Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the links to the other interviews with the foreman, guys, I really appreciate it.

I have to say his interview with AZ central was much better than the GMA one.

I think he just got semi-duped by her, so I can't really fault him for that I guess. I mean it is what it is. She has that way. What can we say? I don't think there is anything anyone can say that would change his mind on JUST HOW EVIL she is...he seems pretty set on the "verbal abuse" stuff. What I found very interesting when Juror 8 was being interviewed by DDrew for the first time, was when he said he believed SOME of the things she said on the stand, but nothing relating to the murder. I found that to be very interesting, b/c I didn't believe ANY of it. But Juror 8 said he believed some things that were not that "out there" and WHICH HE THOUGHT SHE WOULD HAVE NO REASON TO LIE ABOUT.

I think if we take these two views together - juror 8, who believed SOME things (although not related to the murder), and juror 18 who also believed some....then we are kind of piecing together that yes, the jurors didn't have a full view of how manipulative/evil she is. They don't get that SHE LIES FOR NO REASON. That she does things for the pure satisfaction of duping people. That's what she did to Travis until he got so fed up he couldn't take it anymore.

It seems clear to me after just these two jurors, that we have a much better idea of who she is b/c of all the outside things we've seen. So maybe we can't blame the foreman too much. I think there will also be others who say they believed some things she said. It's b/c it's not in normal people's nature to just lie and cause misery for people. Like Sleuth was saying, they were trying to look at her from the perspective of a normal person, b/c they are supposed to presume innocent, which they equate with "normal."

No clue....he disgusts me. Talking about dealing with a human...Jodi. What was Travis to him?? A used car part??? :banghead:

An abusing dildo with a heartbeat. Can I say that ? :scared:

My ex-DH was incarcerated in the San Juan Facility at Perryville from 1983-88. (I divorced him in 1985) It was a med/min facility then. San Juan was medium. You can look his Prison Id #37426 in the ADOC inmate data search. This was the last time he was incarcerated in Az, his previous incarcerations at Ft. Grant and Florence are not listed because their data base doesn't go that far back for repeat offenders. He went on to be incarcerated in California at Folsum, Solidad, and San Quentin. He was looking at a 3rd strike on his last offense, but San Jose, Cali. LE had beaten him so incredibly during his arrest (an illegal search when he was walking in the park) that they feared a lawsuit and cut him loose. They shattered the entire side of his face and his hip, among other things.

I have no sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. I was a stupid naive 17 year old who had never been exposed to the "Dark Side", and had known him from the time I was 6. He was a Marine with an honorable discharge. His sister was taken in by my folks as a foster for 7 years.

He became addicted to morphine while serving, guarded the medical tent. He was also on body bag duty, the planes would come in state, off load the dead, and he was one of those who had to inventory the body bag and compare the weight of the contents from where it came from to it's destiny. He also became a part of the military group that was portrayed in the movie "American Gangster". (I will NOT discuss the liberties or omissions that the movie misrepresented) When discharged he became a heroin addict, he was a member of the Old Mexican Mafia and the Nuestra Familia, 2 rival Ariz/Calif gangs, only because his brother in law, George Solano was a top dog in the NF in Cali. Both gangs were "blood in, blood out".

I can promise you all, that CMja will not make it in prison. Perryville was hard when my ex was in there. The guards will look away, rather then insert themselves in the middle of something. I personally "witnessed" an inmate RAPE his girlfriend on a picnic bench while there for a visitation one evening. She was screaming for help, and the guards turned their backs. I was strip searched on one visitation, with no exclamation, when showing up for another visit. Seems my ex had a scam going on and there were "gals" bringing in drugs to him. When he tried to assault me that evening during visitation, I ran to the sally port and the guards opened it up for me, closing it just as he got to it. One of the guards who took me back to the main entrance on the bus, gave me the low down.

He told me I did not belong in this environment, I was different than all the other women coming to see their husbands, and boyfriends. Everyone who was incarcerated in prison found "Jesus", it was just all part of the game while the inmates con their loved ones into bringing contraband into the prison and put money on their books. He told me I deserved and should demand better of myself. I was educated, I worked, I had a 2 year old daughter. My ex was being investigated for the murder of a top MM down in Florence, evidently "kites" had been found in his possession and eluded to the hit being orchestrated. The guard told me to get the hell out of there and never turn back.

Perryville is much worse now. It is a medium/maximum facility. These inmates have nothing but time on their hands to devise new ways of making weapons. Newspaper can be made into a shiv, a light bulb can be used to create an inferno in a cell, hooch can be made toxic to it's intended victim. No matter where you are placed, SOMEONE can always get to you, even in PC or solitary confinement.

CMja has no "Game", she has no affiliation, she's from Cali, and has no family in prison.

Like I said before, she is toast.

That being said, any talk about CMja having a cushy life in prison or getting less than Life (with or without parole) or DP should just be dropped. She will experience Hell on Earth. I can guarantee it. And that's not my opinion, it's the facts.

Thank you. That's what I'm saying too. I saw children being conceived during visitation when my son was in minimum security--and the guards looked the other way. It was pretty disgusting since the woman was in her fifties and the inmate looked about nineteen, but they didn't care. They just smiled.

That's exactly what I think! He gets up at 4 AM to do the GMA interview. Imagine how surprised his fellow jurors were when they got up and found out he blindsided them.

I wondered which way the foreman voted. I think he should do a little research if he is familiar with the internet. Heck, even listen to Jodi's interviews, especially where she is asked about Travis' last words.
Jodi has been being sneaky and stalkerish since she was a teen, I'd dare say she was a pro by the time she got to Travis. And anyone who believes TA asked that little hoots for a b--j soon after in a car, out of the blue, is a fool. Arias set the tone and covered her tracks, a master manipulator--why every boyfriend and she, herself says she wouldn't harm a spider.
The truth is Travis did treat her well compared to her stalking, controlling, snooping and when he decided--there was something off about that girl and she didn't suit for marriage....she flipped everything around and starting doubling down on her evilness till she murdered him in premeditated, savage cold blood.....she been trying to do again for 5 years to TA and his family/friends. When is enough?

:seeya:

By a show of thanks for this post, who thinks we would have had a real Life or Death Verdict if (just hypothetically) JUROR #8 had not been released, but made it into the deliberation room, and served as the Foreman??

This juror was not going to change his mind no matter what. Perhaps the other three felt the same way. :fence:

I have tried 1000 times, never works. Possibly because I am on my macbook?

Possibly macbook-related yes—this is a Java-based IRC. Apple disabled Java in OS X because of some security issues. You can, if you want to, install Java or you can use an IRC client like Linkinus.

Or not. There's nobody but me in there now anyway. :) A bunch of regulars are planning to meet up there next Tuesday at 10:00am AZ time.

salespeople. I can see her holding court in jail among shoplifters, prostitutes, petty criminals but I'm not seeing the same kind of fawning admiration in the big house. There's only one prison for women right? So, all the worst of the worst women in AZ are there. That's gotta be a fair amount.

When it gets real for her and her time has run out at Estrella, she will start to manipulate and spin webs like a spider again. She will use those inmates left who still worship her to help pave her way at Perryville.

She knows she's going to have to step carefully so she gets that balance just right between deference/respect and obsequious.

Her fear will be palpable and fear smells really bad.

She will learn the hard way.

Can't say I'll lose any sleep over it.

OMG I'm going to scream. More carp from the foreman!

After five harrowing months, it was the ending no one wanted.

"My stomach was shaking, my hands were shaking because of the impact of the decision we had just made." Said Bill Zevakos, the jury foreman in the Jodi Arias trial who is speaking out about what happened behind closed doors during jury deliberations.

The jury was deadlocked 8-4, with the majority reportedly voting to sentence Arias to death.

INSIDE EDITION'S Paul Boyd asked, "Do you have any sense of not finishing the job here?"

Zevakos replied, "Absolutely and it had a very strong impact on all of us."

Zevakos won't say which way he voted but reveals there were moments when emotions in th ejury room reached the boiling point..

Boyd asked, "Were there moments of contention during the death penalty phase?"

Zevakos replied, "There were moments of contention all the way through because every decision we made was huge. Everybody is so emotionally charged and we're having to control those emotions and it's only fair when does emotions bubble over but we're able to reel it back in."

He said Jodi's 18 days on the stand actually hurt her case.

Zevakos said, "She was obviously lying about things and you know what happens when you tell a lie, you have to tell another lie and another lie. The longer she was on the stand the worse it was for her in that case."

But the foreman said he did believe her claims that Travis Alexander abused her.

"I do believe that she was emotionally and verbally abused." Said Zevakos

He said he'll never forget the moment the guilty verdict was delivered.

Zevakos recalled, "I had vowed that I wasn't going to look at her but I did and seeing her face when that verdict was read, I will remember forever."

The suffering of Travis Alexander's family had a profound impact.

Zevakos said, "You can't listen to that kind of hurt, the pain, the anguish, and not be touched."

And get this, he says he would actually like to reach out to Arias.

Boyd asked, "What would you say to Arias if you had a moment with her?"

Zevakos replied, "Yeah, I'd really like to talk to Jodi. But I'd like to ask her the questions that everybody wants to ask her. What really happened?"

Haven't seen this.. but :stormingmad: because HE COULD HAVE F'N ASKED HER ANY QUESTION HE WANTED TO.. SUBMIT A JUROR QUESTION.. umm ok going to STFU now.. Nuff said

Geeez, what happened to all of those "I just LOVE this jury" and "These jurors are SO smart" comments of about a week ago...? :facepalm:

Last week they were smart and lovable. This week, not so much. At least some of them.

:seeya:

By a show of thanks for this post, who thinks we would have had a real Life or Death Verdict if (just hypothetically) JUROR #8 had not been released, but made it into the deliberation room, and served as the Foreman??

Just solely based on what I have heard so far that could be possible. I may change my mind if other members of the jury speak. So far from what the foreman said 'in my opinion' I think he was looking for a reason why CKJA did this as opposed to just thinking she was an evil person that couldn't have the man she wanted...so she killed him.

Do you have any way to do a screen shot or something to see what was said?

just curious

The sister's FB account is public. If you have a FB account, just type her name (Angela Grayson) and it will come up. She doesn't say anything about her mother being there with her, but I do believe she was.

understand that in televised trails the watching public actually knows MUCH more than the jurors do. He was really convinced they had superior knowledge despite clear evidence to the contrary. Strange. He seemed to think the public was uniformed and rabidly against this poor "human" who must have had a reason to kill. But, we actually do know better.

Maybe Mr. Foreman was speaking of the public not knowing what went on with the jurors during the 5 mo. trial. He's at least right about that.

How funny that the Alexanders showed up, even if it was "just a question". If the Arias' honestly gave a flip about CMja, they would have been 10 minutes away and there for EVERYTHING that happened involving the jury.
I WON'T give them a "pass" on this.
And as far as convicted Felon/Arsonist DB? Someone there in her PO's office has a lot of explaining to do and if we don't see a parole revocation here real quick, someone needs to be fired. I'll bet money on it that "gainful employment" and "no contact with convicted felons" are part of her parole requirements.

Yes, where was her family? They were with the convicted arsonist somewhere...?

Really, WTH is going on here?

Possibly macbook-related yes—this is a Java-based IRC. Apple disabled Java in OS X because of some security issues. You can, if you want to, install Java or you can use an IRC client like Linkinus.

Or not. There's nobody but me in there now anyway. :) A bunch of regulars are planning to meet up there next Tuesday at 10:00am AZ time.

i have java and it still doesn't work on the mac.

I think that last text he sent her saying shes a sociopath and the worst thing that ever happened to him, and that she had scammed him, made her feel defiant and threatened. I suspect at that moment she decided to go thru with what she had thought about doing to him for some time. Killing him.
I also suspect the phone sex recording was recorded without his knowledge, maybe even a scripted fantasy phone sex appt., to be used as blackmail in case travis discovered her scamming him.

I'll go a step further and say that it is likely that Travis had some knowledge of illegal doings on JA's part and that is what he meant when he said that soon everyone would know and would spit in her face.

He caught her stealing or skimming (stealing) or some other easily proved crime and was gonna blow the whistle soon. It wasn't Cancun, or being called a sociopath, IMO, it was something else.

Lol, follow your bliss guy. Can't get away from him on PBS, although I do kind of like Dyer.

And remember that Your "Erroneous Zones" by Wayne Dyer was the self help book that Dr. Dick (samuels) sent to JA

Yikes :scared: :scared:

Easy to imagine they were smart and savvy-now that the Foreman speaks I'm amazed they even convicted her. I'm assuming other jurors understood better their role but from what the Foreman said, smart isn't what comes to mind

Geeez, what happened to all of those "I just LOVE this jury" and "These jurors are SO smart" comments of about a week ago...? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer