Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point yesterday after the verdict I had to get off the forum. I understand the disappointment, anger and especially sorrow for the Alexanders. But there were a number of posts that were more than that, attacks/namecalling/hate on the jurors. I'm disappointed in that, because I thought this forum was better than that. There are some that are truly treating this like she was aquitted and I'm sorry but I don't understand that frame of mind. The woman was convicted of murder one. The cruelty aspect of it pretty much insures (IMO) that she wouldn't get parole. But reading on here yesterday, I saw comparisons to Casey Anthony. Let me say, Anthony is sipping lattes' right now in the comfort of whatever home she's in. Tell me how that compares to Arias, who at bare minimum will be stuck staring at bars for very likely the rest of her natural life?

I also keep seeing people say 'well they agreed to cruelty, why not dp' and 'they agreed to dp on the juror form'. One has nothing to do with the other IMO. When a juror says they are open to the DP, that means they are open to consider the DP. When the jurors agreed to cruelty, that meant that the crime warrented consideration of the DP, not automatically she deserved the DP.

It very easy and convienent to throw stones and hurl insults at the jurors from the luxury of sitting behind a computer monitor or mobile device when you weren't in that room. Those 4 people believed, in their opinion, that there was mitigating factors and because their opinion doesn't jive with the majority, they all of a sudden are subjected to all sorts of nasty comments. One of these days every one of us will have a strong opinion or conviction that doesn't not agree with the majority, whether that be among a group of friends or a jury deliberation room. I challenge anyone to stand by their convictions, even if others are screaming their head off at them, because it's what they believe. That takes a lot of courage and I applaud all the jurors for taking to time to discuss it and take their time until it was obvious there was no movement.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is something fundamentally wrong with the way this country decides how to determine the DP. Perhaps more scutiny should be directed at that instead of the people who are subjected to the process. It's very easy to say 'why didn't they just cave in and agree' but doing that on a murder conviction versus doing that on a life/death situation is apples and oranges. We are brought up in a society where life is taught to be precious to get some guy/gal off the street and give them the ultimate decision on condemning a person, so matter who it is, is not an easy thing, nor is it an easy decision. Hopefully many people, especially those who want to cast stones, never have to go through that.

I could not agree more, as I stated several times last night. To come on here today and see so much misdirected anger still going on is sad. I'm sure Travis and his siblings would not approve of flaming and trashing this jury. Has there not been enough trashing of the innocent already in this case? I think I'll step away for a awhile in hopes that some can deal with the reality that CMja is the only one that should be "accused" here, and not the innocent victims dragged into this. Enough already with the "I didn't get my way so I'm going to trash those responsible attitudes. That sounds like something CMja would be saying in her next interview were she allowed one.

I sat through 5 long months of dragging the innocent through the mud, I won't be a part of like behavior for those who want to do likewise. Later. :seeya:

After pondering and getting over my initial shock of the mistrial, I will not be upset if Arias gets LWOP. I was adamant about her getting the DP, but after thinking on it for many hours I believe in my heart she will get the DP even if a jury doesn't sentence her to it.

Let me explain....

I remember years ago when I was living in Milwaukee and Jeffery Dahmer was sent to jail, I told my co-workers at lunch break that he will be killed in jail. I just knew it and I know it will happen to this murderer.

She is not a likable person although she thinks she is. She will not be able to manipulate, manipulators she will not be able to con, cons. But she will try and that will be her biggest mistake.

Perhaps she will get the same type of death penalty she inflicted on poor sweet Travis. Instead of quietly going to sleep someone will show her how she hurt and tortured Travis, without even knowing it.

Then she will truly wish she had been put on death row.

There is no doubt in my mind she will get the death penalty, even if she gets sentenced to LWOP.

JMHO
:seeya:

Not sure why the movie has the word "Secret" in it. There wasn't a secret about it in the beginning. There are a ton of photographs of the two of them and plenty of witnesses who saw them together.

The term is odd. Embarrassed by her makes sense, as she wasn't good enough to marry is more appropriate. I'd be embarrassed, considering she was so incredibly low rent.

If cutting someone's throat, stabbing them 29 times and shooting them in the head is murder two, what would be considered murder one???? They all voted that it was extremely cruel. Murder two does not have a description of the crime as "extremely cruel".

Not to mention, the mental cruelty that was inflicted on Travis every single time he felt that knife stab his chest, back, head and finally his throat. He was alive for all of that, and was thinking and feeling. He saw himself in the mirror and saw Jodi behind him - torturing him. If that isn't Murder 1 in an extremely cruel manner, than nothing is. The only thing that could have been worse is if she did it again to someone else. Oh yeah, that's right, the police stopped her before she got her chance.

Has the Sheriff offered any explanation as to why Jodi is in seclusion? I'm surprised that she isn't fighting this. Will this last until the end of another trial when she's finally carted off the big girls' house? I don't think she'll like it there. :moo:

Probably because he realizes that's what she's going to be facing ahead, whether it's life or death.

She really doesn't have much to look forward to, no matter what.

IMO

Is Molly33 going to share even one reason why she feels premeditation wasn't proven?

Another thing I've been wondering about, was June 4 the first time Jodi was violent with Travis? Clearly this is all speculation but I have to wonder.

Well....I sure would never let her babysit my dog or cat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam