VA VA - Samantha Clarke, 19, Orange, 13 Sept 2010

What I don't understand is, why can they openly say RATs name because he's a POI, but the other 3 involved (Unknown male #1 that went home with her from the bar, Unknown male #2, whom SC turned her attention to, and Unknown male #2s girlfriend, who SC got into an altercation with the night before, or the day of SCs disappearance) I would think that is who they are referring to when they say "[FONT=&quot]focusing on the people who she was in contact with the weekend prior to her disappearance".

[/FONT]
Why aren't they releasing those names? I read an article that said something about Unknown male #2s mom said he didn't have a cell and she didn't know where he was, 6 years ago. That's a small area. Too many holes. Frustrating to say the least.

“The investigation is focused on the folks who she had recently become acquainted with,” police said. “There’s a new group of people who she had met the week before.”

One of the people in that group was then-45-year-old Randy Taylor. Through phone records, authorities are certain Randy was the last person known to have spoken with Samantha.

“Randy has been [a suspect] since day one, as with everyone in that group of people. Because they were the last ones to speak with her -- and other things I can’t go into,” police told Dateline.

Samantha’s mother told Dateline her daughter was not friends with Randy Taylor, but she does feel he’s responsible for her disappearance.

Virginia mother desperate for answers eight years after daughter vanishes

samantha_2_5a37af41f62001281d34bd13b34cd32d.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Samantha Clarke, 19, was last seen just after midnight on September 14, 2010 at her home in Orange, Virginia. She told her brother she was leaving, but didn’t say where she was going. Police say Samantha didn’t take any personal belongings with her. She has never been heard from since. Police say foul play is suspected in Samantha’s disappearance and a detective is actively working on her case.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Maybe not likely, BUT..
Just started a thread for a mp in Toronto who shares the same name.
They do not immediately look alike, one looks healthy and the other, perhaps less so..
except for one pic.
complete speculation, imo, standing by to remove post if totally off base, but have to give it a try ...
The subject of this thread..

The one from Toronto..

Toronto Police Service :: News Release #43550
WS thread..
CANADA - Amanda Clarke, 31, Toronto, 29 March 2019

I check on this case every now and then. RAT was a POI - probably even a suspect - of the Orange County Sheriff's Dept and at one point RAT found a tracking device on his vehicle. I don't remember if the sheriff's dept. admitted to putting it on his vehicle but that was the rumor and it was who RAT blamed for planting it.

In any event there wasn't any evidence that I heard of implicating RAT being directly involved in Samantha's disappearance. There was evidence in the disappearance of Alexis Murphy, though. He still claims to be innocent of Alexis' disappearance as well - while he sits in prison for the crime.

I can never figure why this case didn't get the publicity that Alexis Murphy's case got.

Maybe not likely, BUT..
Just started a thread for a mp in Toronto who shares the same name.
They do not immediately look alike, one looks healthy and the other, perhaps less so..
except for one pic.
complete speculation, imo, standing by to remove post if totally off base, but have to give it a try ...
The subject of this thread..

The one from Toronto..

Toronto Police Service :: News Release #43550
WS thread..
CANADA - Amanda Clarke, 31, Toronto, 29 March 2019
I think you have a viable question as to if these may be the same individual. While their ages are off by 3 years and their first names are different the similarities in their looks are striking imo.

I check on this case every now and then. RAT was a POI - probably even a suspect - of the Orange County Sheriff's Dept and at one point RAT found a tracking device on his vehicle. I don't remember if the sheriff's dept. admitted to putting it on his vehicle but that was the rumor and it was who RAT blamed for planting it.

In any event there wasn't any evidence that I heard of implicating RAT being directly involved in Samantha's disappearance. There was evidence in the disappearance of Alexis Murphy, though. He still claims to be innocent of Alexis' disappearance as well - while he sits in prison for the crime.

I can never figure why this case didn't get the publicity that Alexis Murphy's case got.

The ties to Charlottesville that Alexis' case had really upped the media factor I would think. Because the town had a pattern emerging. Orange was just far enough off the beaten path to get much attention. Disappearances in small towns in Va have not gotten a lot of media. Towns like Zion Crossroads and Orange are in the furthest reaches between the bigger towns. Richmond had a bad cluster of drownings, and disappearances. A lot of articles were written about them. It didn't get them solved, but they were getting more attention than the small town crimes occurring in the same time span.

And the story of Alexis Murphy. I'm a CPA and upon hearing that Alexis was an honor student and athlete wanting to major in accounting I knew we had a tremendous loss! The irony is that a white girl's case gets almost no publicity, but a black girl's does isn't an issue with me. What bothers me is that Randy Taylor wants a 20 year sentence in return for where Alexis is. The loss of Alexis and Samantha is tremendous!
Episode 10 - The Story of the Last Missing Girl — poking the underbelly of the old dominion

More than 10 years after Samantha Clarke went missing from her home in Orange County, investigators are reclassifying the case as an abduction and murder investigation.

Police investigating Virginia teen Samantha Clarke’s 2010 disappearance as a homicide | 8News
All I can say about this is, "Duh, ya think!!!" I really don't believe this news article as LE aggressively followed Randy Taylor from the beginning. They just couldn't get enough on him. And when they couldn't Alexis Murphy paid the price.

In my opinion, Samantha's remains are around them, in some wooded area, or water area, or even along the railway, just search for a wide range.

Samantha’s remains were not found. I don’t think they will be found unless Taylor leads them, as he did with Alexis.

Samantha’s remains were not found. I don’t think they will be found unless Taylor leads them, as he did with Alexis.
Did that Taylor lead LE to her body or was she found through searches without his 'help'? If he didn't, I would almost bet he put Samantha in that general area as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back