VA VA - Virginia Beach, WhtFem 903UFVA, 30-50, @ Chesapeake Bay Bridge, May'76

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Seifsister, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Seifsister

Seifsister New Member

Jane Doe

On May 29, 1976 at approximately 7:10 am the body of a white female was discovered floating in the Chesapeake Bay near the First Island of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. The Coast Guard responded, found, recovered, and transported the body to the Coast Guard Station. A news release on the morning of this discovery described the victim as decapitated white female. The Medical Examiner describes Jane Doe as being between 30 and 50 years old weighing approximately 135 pounds. She was about 5’ 5’’ tall with a vaccination scar on her upper left arm and a five and a half inch scar on the backside of the right thigh between the back of the knee and the buttocks. A raised red mole was on the neck about an inch below the Adam’s apple. Two more brown skin moles were about an inch below the Adam’s apple on the opposite side of the red mole. At this time the Identity is still unknown. The Medical Examiner’s Office performed an autopsy and ruled this case a homicide.

Contact Information:
    Cold Case Homicide Unit
    2509 Princess Anne Rd.
    Municipal Center, Bldg 11
    Virginia Beach, VA 23456
    Direct: (757) 385-4241

http://www.vbgov.com/vgn.aspx?vgnex...010VgnVCM100000870b640aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

2. Loading...

3. masnitram

masnitram Antithesis

4. Seifsister

Seifsister New Member

The info given at the top was placed on the Virginia Beach Virginia Cold Cases by Virginia Beach. So I can not say about what is on Doe or NamUs. I assume I would go by what NamUs has since the ME placed her in the system. I remember this when it happened.

5. masnitram

masnitram Antithesis

IMO considering this case is 34yrs old...a one day discrepancy isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. She still needs a name; I'm going to do some digging tomorrow as it's almost 1am here and I have to be to work in 6 hours.

Do you know of any additional articles and/or photos regarding this case? My quick search didn't yield anything...but again..it wasn't very intensive.

6. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member