VERDICT is IN!! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how they plan to get around the 2-year statute of limitations. :waitasec:

There was no split. It was unanimous as to premeditated murder. It was less than unanimous as to felony murder, but the only way I was ever able to make felony murder work with the facts is if Jodi left the house but then snuck back in while Travis was showering to kill him. And I think JM presented some different theory about her stealing the gun, which no juror who went with premeditated murder could have bought.

AzLawyer I hope you read this comment and tell me I make a little sense or not lol! I was thinking the same at first. I thought if you think she brought the gun with her to kill him and it's premeditated then no way can you also believe Juan's alternative that the gun/knife was there and it's felony murder. But then I thought: for premeditated murder the timespan can be very short: so what if some jurors thought okay the weapon (if not the gun, then the knife) was his so she stole that (felony) and the premediation aspect lies in the fact that after she stabbed him/first, she had knowledge and intent to kill him. So they didn't pay as much attention to the premeditation that went ahead of it all (before she even reached AZ) but focused on the fact that she after the first stab had time to think and realized she was going for the kill (premeditation) and then took his knife/gun (felony).

I'm too intoxicated to say much but WHOOOHOOOOOOO! Justice for Travis finally! Loved the look on JA's face. WHO ME? ME? ME?

Love it. Replaying the verdict on HLN.

Notice Arias' chin and mouth. THAT is REAL crying that we did not see AT ALL throughout the trial when she was "supposedly" crying.

She cries for only herself.

I really want to "meet" all the jurors that bring justice to Travis!

Not yet, their job isn't quite done yet.

Hopefully, in a few weeks we will be able to hear from them tho.

:)

I re-watched the verdict being read. The clerk says:

5 Premeditated
0 Felony
7 Premeditated and Felony

Sorry for asking a question that had such an obvious answer (I might as well asked where was Arias in the court when the verdict was read)?

What does the 5 Premeditated 0 Felony 7 Premeditated and Felony mean?

When I heard the words "guilty" I think I just was overcome that justice for Travis Alexander had been rendered in a court of law had been served - I missed the clerk giving the "numbers."

Thank you jurors for giving Travis Alexander Justice!

I heard it explained? And it had something to do with Juan saying even if you think she was in the house and stole HIS gun blah blah.. I can't recall?

i think it is just saying some rejected the idea she is guilty of the Felony Theft?

But 12 Guilty of 1st degree
and 12 agree, premeditation

The verdict is the definition of 'bittersweet' for Travis' family and loved ones and all who care about him. I'm happy about the verdict, but it does not overcome the great aching sadness that Travis is not with us here on earth.

That should not be a new feeling for her, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Sometimes she did see it.... It "made her eyes burn" :floorlaugh:

So is the DP penalty still on the table, or is it LWOP or LWP after 25 years?? Anyone know or understand?? It will probably take me 45 minutes to find an answer, but tia if anyone can help

945582_10151468102653791_1220384480_n.jpg

Is everyone here delighted then? Nobody who finds the whole thing really sad?

I've felt really sad for a long time for what JA did. For the loss of this life. Someone that had so much to offer and live for.

But today, it won't bring him back. It can only bring justice and closure for his family.

And it removes the stain she tried to cast on his reputation and memory.

JMO

{quote]Originally Posted by sammijo
Can someone please explain if the split in the jurors means that part of them believed it was Travis' gun and he attacked her?[/quote]

NO, absolutely not. The 'split' means that although they ALL agreed it was premeditated, only 7 also added "felony' murder to premeditation.

Oh old news but I saw Poquito I think. Orange tee and he looked like he was praying!

I'm too intoxicated to say much but WHOOOHOOOOOOO! Justice for Travis finally! Loved the look on JA's face. WHO ME? ME? ME?

It so looked like if she could run up to each of them and ask them "are you sure? are you sure? really? me?" she would have.

So does Jodi stay at that county jail until it's all over or is she headed to prison tonight?

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 1m
T
oday, our justice system triumphs #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics