VERDICT is IN!! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
just reposting MaryNo's perfect and yo the point explanation of how and why jurors would have found her guilty of BOTH PREMEDITATION AND FELONY MURDER..any who don't remember Juan explained this in closing arguments...
Originally Posted by MaryNo
I forget the term he used, but didn't he say that it was
felony murder, because it's a crime to remain in the
house once you are no longer welcome in the house?
Didn't he say something to the effect in his closing, "I
know if someone's in my house, and they start
stabbing, and shooting me, they're no longer welcome in
my house". And because she was no longer welcome in
Travis' house, she killed him in the commission of a
crime, making it felony murder. I don't remember the
scenario about the gun that you're referring to.

Did you notice the guy sitting near Travis' sisters who had a big smile on his face BEFORE the verdict was read? It's as if he knew she would be found guilty. Not a big toothy smile, but a definite twinkle in the eye smile!

When Jodi Ann gets back to Estrella will she go to the same jail bed, wear the same outfit? What changes after today's conviction ?

Why would Arias only get 25 years?

My heart fell back into my stomach when I read your post.

Arias may not be sentenced to Death?
I think there is a misunderstanding. If the jury doesn't agree on death, then the judge will decide between LWOP or life with eligibility for parole after 25 years. Absolutely no guarantee she would be granted parole EVER, only eligible. With all 12 finding for first degree premeditated and the brutality of the crime, I can't imagine the Judge sentencing her to less than LWOP. IMO.

TOTALLY BELIEVABLE!!!

JA will now take out her hidden-in-the-courtroom fury on her lawyers and everyone else connected to her. The events about to unfold in future are yet to be known, but IMO we are going to see a lot of damage to those she knows.

She is evil. She is spiteful. She is revengeful. She is a danger to everyone, even the fools who tried to help her. Now she will be a danger to prison guards, staff and other inmates.

Well, it would be hard to disagree with much of what you've said about her here!

Does anyone know if the sentencing phase will be televised or on live stream tomorrow?

Oh my gosh! HLN keeps showing it over and over, and of course I'm watching...

I cannot get over the killer's facial expression as she looks at the 12 people who just found her guilty of premeditated murder. She's so shocked and innocent-looking!!! Like, "How could you do this to me?!"

Where does she get her nerve?!!

I'm not delighted, not at all.

I believe justice has been done, but the tone of the celebrations and some of the comments made really make me cringe. JA has earned a hatred that far outweighs her actual crime.

JA has only done what thousands of men do every year, (ie assault and kill their lover) yet some of the comments in here make her sound like a mass murderer, child torturer, or serial killer. She is none of these things.

This crime doesn't fall into the "extreme" category - there was a single adult victim, a clear motive, and JA was and is no threat to anyone but TA, who treated her extremely poorly. TA is being canonised as a saint and he wasn't. He was a hypocritical, conflicted and careless young man, which is being totally overlooked in the irrational jubilation and desire for vengeance this case has attracted.

Nobody likes being lied to, but the hatred directed to JA stinks of spite and jealousy. A crime orchestrated by a pretty young blonde seems to offend folks so much more than one perpetrated by an ugly old man.

:twocents:
I couldn't disagree more. She reaped the whirlwind. No one's jealous of her. 29 stab wounds, a gunshot to the head and a slit throat is about as 'extreme' as a murder can get. I'll leave it at that.

Today I am so proud that I live in Arizona. I knew from the start they would find her guilty. We are a wild west state and hold people accountable. I am SO happy right now.
Prayers to the family that they can find some sort of peace now knowing justice has been served. Love to you Alexanders!

I believe justice has been done, but the tone of the celebrations and some of the comments made really make me cringe. JA has earned a hatred that far outweighs her actual crime.

JA has only done what thousands of men do every year, (ie assault and kill their lover) yet some of the comments in here make her sound like a mass murderer, child torturer, or serial killer. She is none of these things.

This crime doesn't fall into the "extreme" category - there was a single adult victim, a clear motive, and JA was and is no threat to anyone but TA, who treated her extremely poorly. TA is being canonised as a saint and he wasn't. He was a hypocritical, conflicted and careless young man, which is being totally overlooked in the irrational jubilation and desire for vengeance this case has attracted.

Nobody likes being lied to, but the hatred directed to JA stinks of spite and jealousy. A crime orchestrated by a pretty young blonde seems to offend folks so much more than one perpetrated by an ugly old man.

Actually the reason so many are happy with the verdict is because Jodi deserved to be found guilty of first degree premeditated murder. Travis is not being portrayed as a saint at all. Travis was human, like the rest of us. And he in no way shape or form deserved anything that Jodi did to him, including the overkill.

It matters not if someone is good looking, young, blonde, female, old, ugly, male...........murder is murder. A look at the site that this is proves that it matters not about those things. Justice was served today, people are thankful and happy about it. Not sure why anyone feels the need to rain on that feeling or try and guilt someone about their feelings either. Perhaps those unhappy with the verdict or the mood in the thread may want to move on for now to something else and come back when the mood is more to their liking. Just a suggestion as I feel it is completely unfair to have someone voice their opinions of other posters not behaving in the manner they feel we should.

MOO

Juan is calling Dr Horn, the state's only aggravation witness, to testify tomorrow. He will take up most of the afternoon testifying, according to CNN.

This addresses the cruelty of the murder.

I couldn't disagree more. If Jodi has incurred wrath it is as much because of her actions after viciously slaughtering Travis as the crime itself. I highly doubt there would be so much rancor had she not made it her mission to destroy him over and over again. (Unless the State agreed to a plea deal, of course.)

Not pretty. Not blonde any longer. And I felt as much relief when hearing the verdicts for Scott Peterson, Susan Smith, Darlie Routier, Stacey Barker, D'Andre Lane, Mark Hacking, Neil Entwhistle, Jason Young and many more.

MOO

No victim is a saint. We all have our failings. To sensationalize those failings in an effort to thwart justice can and will cause people to dislike a defendant beyond the crime for which he or she is being tried.

This IS an extreme crime. Jodi IS a danger to any unwilling objects of her affection/obsession. I suppose her defense attorneys are learning that right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member