Verdict is IN- GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy on Twitter posting tweets about explosives at courthouse.

Grimlinskeleton

Thank you for looking.

I had to watch the verdict on HLN because I could not get any internet courtroom coverage to load.

HLN only showed Arias. Then they showed a split screen of Arias and everyone outside of the court (with sound).

After the jury left - HLN stopped airing the courtroom footage.

Hopefully, someone has the 4 camera angles and 45 minutes of the courtroom after the verdict - and, will post it.

This!!! I want, I want!!

I hear rumors her father is ill and could not make it. As for the siblings-I'm not sure. I would think they would be there for the verdict unless-they just weren't close to each other at all. I'm still puzzled why grandma was walking (pretty good actually) out of the courthouse and needed a wheelchair for the courtroom---I'm guessing sympathy.

OMIGOSh I wish Juan could show a tape of the grandma's walking to the jury!!!!!!!!!!! I always thought bringing the grandma in during the last week was ALL MANIPULATION. I am thinking the only valid reason she might have the wheelchair in the courtroom is because she wanted a comfortable chair? I mean, that would be the ONLY reason I could think of.

Oh no. In their opinion, justice will prevail and she'll win an appeal and be outta there in no time :giggle:

Those with their heads in their butts don't usually have much hope of recovery.

Here is the interview with one of Travis's friends on Piers last night, that Searcy was in the mix with... You will see his Weasel looking face and now please now that you have had your 15 mins of fame, go crawl back under the rock you came from.
hahaha they cut out his response to her.

Elisha Schabel:
http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/20...-deserve-to-die-the-way-that-he-did/?on.cnn=1

Can someone make a gif of Gus' eyes constantly darting back and forth from the opening of this segment?

The more I see these videos replayed, I really just can not believe the gull in her.

"....I'm not a smoker, in good health, I'd probably live a long life...." Is she SERIOUS? Who the F@ck says something like that??? I just can't even...

Average # of years on Death Row:
California 17.5 years
Arizona 12 years

(the difference in years may be due to the vast difference in population and getting through the courts. AZ population 7 million, CA population 40 million)

California Executions Since 1978
Time on Death Row (and their age)
Robert Alton Harris 13 years, 1 month 38
David Edwin Mason 9 years, 7 months 36
William George Bonin 13 years, 1 month 49
Keith Daniel Williams 17 years 49
Thomas M. Thompson 14 years, 1 month 43
Kelvin Malone 15 years, 6 months 38
Jaturun Siripongs 15 years, 9 months 47
Manuel Babbitt 16 years, 10 months 50
Darrell Keith Rich 19 years, 1 month 44
Robert Lee Massie 21 years, 10 months 60
Stephen Wayne Anderson 20 years, 6 months 49
Donald Beardslee 20 years, 10 months 52
Stanley Williams 24 years, 8 months 51
Clarence Ray Allen 23 years, 1 month 76

Average Time Served on Death Row: 210.7 months (17.5 years)
Average Age at Time of Execution: 49 years old

As of January 17, 2006:
13 Executed in California
1 Executed in Missouri – Kelvin Malone

-----
AZ Death Row Facts http://www.azcorrections.gov/dr_faq.aspx
From the time an inmate is sentenced to death to the time the inmate is executed, what is the average length of time that an Arizona inmate remains on Death Row?

Since 1937, the average Arizona Death Row inmate has spent 12 years on death row.

I don't follow how Jodi's post-conviction interview would result in an overturned conviction. If you are referring to accusations she made about JM and/or her attorneys not presenting all the evidence available, that's just Jodi being Jodi--blaming others, it's never her fault. If anything, she gave the State the opportunity to use the interview against her in the penalty phase.

I guess I've just always been worried about the fact that this jury was not sequestered and the huge amount of media attention this case has gotten. But I will have faith in the fact that her DT tried numerous times for a mistrial on those grounds and were denied at every one of them. Sigh, I just would hate for her to find any little loop hole.

I wonder if Jodi ever thinks back to that moment she first heard the name Juan Martinez, "His name is Juan Martinez and he's the #1 prosecutor," and cringes.

Nothing!! Of course she's referring to pedo letters, but also pics of her with her sis at the time of grandparents robbery, and pics of "bruises," all of which according to her juan "hid" from evidence.

You know what? Even if you wanted to suspend belief and believe the judge would block evidence that helps the defense in a capital murder case....she was asked by juan--LaViolette as well--if she ever "documented" her abuse. If there were pics not allowed into evidence like she claims, juan would have never been able to ask such questions!!!

As we've said before, liar, liar B&W paints on fire!!!

HA! she probably had some pics of herself with photoshopped bruises and the fake pedo letters. JMO.

I just watched the whole video of Jodi after the conviction.
Originally Posted by polleypockets View Post
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...for-Jodi-Arias

This thing is unbelievable and still even after being found guilty of first degree murder is still trying one last time to trash Travis.She is beyond evil and is trying to get people, including the jury to believe she would rather get death than spend the rest of her life in prison.
I really hope she does get the death penalty as this piece of garbage should be the poster girl for death penalties.
It is really sad she is still trying to trash MR Alexander and the only way it will stop is for her to die.
The world can go on without her and her death would not be any lose to society.
There is absolutely no remorse or any human qualities in her what so ever.
I hope the jury can follow through and give her what she deserves.

BBM: Yep! And she is still blaming others as well...saying the verdict was reached because the prosecutor was "shady" and that people in general had the need to "persecute" her.

Not one word about her actions putting her where she is. As Juan stressed over and over to the jury...no matter what happens it's always someone else to blame; nothing is ever her fault.

Not at all!

I kept replaying the verdict and then her awful interview in my head. I would be happy then disgusted. I wanted to get that interview out of my head. I wanted to feel at peace knowing she got what she deserved but I just couldn't get that out of my head. I was so frustrated. I feel like a shlub today because my sleep was so discombobulated. Ugh! Imagine how the jury feels!
While the jury may be emotionally/mentally drained from the guilt phase of the trial, I sure hope none of them saw her interview. On the other hand, if they had, then they would likely feel as repulsed by her utter lack of remorse, the "poor me" attitude, her refusal to accept responsibility for her actions and her continued attempts to trash Travis despite the jury's clear repudiation of her bogus claims about him.

Good Morning sleuthers!

<sigh> Anyone else feel like they just got off of a very long roller coaster ride?

Thank you for looking.

I had to watch the verdict on HLN because I could not get any internet courtroom coverage to load.

HLN only showed Arias. Then they showed a split screen of Arias and everyone outside of the court (with sound).

After the jury left - HLN stopped airing the courtroom footage.

Hopefully, someone has the 4 camera angles and 45 minutes of the courtroom after the verdict - and, will post it.

Travis Alexander's Friends & Family Reactions As Jodi Arias Trial Verdict is Read in Court

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiXwKEnqxDc

I wonder if there's a "model prisoner" card JA can play at mitigation, since she's burnt the remorse card and stomped on its ashes?

she's hardly a model prisioner she has been disciplined more than once. hiding pens several times,having unauthorized items and being in a fight which she claimed was "self defense"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998