Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't quite get behind this. Nothing wrong with your opinion of course, but I would rather have one or two convicted jurors hold out when the whole world is going mad with bloodlust. That person may be the only one thinking rationally. It's not easy to escape death row, so I would rather one person that deserves death get life in prison than to have one innocent person get the needle.

:waitasec: Arias was convicted. She's anything but innocent. :waitasec:

jodi_stry_6.jpg

The poster murderess for bloodlust looks like this

Great find Mrs. G. and well worth reposting.

Jodi Arias has only the vaguest nodding acquaintance with reality. She is going to get some drop unless she stops 'taking it on a day-to-day' basis and faces up to her future. I'm sure her lawyers are blue in the face trying to set her straight on what shape her future will entail. And she's all fingers jammed in ears, singing tra-la-lah-la-lah.

Based on what I read earlier in the thread, the DA is "assessing" and there may not be a 2nd try. He has an option to turn it over to the judge and let her decide LWOP or LWP and save a ton of money. He can re-try it too, but it is not carved in stone that it will happen.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but there is the fact that there is an influx of money into the Phoenix area because of this trial and all the media attention. For example, people flying in and staying at hotels, etc, just for the trial. Restaraunts, hotel, stores, and on and on. So I find this point about the wasting of money on 2nd penalty trial to be moot. Arizona has already made money off of the trial, whether they wanted to or not, and so by logic we can say that that extra money could be used for trying the second part. That extra money went into the hands of citizens of Arizona (not by choice), but it is what it is.

I really feel kind of disgusted when people bring up the money thing, considering what I said above.

I feel that if the family wants to, the state should try it again. What can they lose? I've already addressed the money issue. If the 2nd jury can't agree...then it goes to JSS (who would I'm sure give LWOP), same as if they do a plea. THey are not going to somehow do a plea for less than LWOP. If they do sentence to death, then that's a win for the family.

For the reasons above, I feel that the State will re-try.

It's not over yet, but it will be soon! Glad to hear Jodi will be in solitary for the duration and she won't be able to hold court with the media!

"they needed to realize that by not trying to come to a concensus they are going to force this family into having to wait and suffer many more days and months with no resolution."

I'm pretty sure they would not be allowed to factor this in when coming to a verdict.

the part that lost me is that someone died in an uncovered cage without water?? 1:30

Wow. This video brought back to mind a documentary that I saw years ago when Sheriff Arpiao instituted the reforms that have made his prisons the harshest in the country.

I can't help but wonder what then was her point in all that fluff that she would be recycling, teaching reading, and mixing with others when, in fact, she would be isolated?

I wondered about that myself, if she wouldn't be in protected custody due to her celebrity and the desire of demented criminals to become famous for having killed her. The street cred in prison would be quite valuable--which I understand it was why that prisoner killed Jeffrey Dahmer.

IMO per ALV ..the media action against the pony tailed juror was abuse...emotional verbal and physical.....and continuing.....hmmmm wonder IF the CMJA media fan club out there acknowledges this???

I usually think Dr Drew is an idiot, I agree with what you posted he said above.
The justice system isn't about revenge. I understand the families desire for the DP and I wanted it for them because they did.
The best thing they could do now for themselves is to agree to a plea of LWOP. by doing so, they wouldn't be giving Jodi another minute of control or another opportunity to be seen and heard . she would no longer be in control over their lives. All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jodi's isn't finished with Travis' family. Watch for her next crusade on stopping pedophiles like Travis. She'll never stop. If she has any ability to control what happens outside her prison, they will also be in physical danger. She will pick someone to marry that will be easily manipulated to assist with her evil deeds outside of prison. She's not just a sociopath; she's a psychopath.

Did I say earlier that the Alexander Family ought to just come on with their lawsuit at least to stop the little monster in her tracks and disallow any sales.

Well all, It's been an emotional and mentally draining day!! REMEMBER: Travis Alexander's legacy will prevail! God and Juan Martinez will make sure of that!(I just need to remind myself of it too!)

To all of the Alexander Family and Friends; PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU 100%. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP! THERE ARE PLANS BEING MADE FROM ABOVE AND TO WAIT IS WHAT WILL GET THE RESULTS THAT ARE MEANT TO BE! LOVE YOU WITH ALL OUR HEARTS!!

Take care and goodnight to all! :bedtime:

What are the odds Jodi will represent herself in new penalty phase? I think they're quite good.

What has changed about Jodi's conviction of Murder 1 felon status that she's now not allowed media access and in 23 hr lockdown?

I don't get the reasoning that 2 days ago wasn't the same status.

My husband told me that if we were ever in court and if I needed comfort, he would put his arm around me.

I tried to explain to him that was probably not allowed in court.

He didn't care.

We are in the South.

:seeya:

WAR EAGLES!!:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics