Vail woman fends off bear with pillow

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by spamelope, Sep 30, 2009.

1. spamelope

spamelope Active Member

VAIL — How do you get an angry bear out of your bedroom? (Vail Daily)

Hit it with a decorative pillow.

OK, a pillow is probably not on the list of official tips on fending off hungry predators, but it worked for Vail resident Sally Rebehn when a bear followed her into her bedroom a few weeks ago.
    The bear then went into a kitchen and rummaged through the garbage, cupboards and drawers. The bear tasting some chili and some ice cream but seemed to prefer chicken wings from a local barbecue restaurant, Rebehn said.

“The only thing we know that it ate every last bit of was Moe's Barbecue,” she said.

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20090929/NEWS/909299973/1078&ParentProfile=1062

LOL
    I think next time I'm in CO, I gotta hit up Moe's!

2. Loading...

3. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

Go, girl! and way-to-go Moe's!!

4. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

And she came back for more Moe's. Colorado sure has had their share of bear encounters this year.

5. Spangle

Spangle New Member

It's the economy. I guess it's effecting them as well.

Ok, I'll go set in the corner now...

6. spamelope

spamelope Active Member

ASPEN, Colorado — Bears in search of food are in for a shock if they try to bottom feed from Main Street Bakery.

Bill Dinsmoor, owner of the restaurant, has found a solution to protect his vulnerable food supply locked in an outdoor freezer: electricity.

The freezer was broken into four or five times by bears, but since Dinsmoor installed a high-voltage, low-amp electrified mat about a month ago, he said he has had no problems with bruins.
    http://www.postindependent.com/article/20090928/VALLEYNEWS/909279993/1074

lol at all your quips!
    This is a brilliant idea and I hope more people use the mats so that there are less bear/human interactions. I love seeing bears from afar, but I sure wouldn't want one in my kitchen or bedroom. Note to self: when engaging in pillow fight with an ursine, make sure it's a "decorative" pillow and not some "sham" plain white one. (Pun intended)