VERDICT is IN!! #1

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by beach, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

I rose when the jury entered...lol...and stood and applauded when the verdict was read. :)

2. HarvestMoon

HarvestMoon Well-Known Member

Now that's the room I'd like to be a bug in, the "heated conversation" room.

3. QueenD

QueenD Well-Known Member

NG is reported JA hasn't left the building? She is saying apparently there were some heated arguments between her and her lawyers.

4. Thurston

Thurston Member

Thank you.

If she receives LWOP is it possible that she would serve only 25 years - someone posted that Travis Alexander's murderer may only serve 25 years, and, my heart has gone back into stomach.

Is it up to Judge Stephens to give the sentence DP or LWOP?

5. Schuby

Schuby Under the thumb of The Man

Oh, boo, looks like we'll have to postpone the wedding.

6. gauntlet

gauntlet Inactive

From Croakerqueen - you can see the crowds erupt at the same time the verdict is read. JA is seriously gulping

[video=youtube;LTZFtfg2LZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTZFtfg2LZU[/video]

7. Just Sailing Thru

Just Sailing Thru Member

no one was " stuck".. 5 found premed , the rest found premed and felony murder (12)

8. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

I agree. Regardless of how many appeals she files, she will never see the outside world. Just look at Scott Peterson and David Westerfield.

Jodi may be able to try to manipulate the jailers (and I won't be surprised if she has sexcapades while incarcerated) - and she will use her soft voice to get what she wants. But I relish the fact that she will be ALONE. 23 hours a day, and shackled for 1 hour while she's caged. That's if she gets the DP.

If she gets LWOP, I'll be curious to see what she'll get as far as freedom in the prison wise (tv, commissary, art work leaks, tweets, etc).

I hope the jurors come back with death -- I think that's the path they are taking.

MOO

Mel

9. Nhic

Nhic New Member

LOL, ya I know that's obvious to everyone. Just had to type it out. :floorlaugh:

Any idea what JM does tomorrow during the proceeding? Does he put anyone on the stand?

10. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Waiting on Sheriff Joe's presser!

11. my_tee_mouse

my_tee_mouse Done. Put a Fork in Me.

TH saying sheriff cancelled news conference.

12. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that ther

if I'm not mistaken would today not mark the last day that Jodi Arias will be dressed in "street clothes"?.. my understanding is that now that she has been officially convicted she will from here on out be wearing her prison attire..is this correct?

13. prima.facie

prima.facie Long Time Member

that is because there is no more money to make off of her. they were there soley for that purpose...

ETA. I just checked. the website is still active...

14. lisasalinger

lisasalinger Juror13

Wow, I have been just reading for the past hour, trying to absorb all of this.

Thank you Mr. Juan Martinez
    Thank you Detective Flores
    Thank you brave witnesses
    Thank you JURY

RIP Travis. Your family is smiling, and together, and surrounded by love.

Today was a good day.

15. shiloh42

shiloh42 Member

To me, she looked like a five year old with that "why didn't you believe me" look. It wasn't very emotional. I frankly expected a repeat of the sobbing behind the wall of hair.

16. katiedid2

katiedid2 New Member

Will she remain at the jail

17. Thurston

Thurston Member

I do think Arias asks "which one is the foreman" as the jury is entering.

Arias says something else to Wilmott after the verdict has been read - Arias says it when the jury is exiting.

Does anyone know what Arias says as the jury is exiting?

18. Nali87

Nali87 Well-Known Member

I'd have to disagree with MaryNo. Yes, Juan DID say that. But it was when he was explaining the requirements for burglary - the taking of the gun IF the jury wanted to believe it wasn't Travis.

"Third/Second degree burglary is when a person unlawfully goes into or remains on a fenced residential or commercial yard, or inside a nonresidential structure with the intent to commit a felony or a theft. This kind of burglary is considered a Class 4 felony."

He then explained what MaryNo said, about what it means to remain unlawfully in someone's house. But IT was tied to the gun as well. I'd go and rewatch, but I saw his closing so many times that I'm pretty sure that was what he was talking about. Just staying inside a house unlawfully is not a felony, there has be intent to commit the theft.

:moo:

19. Nhic

Nhic New Member

Why.......?

20. cricket49

cricket49 Loving Life!

Well, some people think Jodi did not deserve this sentence? She is not a threat to society only to Travis because the way he treated her? So I guess my question is....Would you let your son date her? :scared:

Remember, Casey Anthony's female attorney was asked on a late night show if she would let Casey babysit her kids? uh....huh....long pause...awkward.... I don't know if she ever answered the question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.