden State Killer case where I believe the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson who was the most prolific serial killer in US History and his identity has been known by the FBI since around May 2010. This in my opinion makes Joseph DeAngelo an innocent elderly man and he is due to appear in court again today and therefore I ask concerned groups to monitor his health in light of what I have said about my opinion that he is a wrongly arrested and incarcerated innocent man who has been held for well over a year for crimes he did not commit because of the mistakes of LE.

Here is another report about the above Georgia case where investigative genetic genealogy was used to identify a possible offender:

Genetic genealogy helps solve three Cobb rape cold cases - Cobb County Courier

Here is another report about the above Georgia case where investigative genetic genealogy was used to identify a possible offender:

Genetic genealogy helps solve three Cobb rape cold cases - Cobb County Courier

Here is another report about the above case in Georgia where a potential suspect in a number of rape cases was identified but he committed suicide after being confronted by LE or at least that is how I read it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...4a303c-3c69-11ea-afe2-090eb37b60b1_story.html

One more report:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads