VA VA - Waverly 'Wade' Sharpe, 32, Goochland County, Aug 1997

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by zapped, May 31, 2013.

1. zapped

zapped New Member

Posting what information I have in the hopes someone here can help.

The following is from an article about Wade on Porchlight International.

For Connie Taylor, the loss of Sharpe, her step-brother, is punctuated by the words not knowing.

“We don’t know a thing about what happened to him,” she said. “The police tell us they won’t be able to tell us anything or do anything until they have a body or some remains.”

Sharpe had been at a social event with some coworkers. One had picked him up and then brought him home. The last time he was seen he was walking towards his trailer.

“A friend called my mother [Sharpe’s step-mother] when he couldn’t reach Waverly and asked if she knew where he was and did she think they ought to call authorities,” Taylor explained. “She said he might have taken off so give him a few days. When we did call the authorities and they went to check on him, they found his cigarettes and wallet on the steps of his trailer. Everything inside seemed to be in its place.

“There were ground searches all around the area, but there were never any signs of him found,” she said. “I asked the police to check a well on the property because a new one had been dug, and they said they had and didn’t find anything.”

Wade went missing August 1997 and so far there have been no new leads on his case. The Goochland County Va Sheriffs Department allowed friends and neighbors to help in the search around his house, obliterating the crime scene and possibly destroying key evidence in the process.

I know this case is extremely old but if anyone thinks they can help it would be much appreciated.

2. Loading...

3. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

Hi, zapped. And welcome to Websleuths.

If you are still able to edit your post, you might change the title to include the year and the town/state of his disappearance -- that way, you may attract the attention of WSers from that area or especially interested in cases from that area. (I think, if you're still able to edit --there's a time limit -- you need to choose "Edit" and then "Go Advanced" to edit the title.)

If it's any help, Waverly (Wade) Sharpe's case is mentioned in another thread on WS. Here's the link to the post that mentions his disappearance:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA VA - Robert Lee Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

Don't worry -- there are many cases in this forum that date back well before 1997.

I hope some answers can be found about this young man's disappearance.

4. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

Here's an MSM article from this past March that mentions Wade:

more at: http://www.nbc12.com/story/21647617/three-women-brought-together-by-missing-killed-loved-ones

5. zapped

zapped New Member

Posting what information I have in the hopes someone here can help.

The following is from an article about Wade on Porchlight International.

For Connie Taylor, the loss of Sharpe, her step-brother, is punctuated by the words not knowing.

“We don’t know a thing about what happened to him,” she said. “The police tell us they won’t be able to tell us anything or do anything until they have a body or some remains.”

Sharpe had been at a social event with some coworkers. One had picked him up and then brought him home. The last time he was seen he was walking towards his trailer.

“A friend called my mother [Sharpe’s step-mother] when he couldn’t reach Waverly and asked if she knew where he was and did she think they ought to call authorities,” Taylor explained. “She said he might have taken off so give him a few days. When we did call the authorities and they went to check on him, they found his cigarettes and wallet on the steps of his trailer. Everything inside seemed to be in its place.

“There were ground searches all around the area, but there were never any signs of him found,” she said. “I asked the police to check a well on the property because a new one had been dug, and they said they had and didn’t find anything.”

Wade went missing August 1997 and so far there have been no new leads on his case. The Goochland County Va Sheriffs Department allowed friends and neighbors to help in the search around his house, obliterating the crime scene and possibly destroying key evidence in the process.

I know this case is extremely old but if anyone thinks they can help it would be much appreciated.

6. zapped

zapped New Member

Mods could you please close this thread as Ive started a new one with the correct information in the title?

Thanks! I was unable to edit this one.

7. Backwoods

Backwoods New Member

I'm going to bring over the tidbits of info I had posted in your earlier thread, just in case they should be of help:

(1) If it's any help, Waverly (Wade) Sharpe's case is mentioned in another thread on WS. Here's the link to the post that mentions his disappearance:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA VA - Robert Lee Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

zapped, I apologize for not realizing before when I linked that post that it was one you yourself had made! I noticed, this time.

(2) Here's an MSM article from this past March that mentions Wade:

more at: http://www.nbc12.com/story/21647617/three-women-brought-together-by-missing-killed-loved-ones

8. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

2013:

http://m.richmond.com/news/local/ce...47e-9194-11e2-863b-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm