VA VA- Unidentified 12-year-old abducted in Spotsylvania, 4 July 2013

Case Map - with only one point identified so far. But I'm a visual person and almost always make myself a map, so might as well share.

http://goo.gl/maps/x3JQj

http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2013/07/04/spotsy-investigating-possible-abduction/

" At a news briefing Thursday night, Pearce provided a more detailed description of the van. He said it was medium blue, with two doors opening on the rear. The door on the left had a tinted window; the right one did not. There was a primer spot on the right side and a decal was on the bottom left door.

The suspect was described as an Hispanic male, in his mid-20s or 30s, 5-foot-10 to 6-feet tall, and about 180 to 200 pounds. He was wearing a black tank top and black cargo painter’s pants that were dirty and stained.

Meanwhile the boy was described as “very, very slight,” 5-foot-2 with brown hair in a Justin Bieber-style haircut. He was wearing a red-and-white striped shirt and blue cargo pants.

The boy was seen riding the black bicycle with a flat tire earlier in the day, Pearce said. As the man was trying to grab the boy, Pearce said the boy was hanging on to the bike."

<snip>

" Police weren’t ruling out that the incident could also have been a parent trying to corral a child refusing to cooperate.

“It’s OK. We need to know that, as well,” Pearce said, hoping someone would provide more information."

much more at link

Very specific information. If it's a parent trying to corral their kid, why not just fess up. Even if the child is on the spectrum, call the police and let them know. There are FBI involved in this case; lots of man hours here. If it was an innocent thing, then let someone know for crying out loud.

If the kid was having a tantrum and was prone to self harm because of his being on the spectrum, I could totally see blowing stop signs (if you looked both ways), ESPECIALLY if you were alone with him. Sometimes the only thing that calms some spectrum kids down is getting back to a very familiar place with their security items and sensory deprivation.

I want you to be right. My brain assigns just as much probability to your scenario as any other. But my gut has a mind of it's own and it just feels icky about this.

I hope it's only icky about the ice cream I had earlier.

I'm beginning to think that Bondo causes people to become predators

It is Holleybrooke Drive, near the intersection of Smith Station Road.

Thank you very much, I had the intersection way off. I was going by a very early report that said it was the 10800 block. Much appreciated!

The reason I don't think it was a parent is because he grabbed the kid off of the bike and left it laying in the ditch. Also, the witness noticed that the attacker was Hispanic but said nothing about the boy being Hispanic. Lastly, whoever it was has got to know every cop in the state is looking for the van and once they find it all heck will come down on him in an effort to save the boy. Surely he would have the sense to come forward and admit it was his own child in order to avoid being hunted down, unless he really did kidnap, hurt or kill the boy.

Even if he was a parent, there is no excuse for treating a child so harshly. Decent civilized people control their anger and don't rough up their kids.

MOO

The reason I don't think it was a parent is because he grabbed the kid off of the bike and left it laying in the ditch. Also, the witness noticed that the attacker was Hispanic but said nothing about the boy being Hispanic. Lastly, whoever it was has got to know every cop in the state is looking for the van and once they find it all heck will come down on him in an effort to save the boy. Surely he would have the sense to come forward and admit it was his own child in order to avoid being hunted down, unless he really did kidnap, hurt or kill the boy.

Even if he was a parent, there is no excuse for treating a child so harshly. Decent civilized people control their anger and don't rough up their kids.

MOO

This is a good point...especially having a van if it was Dad he probably would have grabbed the bike and threw it in his van even if he was ticked off at his kid.

MOO

He did not grab the boy off the bike, he was walking and had stopped to look at the bike. According to the witness. Hold on, I'll bump a post.

This is a good point...especially having a van if it was Dad he probably would have grabbed the bike and threw it in his van even if he was ticked off at his kid.

Can anybody clarify about the bike? Earlier in the thread I had read that the witness said that the boy was not on the bike, but rather on foot, and seemed to have stopped and was looking at the bike in the grass. Then I read a possible sighting by a neighbor's babysitter of the boy ON a bike....

ETA. Thanks Knox! You answered my question!

A single witness said that a 12- or 13-year-old boy was walking down Hollybrooke Drive in the 10800 block, said spokesman Capt. Jeff Pearce, when a blue workvan pulled alongside him when he stopped next to a bike. A driver may have reached across the car and pulled the boy into the passenger&#8217;s side, Pearce said. The witness told police the boy was screaming and resisting.
http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsd...ble-abduction/
I had to read this again. The boy was not riding a bike, he was walking, and stopped to look at a bike that was laying on the ground.

0704abduct4.jpg

I also think it is significant to note that the neighborhood kids apparently don't know this boy. Where I live, the kids would have known who he is or at least where he lives or what grade he is in, even if they weren't particularly friends. Kids that age would recognize him from school or the bus. That makes me suspect that he might be new to the neighborhood or visiting from somewhere else.

Wonder if the parents are on vacation?

MOO

A neighbor told investigators she had seen the blue van in the area in the last couple of days. The witness says she called police after he saw a man force the boy inside the van and sped off, running stop signs to get away quickly.
Investigators on the scene found an abandoned gray BMX bicycle the boy was believed to be riding before the van approached him.
To add to the confusion bdawk.

So was the boy riding the bike, got off and was walking when the man grabbed him? Wonder if the van was following him, or maybe even bumped him?

He could have decided to run away from an angry and abusive father as well. With the amount of police officers en force tonight and all weekend I'll be really surprised if the van isnt found before morning.

I live in Richmond and for what its worth, you couldnt pay me to live in Spotsylvania...too much shady stuff goes on there.This isnt the first time a kid has been kidnapped by someone in a work van in Spotsylvania...some of you may remember Sofia Silva and Kati and Kristin Lisk who were abducted by Richard Mark Evonitz.That area seems to have more than its share of homicides and drug busts as well.

The same early article from perhaps 6 hours ago now that gave the faulty address of 10800 block is the same one that says he was looking at the bike. The most recent article from maybe an hour or so ago gives the more detailed description of the vehicle, driver, and boy, and that one gives the more detailed story as well, in which the boy was riding the bike with a flat tire.

http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2013/07/04/spotsy-investigating-possible-abduction/

" At a news briefing Thursday night, Pearce provided a more detailed description of the van. He said it was medium blue, with two doors opening on the rear. The door on the left had a tinted window; the right one did not. There was a primer spot on the right side and a decal was on the bottom left door.

The suspect was described as an Hispanic male, in his mid-20s or 30s, 5-foot-10 to 6-feet tall, and about 180 to 200 pounds. He was wearing a black tank top and black cargo painter’s pants that were dirty and stained.

Meanwhile the boy was described as “very, very slight,” 5-foot-2 with brown hair in a Justin Bieber-style haircut. He was wearing a red-and-white striped shirt and blue cargo pants.

The boy was seen riding the black bicycle with a flat tire earlier in the day, Pearce said. As the man was trying to grab the boy, Pearce said the boy was hanging on to the bike."

<snip>

" Police weren’t ruling out that the incident could also have been a parent trying to corral a child refusing to cooperate.

“It’s OK. We need to know that, as well,” Pearce said, hoping someone would provide more information."

much more at link

This article says this is from a more detailed report, but who knows?

Thanks TGIR, that's what I was referring to - the info given at the latest police briefing by LE is what I was going by rather than initial early info.

in the article where the witness is talking she said that the bike had 2 flat tires. and that the boy was riding it but very slow..in fact she goes on to say that the noise from the flat tires is what make her notice what was going on

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back