Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by SoSueMe, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

No she doesn't.

I can't imagine Angie taking too kindly to such a blatant liar.

2. Maryann123

Maryann123 New Member

Posted by Litigatrix, and brought over........
    The jury foreperson is usually a strong-minded individual...but some of the statements that he made seem to show that he was rigid in his opinions and may have leaned on some of the less sure jurors...."We couldn't allow ourselves" "My jurors""It had to"...I have mixed emotions about it I guess, because that's the purpose of deliberations, but him speaking in absolutes just rubs me the wrong way. What do you think? BBM...

"But we couldn't allow ourselves to be emotional and for that I am very proud of my jurors, they did a fantastic job of holding it together - though it was a different story when we got into the jury room. Speaking about Travis Alexander, he said: 'I am very sure in my own mind that Jodi was mentally and verbally abusedby him (not by Mr. Alexander..by "him") . Is that an excuse? Of course not. Did it factor into the decision we made? It has to."

It hit me the same way. He actually seemed to be proud of himself, and felt what they did was a great job. It's only a great job if you wanted to save Jodi from the DP. I think having some witnesses that would testify as to Travis's true character would have helped to sway a few of the 4 jurors to see the other side, but not this guy. First of all, he couldn't get past the fact that Jodi could have done it, (physical size) and if she hadn't admitted it, I'm not sure he would have found her guilty of 1st degree murder. It's pure luck that we aren't here crying over that fact. I wasn't impressed with the foreman. I've read that it takes a narcissist to live with another narcissist, so maybe that's what we've got here. He sure thinks a lot of himself. He reminds me of Casey Anthony's foreman. He came off smug, and all-knowing, too ! Yes, I am blaming this juror for the no-decision. You won't insult me by disagreeing with me, but I won't be moved by it.

3. sacrablue

sacrablue New Member

Just guessing but I would imagine most of the blood would be dissolved off the articles no?

4. AlwaysShocked

AlwaysShocked Well-Known Member

Not impressed at all with jury foreman. Too many "I"s and did I hear "my jury"? WTF?

Perhaps a longer interview and including more members of the jury would provide a more clear picture.

5. kscornfed

kscornfed Active Member

i thought he denied that. do we know it happened?

6. joypath

joypath Well-Known Member

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Saw that claim (really, a 2007 Super Bowl jersey??, MAROON floor mats???), his question (can it be used by JM) and the follow-up quote of "remember my name".......and then filed it neatly away with the Jodi Arias-type persona of trying for 15 or more minutes of FAME! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

BUT.....as you stated above....."Stranger things have happened" and this would be the case for them! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

7. Nhic

Nhic New Member

JA 20 years from now (age progression software)

[​IMG]

8. Charterhouse

Charterhouse New Member

Thanks Jella. I had not seen this.

It sure sounds grim.

I don't think the TH on tv have any idea of what goes on at Perryville.

One TH this am said it was better at Perryville than where she is now.

Thanks again.

9. TudorRose

TudorRose New Member

It was posted on her sister's Facebook page that she was at the Grand Canyon (pictures included) yesterday. Her page is public. I have no idea if Jodi's mother was there with the sister or not.

10. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

Honestly, no, I don't. :twocents:

11. dog.gone.cute

dog.gone.cute Kyron Horman - Missing Since 6-4-10

The denial was for HIM -- not his producer ... But his producer's name was on the jail visit logs for Jodi ...

I wish I had the link but I don't ... and it was reported on HLN ...

12. verbonica

verbonica Well-Known Member

Nobody said that these things were IN the river...

Nevertheless, it's just another rumor until verified.

13. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

I doubt it.

Angie values honesty too much. She wears hers like a badge of honor.

14. Nhic

Nhic New Member

Before the non-verdict was announced yesterday, Beth Karas said JA was crying in the courtroom. I suspect she was crying because she'd just been told her mother wouldn't be in the courtroom at the reading of the verdict.

15. outofstatelawyer

outofstatelawyer New Member

I did a bit of research, and it looks like judges in AZ (in most counties) are appointed and then face a retention vote during elections. So, while not as prone to political considerations as judges who are directly elected every 4 years, I think JSS is very mindful that sentencing the Defendant to life with the possibility of parole might be a political disaster for the Judge. (Only 2 judges have been ousted by retention elections since 1974, but this case is huge).

I don't think JSS was biased as much as she was bending over backwards to limit appellate issues (nothing wrong with that). What I do criticize her for is inconsistency in evidentiary rulings, and an absurd number of sidebars. Most of the sidebars were due to Wilmott and Nurmi's lack of knowledge on how to make a proper objection. She allowed this trial to go on twice as long as it should have. She is lucky she only lost 3 jurors.

16. Nhic

Nhic New Member

:seeya:

Who is Angie?

17. travelgal

travelgal New Member

BRAVO!! Great post!

18. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Inactive

Maybe JA was crying 'cause JW didn't bring her fave eye shadow shade...

19. kscornfed

kscornfed Active Member

we could have a contest for this! i was thinking 'that jury could come back any minute and we haven't even seen the grand canyon yet. screw it. LET'S GO!!'

20. Nana46

Nana46 Runs with Scissors

This will mean nothing to anyone but me but here goes..I saw on my twitter that you can play (if you can call it that) and pick the crimes and match them with five pictures of recently arrested folks.....I have only managed to get 2 right in nine or ten times I have played that.....it goes to show that you cannot (juries are you listening?) pick people who LOOK like they committed a crime....you might think they look like someone evil but then their crime would come up to be something simple...the more heinous crimes and the perpetrators were more shocking at least to me. IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.