VA VA - Triangle, AsianMale, 252UMVA, 20-30, strangled, near Quantico, Sept'84

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by rats, May 9, 2018.

1. rats

rats Where is Justice for the Jane and John Does?

This case is NOT in NamUs.

Discovered on September 19, 1984 on ramp to I-95 from Route 619 near Quantico Marine Base, Prince William County, Virginia.
    Cause of death: Strangulation by ligature.
    Estimated date of death: Probably within 24 hours of discovery.
    Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 20's
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'3"; 100-120 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; black hair almost to collar.
    Blood type: A+
    Clothing: Tan, long sleeve dress shirt with thin white stripes, boys size 6, John Henry brand; boys size 12, Fruit-of-the-Loom briefs.Tattoos: Tattoos on fingers of left hand; middle finger "9"; ring finger "6"; little finger possible "1".
    Dentals: Available. Good quality dentistry.
    Fingerprints: Available

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/252umva.html

There was also a "cold case corner" focusing on him last year:

https://www.facebook.com/PWCPolice/posts/1442707259112036

I actually found out about this case through finding his death certificate on Ancestry.com, where it is publicly available. The only thing I found, really, was an extension of his age range (it says he is "approx. 30"), the fact that he was strangled via a ligature, and the fact that he was cremated. :(

Poor dude. It's so upsetting that theres other PWC Does in NamUs but this poor guy isn't.

2. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

There are really not very many Asian males reported missing in the 1980's.
    Here's the reconstruction sketch:

[​IMG]
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/252umva.html

With all due respect to the artist, this sketch could use an update. JMO.

3. rats

rats Where is Justice for the Jane and John Does?

I'm inclined to agree. You absolutely couldn't compare that to anything and be able to rule something out.

4. Nate_Bro

Nate_Bro Active Member

I decided to think a little differently and find people that werent listed as Asian, but that could be mistaken for Asian. These 2 were the only ones that stood out to me. Steven Delgado especially stood out to me, but he is listed as a few inches taller. Especially because he appears to be in some type of military attire (can someone tell me what it is?) and also the Doe was found near a Marines base. He was last heard from in Florida. I thought possibly he was hitching to the base, and was murdered right as he was being dropped off. Im guessing at that stage there was still a lot of anti vietnam war sentiment going around also could have played a part.
    The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attached Files:

Gardener1850 and CaseyLPC like this.
  5. Nate_Bro

Nate_Bro Active Member

I also wonder if the tattoos on his fingers were his birth date which would work too. 196- on the left 3 fingers, and an unnoticed or illegible number on the index finger. Especially if they were amateur school time tattoos.

6. ImL8t

ImL8t New Member

How heartbreaking about the cremation. Death certificate is uploaded.

I contacted NAMUS about a week ago and alerted them that he is not in their system. That prompted them to check on his case with the Virginia Medical Examiner. (He's not on their website either.)

See the posting on this John Doe on Reddit for several good theories about his tattoos: Quantico John Doe, Unsolved since 1984 : UnresolvedMysteries

Attached Files:

7. ImL8t

ImL8t New Member

Does anyone have suggestions for how to get an excellent quality, updated facial reconstruction completed for our Quantico John Doe? Because he was cremated, DNA testing is not an option so facial identification is probably our best bet going forward. His police report should have his autopsy photos.