GUILTY VA - Vanessa Pham, 19, found murdered, Fairfax County, 27 June 2010

The comment on disfigurement is on this News page
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/fairfax/video-shows-pham-driving-10-mi.html

Just Ctrl + F and search "disfigurement" to read the entire comment. Interesting theory to say the least.

Edited to add:

New up to date timeline that may shed some light on the case. I guess it's safe to say it's now a fact she was just hired as a nanny and that's what her facebook update was referring to. Also, a driver noticed the vehicle driving 'erratically'.

* At about 3 p.m. June 27, a security video camera recorded Pham's white Toyota Scion entering the Fairfax Shopping Center. Pham then made a quick visit to a nail salon.
* At 3:09 p.m., she used her cell phone to update her status, saying she just got a job as a nanny.
* About 13 minutes later, her car left the shopping center after sitting for 40 seconds at the Gallows Road exit before turning right.
* Ten minutes later, a passing motorist noticed a car driving erratically.
* Police then found Pham dead behind the wheel.

Read more here.

The comment on disfigurement is on this News page
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/fairfax/video-shows-pham-driving-10-mi.html

Just Ctrl + F and search "disfigurement" to read the entire comment. Interesting theory to say the least.

Edited to add:

New up to date timeline that may shed some light on the case. I guess it's safe to say it's now a fact she was just hired as a nanny and that's what her facebook update was referring to. Also, a driver noticed the vehicle driving 'erratically'.

Read more here.

Hmm. Very interesting comment, thank you for the link. I think it's someone she knew and it could be a rejected boy or a jealous girl. I think she got in her car after getting her eyebrows waxed and was on her phone updating her FB account with the door unlocked. I think the person slipped into the passenger seat and was in the car as it left the parking lot.

I hope and pray something breaks in this case soon. From all I've read she was a lovely person.

Two things:

Fairfax is not that far from Leesburg. Considering that Vanessa was young, a minority, and we don't know the details of her stabbing, I think it is at least plausible that the Flint serial killer may be involved.

If someone lay in wait for Vanessa and either snuck into her car or snuck up on her, I wonder if authorities have reviewed video of the shopping center where the nail salon was to determine if someone is walking from the parking lot exterior and gets in a car and drives off, from 15 minutes to an hour after Vanessa is killed? They had to get to the mall to sneak up on her, so I wonder if they drove to the mall, left their car there, attacked Vanessa and had to walk back to retrieve their vehicle?

Either that, or they had an accomplice who might have picked them up at the point of attack.

Just bumping this to Keep Vanessa's case in everyone's minds. I can't believe that an horrific murder like this has disappeared from the newspapers after only two months. Can't believe I had to go back 5 pages of threads just to find Vanessa's thread.

I would be worried if I lived in the same area as this murder occurred, there just seems to be a lot of silence when there's a murderer running around in the community. I hope some news comes out soon, I'm sure LE are working hard to find the perp, but gee there seems to be plenty of unsolved murders in Virginia like Vanessa, Morgan harrington, Cassandra Morton, those couple of college kids that were shot last year - it just goes on and on.

Sorry this is just a post of frustration and I don't even live in the USA.

In March (I can find the actual date through email messages if needed), an older green (not manufacturer green, but aftermarket paint of some sort) SUV tried to get me to pull over on 29N in the same area and when I didn't, tried to run me off the road into a ditch. I have a smaller car and it wouldn't have been good.

I braked very hard, swerved around the SUV and then hit the gas, flooring it and praying a cop would pull me over. No cell service in that area on 29 and I have both nextel and at&t phones for emergencies. Absolutely NO license plates on the vehicle. I think it was one of the first generation chevy SUV's.

The officer and I lost connection about 10 times and we kept calling each other back. I was very impressed with how seriously they took it...only because I'm from Miami and that sort of thing has happened to me once before (live in VA, though). A relative made me call police, telling me it could be very important for them to know in case any other crimes have occurred (her son is in LE in VA). You'd think as a WS member I would have, but I just wanted to get home first. Glad I called now. Had never heard about the 29 stalker until a I got home - I just moved to VA last year. Family was shaken.

I gave them the best description I could...don't know if I should post it here.

This is eerily similar...although I wasn't in a parking lot. I will go over my bank statements for that day as well and see if I stopped anywhere on 29. Interesting.

(Another thing - I look a lot younger than I am. When I thought about that event the next day, I guessed the person must have assumed I was young and would have pulled over, assuming something was wrong with my car. He pointed at me/my car but I'm not sure why. I knew nothing was wrong, first off - I've been driving quite a long time...and secondly, I wouldn't pull over until my car wouldn't go any further in that situation.)

Hoping this helps in any way, although the police already know about it, I think the public should, too.

Edited to remove description of person driving the vehicle (i'm not sure if that would jeopardize their investigation)

Truthful Lies, Do you realize your description of the SUV that tried to pull you over is the same as the Flint serial slasher?!!!!! OMG HOW scary is that?

Thank goodness you kept your wits about you!
The following is all MOO....
I think we will learn that Elias Abuelazam had prior victims before his most recent escalation of mayhem for which he was arrested. We have been sleuthing him as a possible perp in the Omaha Double Murders forum. So far, he has connections to California, Texas, Florida, Virginia, and Michigan from what I have learned. I am not convinced that he targeted black males for any reason other than the convenience that Black males would be more likely to be walking alone late at night than a female of any race. I think this guy's sole motivation is cutting flesh, regardless of the color.

We also know that he used his SUV to entrap his victims and this fits with what we know thus far about Vanessa's murder and her car being down that ravine. Maybe we should rewatch the videos of Vannessa's car at the mall and look around for a green SUV.

Sorry this is such a long one but I wanted to add my :twocents:

Thanks for listening,

wm

MOO

Waltizing....I had no idea! I didn't follow that case...I mean, I saw it on the news, but only scanned articles. It was definitely not the same guy...definitely. This guy had aryan features...blond (and not from a bottle, if I were to guess). Wondering if he had a little partner in crime in that area....hm.

Anyway, I just wanted to report that I was again driving that route yesterday and couldn't believe that I saw a teenage/young adult male literally just sitting on the side of 29, texting!!! Well dressed, backpack, etc. I made a note of where I was by "saving vehicle location" on my GPS in case something happened to him =( He was just sitting on an embankment...looked like he was waiting for someone...and I didn't see any developments behind where he was, etc. Weird.

I know females are being targeted, but I just couldn't believe that it seems as though these communities are just so clueless....

The police should definitely look for that sort of SUV...I could definitely pick it out again, I believe. Anyhoo. Sorry it took me a while to respond.

P.S. - I'm taking a concealed class soon and will travel with protection from now on. So should others in the area, I think, depending on how they feel about guns. I would have never considered one before moving to this area...the fact is, it's just too rural and isolated in these parts of VA to think that the police could ever get somewhere in time to help you. JMO.

P.P.S. - I know this may not sound right, but I finally bought a car that should convey the "don't mess with me" instead of my old clunker that I didn't want to part with. It's horrible, but I figured a top-of-the-line luxury vehicle would deter most. (That is not the reason I bought it...I love gadgets and tech stuff, but something I thought about...I noticed that guys were more wary to approach me or speak to me in gas stations when I was alone driving one of our exotic cars...so I relented and let BF buy me a new car). I was also terrified of breaking down in my old vehicle in areas without help or cell service...and just being a sitting duck.

ETA: Was thinking about the disfigurement of V....could that have just been a fluke because she was attractive and maybe rejected the guy (if it was a male..as I believe it was)? :::shudders:::

Nothing new in the article, but good to know that her mom is still in touch with investigators.

http://www.wusa9.com/rss/local_article.aspx?storyid=108934

FALLS CHURCH, Va. (WUSA) -- Friday marks two months since 19-year-old Vanessa Pham was found in her crashed car with stab wounds to her body.

She was last seen at a nail salon in Fairfax Plaza shopping center off Gallows Road.

The family talked about the grim anniversary and how they've been dealing with the passing of their love one.

Tracy To is Vanessa Pham's cousin and says, "Not that you don't think about it every day, but when there's an anniversary all the emotions come streaming back."

19-year-old Vanessa Pham should have been heading back to school this week.

Her mother was suppose to be sending her daughter off to school as a sophomore this week at a prestigious Georgia fashion college, instead on Thursday, she's visiting her daughter's grave site.

Julie Pham says, "I pray for her before I sleep, I pray before I go to work. Coming here, I feel close to her."

Vanessa's mother visits her daughter's grave every day. It's Vietnamese custom to pray, bring flowers and food. She thinks about her daughter nearly every waking moment and hopes her daughter's killer is caught.

Detectives are stumped and say they have no new information as to who or why anyone would want to kill Vanessa and leave her stabbed to death in her crashed car.

Detectives come to visit Vanessa's mother on a regular basis just like they did on Thursday to remind the family even though phone calls and leads have stopped, they haven't given up.

Julie To says, "It feels like we are working on it together; they are doing everything they can."

Days after her death, detectives released video of her car leaving the shopping center 10 minutes before she was found dead in a wooded ditch less than a mile away.

In the days and weeks after, police would reach out in hopes of finding potential witnesses at the shopping center where she was last seen. They'd hand out fliers in multiple languages to generate leads.

But the murder of the James Madison High School graduate remains a mystery, leaving her family anguishing even longer with no answers to their loved ones death.

Police say they need the public in order to solve this case.

Fairfax County Police say while tips are few, fresh leads are coming from forensic evidence taken from inside the car. Analysis takes time, but may point to a suspect.

http://www.tbd.com/articles/2010/08...t-leads-coming-in-from-car-evidence-5607.html

FALLS CHURCH, Va. (WUSA) -- Exactly 100 days ago, Vanessa Pham's murdered body was found.

Police are searching for her killer but have come up empty so far.
Sunday, October 3rd, was an emotional one for family as they marked this grim anniversary.

It's an important and sad day in Buddhism and in other Asian cultures.

The spiritual rebirth ceremony serves as a heartbreaking reminder for Vanessa's family that 100 days after her death someone has gotten away with murder.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=114178&catid=188

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Detectives-Want-Access-to-Vanessa-Phams-E-Mail-Facebook-107003193.html

Updated 8:00 PM EST, Tue, Nov 9, 2010

Detectives have filed a search warrant request to gain access to Vanessa Pham's e-mail and Facebook accounts.

Investigators know Pham was on her cell phone moments before she died, and they want to see who she might have been in contact with, according to the affidavit.

Pham, 19, was found stabbed to death in her car along Route 50 in the Annandale, Va., area almost 5 months ago while she was home on break from college. She had just finished her freshman year at Savannah College of Art.

Anyone with information related to incident is asked to contact Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-8477.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-Vanessa-Phams-E-Mail-Facebook-107003193.html

Updated 8:00 PM EST, Tue, Nov 9, 2010

Detectives have filed a search warrant request to gain access to Vanessa Pham's e-mail and Facebook accounts.

Investigators know Pham was on her cell phone moments before she died, and they want to see who she might have been in contact with, according to the affidavit.

Pham, 19, was found stabbed to death in her car along Route 50 in the Annandale, Va., area almost 5 months ago while she was home on break from college. She had just finished her freshman year at Savannah College of Art.

Anyone with information related to incident is asked to contact Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-8477.

They're just doing this NOW? For crying out loud! Why wouldn't this have been done, like, the next day?

I too am totally baffled! I cannot believe this wasn't done immediately....What have they been doing and what is the hold-up?

I am so disapointed in VA. Really her facebook post all over the news should have reminded them about this detail.

It appears this incident, only a mile from where Vanessa was found, occurred in September? Was this suspect ever apprehended? :waitasec:

Hi Panthera!! I occasionally check for updates in Vanessa's case. I have googled several times and could never find if he was apprehended.

FAIRFAX, Va. - It's a murder case that's stumped investigators. Six months later they are no closer to finding Vanessa Pham's killer. The 19-year old was found stabbed to death in Fairfax, after her car crashed.

Monday friends and family came together in a special place that will forever honor Vanessa's memory.

"Some of us find it hard to go to the actual... gravesite," said Vanessa's friend, Min Kim. So instead, they now have a bench dedicated to Vanessa at the Vienna Town Green.

more here

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/vir...urder-of-vanessa-pham-remains-unsolved-122710

Soul, thanks for posting. That's definitely not the person who tried to get me to pull over, etc. I'm not sure which discussions but thought I'd add that. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soul, thanks for posting. That's definitely not the person who tried to get me to pull over, etc. I'm not sure which discussions but thought I'd add that. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think I would be able to say if it looked like the same guy. The hair is not the same, it was dark and I was looking though his right hand window,and it was 15 or so years ago.

I was just comparing the composit drawing done from witness sighting of the man that was pulling over cars. Arround the time Alicia showalter Reynolds was murdered.

I have hope one day her murder will be solved ,just like I pray Vanessa's will be.

I had forgotten that I had Google alerts set up for Vanessa Pham. I had hoped it was about an arrest, but it looks like another woman was almost assaulted in the same parking lot recently. The lady is ok but there is surveillance video and a sketch of the suspect. Hoping this leads to an arrest and possibly an answer to Vanessa's case:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/133921713.html?fullSite=y

Hopefully this link works, as I am posting from my phone. If not, just google Vanessa's name- lots of recent articles.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back