VA - Virginia Tech Shooting, 32 murdered, 23 injured, 16 April 2007

Good post, JBean. I like the way you handle your dudes, sitting them down and talking. Most effective way to deal with college ages, I think. My mom had a phase wherein she wanted to control me via money strings for school. She backed off, but I had a friend whose parents did that and she rarely speaks to them decades later.
Oh interesting thank you RT. I just cannot imagine "punishing" my college age children. I mean they pulled all kind of carp but they had to live with the consequences of it, not me. Conversation between adults is good. I think the only way I would cut off college funds would be if:
1. They were engaging in illegal behavior
2. Just weren't getting the job done..ie more partying than studying.
That would be the extent of my trying to control their behavior. By the time my kids were in college, I was tired of being in charge and was anxious to move to a guiding "adviser" status. I was more than ready to let them handle themselves. parenting is exhausting!

I would just smack him upside the head and tell him to grow up and think.
Seriously, at this age I didn't "punish" my kids anymore. I would just sit them down and have a conversation about their poor judgement.
I still use coercion on 'em. Guilt works for minor things tho. LMAO I go to the heart of what matters to em...my checkbook. : )

I still use coercion on 'em. Guilt works for minor things tho. LMAO I go to the heart of what matters to em...my checkbook. : )
hahaha you nut. I don't do that anymore.No guilt or holding money over their heads. It makes them feel less of themselves, it really does. Gave it up when they moved up and out. Now that they are adults, if I tried to extort behavior change everytime they did something that I thought was stupid, it would be endless.
The fact is they have to make stupid mistakes to learn the truly important lessons.
I betcha these kids have learned a lot from the publicity and attention their antics have garnered. I mean you cannot teach that.
I believe they will walk out of this with a lesson learned that will benefit them in the future. If they haven't learned anything, nothing the parents do will matter anyway; they will most likely miss the really important message.

<Maybe all schools should have a course called "insight" and understanding of how your actions affect others.>

cyberlaw-- this is exactly what i'm talking about. because apparently the parents of many young people today aren't teaching it to them!! so now, should it be the school's job...? and if they don't do it, who will...? does anyone even care,, or is it really all about having the freedom to do whatever the h*ll you want, above all else...?

Virginia Tech marks 2007 rampage that killed 32
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/na...irginiatechbre83e0d7-20120415,0,1966824.story

It is hard to believe that it has been 5 years since Seung-Hui Cho massacred 32 people at Virginia Tech on this day.

:( :( :( :( :(

Yesterday I read the summary information on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho

and then reread Cho’s BRACE Character Profile:
http://www.deviantcrimes.com/BRACE Cho.pdf

Tragically sad case from any perspective.

Russell

I know this was expected, but I can't really bear to read anything more. Can anyone explain the basis for this ruling?

I came onto campus and into the building next door to Norris after the first shootings. So did many others. We saw the line of ambulances below while we were in lock down. I'll never forget this. I was not on the side of the building to hear the gunshots, but many of my friends heard them.

Does anyone here know when victim Waleed Shaalan was born? I can’t access records at the moment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back