VA VA - Virginia Beach Serial Killer (3 part series)

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by shadowraiths, May 8, 2011.

1. shadowraiths

shadowraiths LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special Staff Member Moderator

VIRGINIA BEACH—

Janice Pietropola was raped, strangled, and shot. Beverly Christensen was stabbed in her home, and Alice Eskew was beaten and strangled.

Someone killed these women, and at least nine more, at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.

"There was a tremendous amount of violence that took place inside a little cottage," said a retired detective.

[...]

Now, nearly three decades later, the families are getting what they've asked for. Virginia Beach cold-case detectives confirm what the women's relatives believed all along. At the very least, Joanne and Christine died under mysterious circumstances. At worst it was murder.

Years ago, cold-case detectives quietly reopened the investigation. Now, working with NewsChannel 3, they're digging deeper into the files hoping to find out who killed the women, and why.

"They couldn't get what they wanted, so they ran them over," said Det. Tucker.
    Part I
    Part II
    Part III

2. Loading...

3. PyroMessiah

PyroMessiah New Member

Wow. I used to work with Christensen's boyfriend. Obviously this was decades later. When he told me about it I looked up the case, but I didn't realize it was one in a series of them. Very sad.

4. asp17061

asp17061 New Member

any updates to this?

5. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

6. snowleopard

snowleopard Active Member

I was looking up references to the Jodi Huisentruit case when I came upon a Reddit thread about "Serial killer from my hometown....Virginia Beach" (use those to Google it) and found this thread. I hope it's ok to list this way, but other names associated (including those above) are Lynn Seethaler and Janice Pietropola, Beverly Christensen, Judy Ann Sylvester ( disappeared), Lorraine Zimmerman, Barbara Jean Monaco,(disappeared), Marcia Estelle Remick (disappeared), Alice Margaret Eskew, Brenda Joi Bancroft, Joanne (or possibly Joan) Zwingman and Christine Pilczak, Lisa Ann Jolley, Rafaella G. Bryant,and Roberta Walls. I think it's likely that some are not related, as the circumstances and discoverys of the bodies vary quite a bit, but almost all the victims were killed either in the summer or during likely winter break periods from colleges. I lived in Va Beach during the summer of '85 with a buddy and never heard of any of this, of course times and communication have changed. Still creepy.

7. snowleopard

snowleopard Active Member

8. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Nov. 28 2017
    http://wtkr.com/2017/11/28/virginia-beach-police-to-announce-developments-in-cold-case/
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_3e949994-5292-5609-b517-da6c34d98b01.html[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Aeronomy

Aeronomy Active Member