Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all go to bed knowing the Prosecutor got a fabulous conviction, Murder 1, premeditated and cruel on this horrible person.

Her sentence will be bleak or bleaker...depending on how she looks at it.

She will wear her unflattering stripes everyday and floppy shoes. They won't give her a book club, a sign language class or make her head of recycling. She is in a stone block cell the size of my smallest bathroom.

At least Travis' murderer is put away for life.

The prosecutor didn't lose, I wish they would stop saying that. Unanimous 12 person Jury Guilty of 1st Degree Murder with Premeditation and extraordinary cruel circumstances. SO 4 Jurors got hung up on the Death Penalty, they are human. Mr Martinez will go around with a new Jury in July for that part. He won, he won big.

I think the Alexander family was vindicated and everyone knows this woman is a liar and everything she said about him was a lie.

This is really a small part they need to do again.. Think of it as a small part, the main huge issues were won with no problem, with this Jury.

Good post and true on a lot of the points.

It is just that this darn trial is not over yet, and I am sure the family wanted it to be over. Being left hanging is an awful thing to have happened at this point. It truly is worse than if LIFE would have been decided. At least then, they could have put this part in the past. But they cant even get this darn trial over with yet.

I cant get over it. It is truly awfull

Please stop posting photos of JA; I just don't want to see that face on here right now.

OMG. I am sorry about that. Words can't even be adequate.

Thank you. It changes your DNA and your life course. It is not explainable and there is no end point in the healing.

But I see for Travis family the full prosecution of JA may be the necessary 1st action they must do to honor their brother. He tried to end it with her and now they are going to finish this task for him.

It's brutal, cruel and unimaginable what that family has had to endure from JA during this process I can NOT imagine the depth of horror and pain.

Published on May 23, 2013
A brief video and reality check of the journey Jodi Arias is facing as the jury decides her fate ~ Whether she gets a death sentence or life without parole she is doomed for the draconic prison called Perryville where she will likely die as she becomes one of the walking dead in the Arizona desert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YJTBLd-72fg#!

I wonder how Juan & Det. Flores are doing tonight....
Juan looked thoroughly disgusted. Yes, we are sending our prayers to Travis's family,
but mine will also include Juan and Det. Flores.

Once a Juanette...
Always a Juanette

:juanettes:

BBM

Agreed. I had never seen that look on Juan's face before. He looked like he just couldn't believe it and like the jury just didn't get it.

I didn't get to see Flores face.

Published on May 23, 2013
A brief video and reality check of the journey Jodi Arias is facing as the jury decides her fate ~ Whether she gets a death sentence or life without parole she is doomed for the draconic prison called Perryville where she will likely die as she becomes one of the walking dead in the Arizona desert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YJTBLd-72fg#!

there we go - the little devil woman used her skills and manipulated the jurors. The family of Travis Alexander suffers.

I cannot stand this...

how sad is this outcome. this killer should not be allowed to see the sunset ever again. did the jury see what I saw? did they truly think they can't decide life or death after seeing how she killed travis alexander? did they see how she planed to kill him? hope the jury watch her interviews after she was convicted .but its too late for them .everytime a jury mock up with facts facing them like a car headlights I think of that case I don't want to think off. after that case I trust no jury.

Juan can be all the bull dog he wants! It's for a good cause! He's fighting for justice for Travis! He has to be the best prosecutor! His passion and compassion are awesome. Juan rocks! Justice will prevail.

On that note I'm off to bed!

I do not believe at ALL that Arpaio will keep Jodi in "Closed Custody" for long. It is a move to hush the people who are incensed with his adoration of her. He is completely smitten by her and will do whatever he can to make her happy.

He is the one that Approved her Media Blitz - he is the one who allowed her special "additional food" that other Prisoners on Trial do not get. He is the one that approved of her NEVER HAVING to be seen in Prison garb by any camera, ever. He is the one who approved her wearing makeup. And he immediately approved any and all reqeusts for media Interviews. He even allowed them to carry on for hours until 12:30 AM

What a lousy excuse for a lawman.

I am VERY disappointed that we didn't get a verdict today. I also wanted death for her as I feel she deserves it. However, people are acting like Jodi is going to be walking into Starbucks tomorrow. She's not! She's at the very least going to jail for the rest of her life THANKS TO THIS JURY. It is just later than sooner. I don't understand the hate for this jury. I am sad and disappointed too, but they found her guilty of Murder 1 which is the most important thing.

I agree with you that there is much to be grateful for these jurors in their UNAMIMOUSLY finding her GUILTY of not only First Degree Murder, but also UNANIMOUSLY found her GUILTY of PREMEDITATION.

I know for me that is very very important and I am appreciative to this jury's unanimous deciding verdict, as well as their also UNANIMOUSLY finding the crime to meet the EXTREMELY CRUEL standard which there for under State of Arizona law MEANS THAT THE CRIME MEETS THE REQUIREMENT OF BEING PUNISHABLE BY THE PENALTY OF DEATH.

This jury, as in each and every single one of the 12 individuals on the sworn and duly impaneled jury UNANIMOUSLY AGREED AND FOUND HER GUILTY of not just the FIRST DEGREE MURDER, but IMO the important key issue is that each and EVERYONE OF THOSE 12 JURORS UNANIMOUSLY found her GUILTY of PREMEDITATED FIRST DEGREE MURDER.

That specific fact is very key along with the second important fact that EACH AND EVERYONE OF THOSE 12 JURORS UNANIMOUSLY found that the First Degree Premeditated Murder for which they ALL found her GUILTY OF, that murder was ESPECIALLY CRUEL..combined with the fact that the Penalty Phase is FULL BURDEN OF PROOF ON DEFENSE to PROVE THERE ARE MITIGATING FACTORS that OUT WEIGH the Aggravating Factor of Extreme Cruelty and in my very strongest opinion it is an absolute fact that this Defense did not Even present a case to prove their client has mitigating factors that Out weigh the FACT THAT THIS VERY JURY FOUND HER PROVEN GUILTY OF THE AGGRAVATING FACTOR OF EXTREME CRUELTY ..

This IMO quite obviously leaves some of us very very questioning of why with FULL UNANIMOUS FINDING OF GUILT OF PREMEDITATED FIRST DEGREE MURDER AND FULL UNANIMOUS OF AGGRAVATING FACTOR OF EXTREME CRUEL MURDER.. This IMO is very important as well as it is very key in what is my personal questioning of how we came to have this official non-verdict was today.. I am one who did not just begin thinking about the possibility of their being a huge breakdown of the process way back at the voir dire of the jurors.. I have been SERIOUSLY pondering this as what could possibly be at play when we learned that there was actual possibility of there being a deadlocked jury of THIS PENALTY PHASE. and my reasoning IS NOT AT ALL about looking for someone to blame, direct my frustration at, or go after with a proverbial pitchfork. My reasoning is much more simple..basic..literal..as in going back and looking at this legal process here that is taking place.

The fact that each and everyone of those jurors WERE UNANIMOUS IN FINDING BOTH that she was GUILTY of Premeditated First degree murder and that the Premeditated murder she was GUILTY OF had the Agg Factor of being ESPECIALLY CRUEL there for leading to a phase where the Defense actually has the full burden of proof on them to prove there are extreme factors that mitigate the fact that their client is found UNANIMOUSLY GUILTY OF AN ESPECIALLY CRUEL PREMEDIATED FIRST DEGREE MURDER and is there for found to be deserving of a penalty of death. Obviously this defense chose NOT TO PUT ON ANY WITNESSES WHATSOEVER TO ATTEMPT TO PROVE MITIGATING FACTORS that outweigh the AGGRAVATING PROVEN FACTOR OF EXTREME CRUELTY.

Well obviously IMO that leaves you with some question in mind as to why when each juror found unanimously the extremely important facts of Guilt of the exact issues that directly lead to the penalty of DEATH and the fact that the defense actually bowed out of even attempting to put on a case to prove there are mitigating factors that out weigh the fact each juror found her GUILTY OF THAT AGG FACTOR THAT LEADS TO THAT PENALTY OF DEATH..

For me it makes me very much question what happened..and I believe it is 100% legitimate questioning that I have..not unfair or baseless questioning as has been accused here, but ather just the exact opposite in there is very good reason and just cause why one has legitimate questions of the very real possibility that it is actually way back at the very early stages during voir dire that the problematic issue that lead to the non-verdict occurred in someone, anyone possibly not being 100% fully honest in their sworn statements of the ability to impose the death penalty if proven that the crime warrants such.

By the very definition of Arizona law this crime was fully warranting of the penalty of death and each everyone of those jurors unanimously found that to be fact as is now official court record in their unanimous finding of phase 1 and most importantly phase 2. I will not again repeat what that obviously means as I've already done above...point is there is very legitimate questioning of did the problematic issue occur very early on in voir dire?.. Moo is its not realistic to believe that given this exact set of facts that the issue could NOT have occurred months ago, early on in this preceding, during voir dire.. Am I statng that it did?.. No, I'm saying IMO its a very realistic possibility that I did not just come to in a knee jerk reaction of needing someone to blame for my frustration..NOT AT ALL!

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

AZ cases where this has happened. It's a strange process that I'd never even heard of before but it seems to work fairly well for the prosecution. I just feel beyond horrible for that poor family.

Me too.

Thank you. Is there certain things that they will or will not be able to discuss or is everything up for fair game? Would Juan be able to use these last interviews, the comments from twitter and all her other antics against her?

Side note: I feel for this jury. How must they feel right now? Bet with negative comments form the public they feel like they completely let the Alexanders down along with the public. Hope after the shock of today people realize they have been busting their butts and just like our emotions their emotions are running high. We basically have all of trial to talk it out with each other and listen to each others opinions hash and rehash all the testimony as much as we want. Things that we may have overlooked we have hundreds of people who did not over look it. To be honest things went right over my head until someone said it and then it hit me in the head and thought OMG how did I not catch that. Hope they can find peace with their decision and hope that soon they feel comfortable talking about the case as I want to know how they are feeling right now.

They can only talk about what's relevant to sentencing. Perhaps there are parts of the interviews that may be relevant. But JM really has enough right now. Especially with a new jury. BTW, I;m guessing the holdout was the guy who blushed a lot.

The prisons are filling up with girl gang members. They could be a vicious as jodi. She would have to watch her back all the time. They would be offended by her trying to turn the prison into her playpen. With that said, prison officials have said if she gets life she will be in maximum security. She would be in a cell by herself. No contact with other inmates. No book clubs. Only the cracks in the wall to talk to.

Here's what life is like at the jail, or was until she was sentenced: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR7kE-sOyVw

Here's an article regarding whether jodi is being realistic about what she'll be able to do in prison: http://www.azfamily.com/news/The-truth-behind-Jodi-Arias-grand-plans-for-prison-208611471.html

Here's a video and an article about what death row will be like for jodi: http://www.azfamily.com/news/3TV-ta...-the-womens-prison-in-Goodyear-206054551.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07