Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After pondering and getting over my initial shock of the mistrial, I will not be upset if Arias gets LWOP. I was adamant about her getting the DP, but after thinking on it for many hours I believe in my heart she will get the DP even if a jury doesn't sentence her to it.

Let me explain....

I remember years ago when I was living in Milwaukee and Jeffery Dahmer was sent to jail, I told my co-workers at lunch break that he will be killed in jail. I just knew it and I know it will happen to this murderer.

She is not a likable person although she thinks she is. She will not be able to manipulate, manipulators she will not be able to con, cons. But she will try and that will be her biggest mistake.

Perhaps she will get the same type of death penalty she inflicted on poor sweet Travis. Instead of quietly going to sleep someone will show her how she hurt and tortured Travis, without even knowing it.

Then she will truly wish she had been put on death row.

There is no doubt in my mind she will get the death penalty, even if she gets sentenced to LWOP.

JMHO
:seeya:

I thought the same thing. Prisoners can acquire the celebrity of a notorious criminal by killing that criminal. It's primitive, but hey, jail is a primitive setting. It reminds me of tribal lore that you eat the heart of a lion to gain his courage. The prisoner who kills Arias acquires her cold vicious reputation of fear.

Prison management knows that she presents a target because of her arrogance and the fact that she would never submit to the order of the prison gang system. She will always be in protective closed custody, which is the same as the death row 23 hours a day in solitary.

The only reason I am not ok with that is one fine day, the citizens of Arizona could change the laws, or find something done today is no longer considered legal, or the Alexander family fails to show up at a parole hearing, or an earthquake or a prison break or a fire puts Jodi Arias, soulless imitation human, out on the street to kill the next person she thinks "abused" her.

LOL, sounds like the foreman was all for life. Good riddance to him.

Next jury has to be better than this last one.....

I have an idea for Juan;

Next time, he should say : Imagine if it were Travis that pre-meditated this crime and killed Jodi in this cruel way : Imagine that he stabbed her in the heart, then proceeded to stab her 29 times, and then slashed her throat, THEN shot her and stuffed her in the shower to rot. Would you think he deserved the death penalty??

I think this will really bring it into light for the next jury, and take away the "woman" bias. He needs to make the jury aware of this bias, so they are aware of it and can catch themselves in deliberations if they start to cut her some slack.

I believe that he should be allowed by law to say that at least in his closing remarks. And I guarantee you just that visual will clear up this "woman" problem we seem to have with this jury. If the jurors are made aware ahead of time that there might be this bias, I think it will go a long, long way in them recognizing it and stopping it. If they're not made aware, they might not even realize they are doing it.

I think Juan was afraid to "go there" b/c he was afraid of alienating jurors. But he NEEDS to go there. The reality is that this looming "woman" thing is a problem, and it's there, and he needs to address it to the next jury.

Thank you.

Another clip I hadn't seen. So is he saying they all expressed their individual opinions but did not try to influence one another? Isn't that the point of deliberations? Isn't there a difference between influence and coerce? What's the point of a foreman if they just express their feelings and sign the verdict form?

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2407461515001

I think Wilmott and Nurmi should donate their services. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think they know the most they're likely to do is sign the agreement to LWOP and no appeals in June. At least that's my hope, otherwise I might just call the whole thing a *Travisty. ;)

*Just trying to lighten the mood a little, I know everyone is disappointed and confused. Have no fear, Juan is here, Justice is coming. :)

we could have a contest for this! i was thinking 'that jury could come back any minute and we haven't even seen the grand canyon yet. screw it. LET'S GO!!'

Here would be my question for SA: She claims they were told it was only a jury question . Told by WHOM? Some friend that was watching HLN or listeneing to the radio? How is it that the Alexander friends and family and the media all managed to show up because they knew something big was about to happen and she didn't have a clue?

I thought the same thing. Prisoners can acquire the celebrity of a notorious criminal by killing that criminal. It's primitive, but hey, jail is a primitive setting. It reminds me of tribal lore that you eat the heart of a lion to gain his courage. The prisoner who kills Arias acquires her cold vicious reputation of fear.

Prison management knows that she presents a target because of her arrogance and the fact that she would never submit to the order of the prison gang system. She will always be in protective closed custody, which is the same as the death row 23 hours a day in solitary.

The only reason I am not ok with that is one fine day, the citizens of Arizona could change the laws, or find something done today is no longer considered legal, or the Alexander family fails to show up at a parole hearing, or an earthquake or a prison break or a fire puts Jodi Arias, soulless imitation human, out on the street to kill the next person she thinks "abused" her.

BBM

How do we know that? LWOP in Arizona, according to the TH's (ok ok :floorlaugh:) is 3 years in protective custody, then into genpop for good behavior.

JA needs to be in a cage for the rest of her life, no interaction with anyone, ever. Let her stew and go mad, she'll wish she got the DP.

O/T-
I appreciate your entire post, but I wanted to ask about what I bolded.
My son has a brand new treadmill waiting to be set up and that sentence scared the carp out of me. It is the mom in me speaking, but is there anything you can tell me to help him avoid something like this?

If you do not wish to post about it that is OK, I would understand. TIA

PS- Mods if this is not OK, feel free to delete, TY.
sending you a PM in a few minutes

GMA Elizabeth Vargas' interview with jury foreman

Elizabeth Vargas: Let's bring in now the jury foreman, Bill Z.
Good morning Bill, it's really great to have you here.
You did say

Jury Foreman, Bill Z: And.. so.. we

EV: You had a hard time believing she would be capable of .. of just looking at her, that she could be capable of doing this.

Jury Foreman Bill Z:
Yeah, that true
I mean when I walked in the courtroom, the first time
And .. and looked at who the defendant was ..
You.. you know it's hard to put that in perspective
When you look at a young woman and think of the crime.
And then you see the brutality of the crime, it just doesn't wash.
So it's very difficult to... to .. d d divert umm divest yourself from.. from the personal... from the emotional part of it.

EV: You did find her guilty of killing another man, and taking another life.
You said you did not believe her story that she murdered Travis Alexander in self defense.
But you say you do believe that Travis Alexander did emotionally and mentally abuse Jodi.

Jury Foreman Bill Z: I'm .. I'm very sure in my own mind, that she was ah mentally and verbally abused.
Now, is that an excuse.. of course not.
Does it factor in to decisions that we make...it.. it has to.

EV: Do you think she did herself any favors on the stand ..
Ah there has been a lot of debate over whether those 18 days of testimony helped or hurt her.

Jury Foreman Bill Z: No, I think 18 days hurt her.
I think she was not a good witness .. ummm

EV: Because?

Jury Foreman Bill Z: We go we go into .. we're charged .. we're charged with going into presuming innocence, right.
Umm, but she was on the stand for so long.
There were so many contradicting stories..
Uh, I think th.. the way the prosecutor umm.. was with her.. he's known for an aggressive style.
I think it was very hard.. I think it would be difficult for anybody.
I don't think I want to sit on the stand for 18 days.
Umm, but I don't think it did her any good, no that length of time,
no I don't think it did her any good at all.

EV: And you did say the most gut wrenching part of this entire experience for you was listening to the family of Travis Alexander talk about their lose. What was that like?

Jury Foreman Bill Z: Yeah, that's a great question, Elizabeth.. if only I had a good answer.
Until you're face to face with people that have gone through something like that
It's .. it's something that you can't put into words.
I'm six feet away from somebody talking about a horrendous loss...
And .. if you can't feel that then.. then you have no emotion.. no soul.
And yet we couldn't allow ourselves to be emotional on the stand.
We couldn't allow ourselves to.... to show emotion..
Although, I'm sure some came through.
And I'm very proud of my.. my peers and my jurors that were with us..
Um because they did a fantastic job of .. of holding it together.
Different story once we got back in the jury room.
It was a gut wrenching thing that we had to go through.
And everybody.. had to make their own decision.

EV: Bill Z, thank you so much for your service on the jury and for joining us this morning. We appreciate it.

Jury Foreman Bill Z: Well it was my pleasure, thank you

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jodi-arias-jury-foreman-tells-gma-how-they-reached-verdict-and-then-didnt/

i find that hard to believe. whatever they were told it was, they should have been NEARBY in case they had to get there in a hurry. everybody else got there. nobody knew what was coming but everyone was rounded up. i think they got caught out by the jury coming back and really were off snapping photos at the grand canyon. now she's just trying to cover her a$$.

I think their job / duty as props had ended when the jury left to deliberate that last time.

Thread: Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4
View Single Post
post_old.gif
Yesterday, 03:00 PM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing CommunityWebsleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_online.gif

As we move toward the consensus of Moon on its Node in Scorpio (16°), if a hold-out is blocking the foreman's pronouncement of sentence, that would be Pluto r. What is needed is a skilled interlocutor to draw that person out. Pluto not only stands apart, silent & detached from the jury, he harbors his real objection in private. If foreman or another talented juror can elicit what that is, we'll be home. The Moon reaches Node just before 4:00 p.m.

Some Sleuths have asked about the post made yesterday as we were waiting for the jury's verdict. Here it is.

Many posters still think that Arias mother Sandy was at the Grand Canyon yesterday. She was in Phoenix according to Troy Hayden's twitter.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 19h
Just got off the phone with #jodiarias mom Sandy. Says she was in town the whole time. Disappointed another jury has to be sat. #fox10

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 19h
#jodiarias mom Sandy was here PHX. Says she got bad info from court. Says she wasn't told about jury decision. Why she wasn't there.

Neverthless, she still didn't make it in to the courthouse. Just clearing up the GC rumour.

BBM: :waitasec: That's an interesting thought, PP !

Do you think they had a scuffle over something ?

:seeya:

They are lying.

With twitter and social media, anyone with an iPhone or iPad gets instant updates. The court sends out equal notification to both families.

The illusion of family support is revealed for what it really is--a free trip to Arizona, all expenses paid by supporters who are more invested that the Arias family.

Shoot - I AM MORE INVESTED THAN THE ARIAS FAMILY AND SO ARE MOST OF YOU! I canceled my plans to stay right by the TV for the verdict. What we can't wrap our mind around is how a loving family can enjoy (Grand Canyon, the Mall, Applebees, whatever) without keeping an eye on the iPhone or TV for a verdict coming.

Very telling indeed.

The other part of the interview with the foreman that I hadn't seen before. I'm madder than I've ever been! She is a human. She did something horrible but why did she do it?'

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2407451853001

OMG ... "She's a human" ...

No, dude, you got it wrong again ... she's a convicted murderer !

:seeya: And THANKS Rose for posting this -- I had not seen it !

Hang on...marking my spot until I bring over the video.

Must see video. She is just like Jodi...without all the lies.

Ah! So refreshing !!!!

I love an honest psychopath! IMO She is no different than Jodi, the ONLY difference. This one isn't a liar!!!

IMO behind the mask and the lies this is how Jodi's mind works. Cold, goal driven and remorseless

Psychopath all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek: :eek:

Gotta give her credit for being honest, but WOW. Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88