VA - Youth Pastor kills family on Thanksgiving, Chester, 24 Nov 2017

I'm not sure, but I think the poster was referring to Jesus working with wood (as a carpenter). Further, ScHoLaR oF STuFF said Gattis sold furniture, not sure why you say "selling Jesus"?
BBM

Off-topic.... but the bolded bit reminded me of a song by someone called "Skunk Ananzi" or something similar. An African-Am hard rock musician.
Saw a music video of him ; his singing style is like he drinks a gallon of expresso beforehand, and bounces around like the energizer bunny.
HeeHee....
Sorry, needed a giggle.

I believe VA has the DP and carries it out. That or he'll die in prison. Hopefully.
Gattis doesn't deserve to breathe the free air, ever again !: stormingmad:

I'm not sure, but I think the poster was referring to Jesus working with wood (as a carpenter). Further, ScHoLaR oF STuFF said Gattis sold furniture, not sure why you say "selling Jesus"?

I took the term "selling Jesus" to mean the following:

Gattis apparently had a good income. Gattis was also a minister. As a result, Gattis was profiting off his religion by "selling Jesus" to gullible believers.

I then pointed out that a certain number of ministers are financially successful from their other professions. Thus, the fact that an individual minister is upper income, or even wealthy does not mean he unethically profiting from religion.

I agree that it doesn't matter in terms of the case, but people are posting "pastor" as a putdown, and I admit that gets under my skin. I should sit this one out, probably.

:hiding:

I don’t think they are meaning pastor as a put-down, but rather showing their disdain at the hypocritical life he was obviously leading.

For what it is worth, the church website refers to the position as "Middle School / High School Youth Ministries Coordinator".

Also there is some new info in this link (a local newspaper). http://www.chesterfieldobserver.com/news/2017-11-22/Front_Page/Triple_homicide_stuns_Chester.html

Mark Anderson, 42, indicated that it did not come as a total shock when he and his wife found out Gattis was charged with first-degree murder and use of a firearm during the commission of a felony for each of the three slayings.

“Most of the time when we saw him he was perfectly fine,” Mark Anderson said, adding that “the police have been out to the house before. I think he had internal battles.”

and

“Chris has always been a great neighbor,” Patton said. “I’m just sorry for whatever happened to him and I’m just waiting for the story to come out. There had to be something that triggered it. Couldn’t have asked for a better neighbor.”

It was his understanding, Patton said, that Kunze and Buthorn were preparing to move to Georgia.

I believe this is the first I have heard that this may have only been a temporary situation and that they were planning to move to Georgia.

Even more new info this morning. http://wric.com/2017/11/27/victims-in-chesterfield-triple-murder-shot-in-the-back/

There is troubling new information about the Thanksgiving day murders of three people in Chesterfield. According to the Richmond Medical Examiner, two of the victims died after being shot in the back. Autopsies revealed that 30-year-old Candice Kunze and her boyfriend Andrew Buthorn were both shot from behind. Kunze’s mother Jeanett Gattis was also shot and killed.

8News learned that police had been dispatched to that home seven times over the past eight years including once for a disturbance with a weapon.

Wow.

i particularly chose the verb "selling" Jesus cause Gattis is a MURDERING FRAUD not dedicated to commandments of Christianity let alone the conduct expected of one employed as a full-time pastor
it's verbage derived from noun sell-out *a betrayal of one's principles for reasons of expedience

Even more new info this morning. http://wric.com/2017/11/27/victims-in-chesterfield-triple-murder-shot-in-the-back/

There is troubling new information about the Thanksgiving day murders of three people in Chesterfield. According to the Richmond Medical Examiner, two of the victims died after being shot in the back. Autopsies revealed that 30-year-old Candice Kunze and her boyfriend Andrew Buthorn were both shot from behind. Kunze’s mother Jeanett Gattis was also shot and killed.

8News learned that police had been dispatched to that home seven times over the past eight years including once for a disturbance with a weapon.

Wow.

Thanks for this info!!

They reported last night on HLN's Primetime Justice he was employed as a full-time pastor!

If anything he only good to come out of this tragedy is that wolf in sheep's clothing is GONE.

My hunch at this point is the root cause is going to be financial. Financial stress mixed with alcohol. No facts to back that up, just a hunch.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change

my theory is different and based upon his wife's overt misleading representation of the her 'wholesome relationship' with her husband and how that false facade of domestic blessed bliss started deteriorating soon after mother progressively confiding to her daughter. (For some women strife and resignment promotes confiding in another to recharge the self)
It all came to a hilt Thanksgiving evening
i noted no relationship whatsoever between the daughter and step dad on facebook (no likes/post/ or group photos).
Also her employment as a therapist traveling all over the USA (and even abroad to Croatia) spoke of daughter's financial independence and a lifestyle of wonder lust. her coming home AND STAYING awhile there was very out of the ordinary for this boho nature loving people loving concert loving party loving young lady.......
but the things a loving daughter might do for her mom, especially if mom has a problem, or is unhappy, or isn't sure {what to do}.

So that loving daughter...with boyfriend in tow.....makes a right turn, into a wrong situation.
I believe in those weeks in that house Gattis' narcissistic psychopathy changed the course for Mrs. Gattis, who he has manipulated and controlled for years without candy's prying eyes.

That fateful night pschyopathy was the 5th dinner quest, and it helped itself thanksgiving day .

That evening to Christ Gattis there was no Jeanette, Candy and Bob.
And there was no real such thing as right or wrong...there was only what he would or wouldn't do.

Wow.

Wow indeed.

Looks to me that he shot his wife, Jeanett, first and when Candy and Andrew tried to run he shot them both from behind.

He went after them. This should be murder 1, right?

Just tragic.

A mischievious good looking nasty sheep pastoring in wolves clothing.

If Kenny Roders, Jesus, Pippi Longstocking and Satan had a baby,
it would be Chris Gattis!

All three were shot in the back. New information being posted.

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/crime/medical-examiner-all-victims-shot-in-back-during-thanksgiving-homicides/article_d3e5ad75-459a-582a-9368-d0f0ec1905d3.html

"All three victims killed on Thanksgiving Day in their Chester home were shot in the back, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
Autopsies preformed on Jeanett L. Gattis, 58; Candice L. Kunze, 30; and Andrew E. Buthorn, 36, revealed that all three died from a gunshot wound to the back, according to Arkuie Williams, an administrator for the chief medical examiner. All three death have been deemed homicides.
Chesterfield County police would not say whether that indicated the victims had been running from the shooter."

BBM

Off-topic.... but the bolded bit reminded me of a song by someone called "Skunk Ananzi" or something similar. An African-Am hard rock musician.
Saw a music video of him ; his singing style is like he drinks a gallon of expresso beforehand, and bounces around like the energizer bunny.
HeeHee....
Sorry, needed a giggle.

I believe VA has the DP and carries it out. That or he'll die in prison. Hopefully.
Gattis doesn't deserve to breathe the free air, ever again !: stormingmad:

Skunk Anansie -- they're British, and the lead singer, Skin, is a she (source: my friend managed the band).

This is an odd case. I tend to agree that the combination of financial stresses + step-daughter moving back in w/ BF may have contributed. But I also get a Helen Bailey vibe from this, a middle-aged man who has been simmering for a long time and finally acts out, with devastating consequences.

My hunch at this point is the root cause is going to be financial. Financial stress mixed with alcohol. No facts to back that up, just a hunch.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change

I agree. So often what happens is the guy gets into some financial difficulty, and then out of pride never tells his wife (especially a second wife to whom he maybe misrepresented himself a little bit--claimed he was more financially secure than he was in order to impress her). Maybe the furniture business isn't so great. Then he borrows money instead of trying to get out of the situation/cut losses, because he's trying to maintain face. At some point it all comes out. He's spent his step-kids' inheritance or something and can't see any way out except to blow it all to oblivion. Alcohol doesn't help, of course.

Crime Insider sources tell Jon Burkett that the stepdaughter’s boyfriend tripped the alarm as he was coming outside the Dogwood Ridge Court home after he had been shot.

Those same sources say several disagreements over the course of a few weeks may have been what triggered the violent Thanksgiving night triple murder.

http://wtvr.com/2017/11/27/christopher-gattis-in-court/

More at link.

my theory is different and based upon his wife's overt misleading representation of the her 'wholesome relationship' with her husband and how that false facade of domestic blessed bliss started deteriorating soon after mother progressively confiding to her daughter. (For some women strife and resignment promotes confiding in another to recharge the self)
It all came to a hilt Thanksgiving evening
i noted no relationship whatsoever between the daughter and step dad on facebook (no likes/post/ or group photos).
Also her employment as a therapist traveling all over the USA (and even abroad to Croatia) spoke of daughter's financial independence and a lifestyle of wonder lust. her coming home AND STAYING awhile there was very out of the ordinary for this boho nature loving people loving concert loving party loving young lady.......
but the things a loving daughter might do for her mom, especially if mom has a problem, or is unhappy, or isn't sure {what to do}.

So that loving daughter...with boyfriend in tow.....makes a right turn, into a wrong situation.
I believe in those weeks in that house Gattis' narcissistic psychopathy changed the course for Mrs. Gattis, who he has manipulated and controlled for years without candy's prying eyes.

That fateful night pschyopathy was the 5th dinner quest, and it helped itself thanksgiving day .

That evening to Christ Gattis there was no Jeanette, Candy and Bob.
And there was no real such thing as right or wrong...there was only what he would or wouldn't do.

This. I think he was a psycho con and a bad hubby. I think daughter knew it and did not like him and tried to get Mom to dump him. But mom was desperate for love so she tolerated. But once daughter and boyfriend were under foot there was much contention and strife. And hubby could not hide or continue his bad ways. And maybe mom was done with hubby and needed back up when she planned to send him packing. All my opinion based on a familiar situation (though luckily did not end in murder).

Crime Insider sources tell Jon Burkett that the stepdaughter’s boyfriend tripped the alarm as he was coming outside the Dogwood Ridge Court home after he had been shot.

Those same sources say several disagreements over the course of a few weeks may have been what triggered the violent Thanksgiving night triple murder.

http://wtvr.com/2017/11/27/christopher-gattis-in-court/

More at link.

Also interesting:
The judge denied Gattis bond and gave him a court appointed attorney. He is being held at Riverside Regional Jail, where is he on suicide watch, according to officials.

Court records related to the murder charges Gattis is facing show that Gattis told the court he has $2,000 in savings and pays $300 monthly in medical expenses.

And:
Chesterfield Court documents reveal Gattis was charged with assault and battery back in September of 2012.

CBS 6 problem solver investigator Melissa Hipolit tracked down alleged victim Kevin Deford.

Deford is a newspaper delivery man who said he was delivering a paper called Richmond.com when Gattis ran out in front of his car and threw one of the papers through his window and hit him on the head with it.

Deford said his son then jumped out of the car to try to protect his dad and that is when Gattis pulled out a box cutter and flashed it at his son.

"He was out doing leaves that day, if I remember correctly, and just lost it is the best I can describe it," Deford said.

Deford described Gattis as being on edge and agitated and said Gattis later explained why.

"He had gotten a test result that he and the family were concerned about, and they were waiting for the doctor to call back with another one, and that was his reason for being on edge," Deford said.

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/...cle_60544796-3ac1-536c-85f9-a0ab364754b8.html

“Why am I in two different courts?” Gattis, who appeared by video from Riverside Regional Jail where he is being held without bond, asked the judge during his second arraignment.

Because two of the victims were family members, those cases were heard in domestic relations court, while the case involving Buthorn was in General District Court. They will likely be combined if the charges are certified by a grand jury and brought up to Circuit Court."

“Why am I in two different courts?” Gattis, who appeared by video from Riverside Regional Jail where he is being held without bond, asked the judge during his second arraignment.

̶P̶a̶s̶t̶o̶r̶ Psycho-Dingbat, that is the least of your problems.
Your wife, stepdaughter and Arthur Buthorn's lifeless autopsied lay in the coroner's morgue for the next several weeks because of you.

This. I think he was a psycho con and a bad hubby. I think daughter knew it and did not like him and tried to get Mom to dump him. But mom was desperate for love so she tolerated. But once daughter and boyfriend were under foot there was much contention and strife. And hubby could not hide or continue his bad ways. And maybe mom was done with hubby and needed back up when she planned to send him packing. All my opinion based on a familiar situation (though luckily did not end in murder).

I send you love and light, Lamima . That the darkness you replaced with the wonderous, so to enjoy your beautiful life as a Dreamer and a Warrior.
3da3dec2fbdbba89bbb647e74c2100ce.jpg

A very sad case. I am surprised he did not commit suicide. Makes me wonder if he is more arrogant/narcissistic than many of the family annihilators.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back