VA - Xin Yang, 22, grad student, murdered on VA Tech campus, 21 Jan 2009

Sure is convenient for him that she's not around to defend those accusations :furious:

Although I don't think anyone will buy that. Even if it were true, there's no justification for murder (except self defense) and certainly no justification for one as brutal as this.

I totally agree. I was just puzzled as to why someone would commit a murder as brutal as this after knowing her for only two weeks. Other than some mental illness, a beheading just doesn't happen very often. That motive posted on the blog could be totally made up and even if true would no way justify anything. I just thought it was interesting.

Puzzling to me that no one tried to save her, they just ran away or stayed on their phones! Are we becoming a really wimpy America or just afraid to get involved for fear of a law suit?

Puzzling to me that no one tried to save her, they just ran away or stayed on their phones! Are we becoming a really wimpy America or just afraid to get involved for fear of a law suit?

Yeah, I wondered about that too. I imagined the restaurants and cafes around my campus that are always busy. I truly can't believe (and do not want to) that those people would do nothing.

I know that people are less likely to call for help when there is a crowd, but seriously? Someone's is decapitating a girl and no one steps in? It would be obvious that she was being hurt, surely she was screaming.. I just don't understand.

<snip>

A former Virginia Tech student accused of decapitating another student at a campus eatery pleaded guilty to first-degree murder Monday and now faces up to life in prison.

Haiyang Zhu (hy-yuhng-joo) was charged with killing Xin Yang (shin yuhng) as the pair had coffee together in January. Prosecutor Brad Finch said the killing occurred after the woman rejected Zhu's romantic overtures.

Zhu did not say why he killed the woman during the hearing Monday.

Zhu is expected to be sentenced on April 1.

more here

http://www.kansascity.com/440/story/1642825.html

Man gets life term for decapitating VT classmate
Posted: Apr 19, 2010 1:28 PM CDT

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- A former Virginia Tech graduate student who admitted to decapitating a classmate has been sentenced to life in prison.

Haiyang Zhu (HY-yung JOO) was sentenced Monday in Montgomery County Circuit Court to life without parole. He pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the death of fellow Chinese student Xin Yang (shin yuhng).

more here

http://www.wvva.com/global/story.asp?s=12335991

It was reported that Harold Montague and Dr. Stephen Wolf both made unusual sounds as they were killing and stabbing. Montague was growling and mumbling gibberish. Wolf was talking nonsense and trying to convince his wife about Tommy being the devil. In the decapitation on the Canadian bus, by Mr. Li, other riders stated that the killer showed no emotion during the killing but then became boastful and threatening. He was later found to be not guilty by reason of insanity due to schizophrenia. Each of these men talked about God.

Of course we want these men put away forever. But doesn't this also sound like some form of schizophrenia? I wonder why Haiyang Zhu's attorney's didn't use that defense. Is this a man who the guards really want to be responsible for? I wouldn't want to share a cell with this guy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back