Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm just putting this out there. Think "Laws of Attraction" and the Theory.

Ok, everyone think back the past month at least, how many times have we posted, or seen posted

"OMG what will I do when it ends LOL we won't know what to do with ourselves!"

"Aren't you all thinking we will miss this, the getting together, not the murder, the gathering everyday?"

"If this ends, I will be forced to clean my house"

OK ladies and gentleman, some of you have been sending vibes a bit too strong and they penetrated the LOA Atmosphere and in fact the Trial did not end today.

That is just a word of caution next time we start to get emotional about a Trial coming to an end. Just saying...

:saber:

That's like.. their opinion, man.
His style gets the job done. If he was the prosecutor for which my family was the victim, this is the style I would want.

Wouldnt be mine at all,but I'm happy agreeing to disagree

Okay I am at my acceptance phase of grief. I unleashed enough expletives to make George Carlin blush. I did blame the jury...well only those who didn't agree with me really. Lol I mean ...did they not get what DP qualified meant?! I suppose there was 1 juror that wanted more portraits of ol blue eyes ...Wrong to be angry at jury? Yes. But human. So now I laugh at her in lockdown...laugh at no more media tours...laugh at her uncertainty at what the next group will decide for her fate and CONFIDENT. They will chose death. It certainly was the last carpeted headstand for you miss thang! I stand strong beside Travis's supporters cause if they can do it we can too!!!

Does Perryville have air conditioning?
hard to say, but what it does have is an active participation in alec/pie, virtual slave labor - i'm guessing she has more of a shot at this than the post of executive director of prison operations she seems to fancy. of course the dp, which isn't yet off the table, could throw a wrench into this bright future.

Looking at the jurors filing in on the buses, I kind of see why there were 4 holdouts. They've probably never in their whole lives encountered someone like CMJA before, so sweet and innocent-looking, yet evil. They just couldn't wrap their minds around that, I believe. I will be very interested in seeing who these holdouts were and what there ages were.

What was the breakdown? Where was it reported there were four holdouts?

Satch

What would it have taken for some members of this jury to say yes to the death penalty? If jodi video taped herself sawing Travis head down to his spine. Would they have voted yes then? The answer is yes. They got it wrong.

That's great for you to believe in him but your should consider for everyone like you, there are others out there who don't think his style is good as is their right...

His conviction rate speaks for itself.

Hi All,

Like most, I believe that justice was not served in the penalty phase of this trial. My heart breaks for Travis and his family! At least there was a capital murder conviction and JA will (hopefully) NEVER be free! There's always that shocking thought of an appellate court overturning the verdict on reversible error or some other horror and it makes me sick and sad to think that could happen, which is why for so many reasons, at least in my view, death for JA was the only true justice in this case!

I wanted to ask, what do you think the breakdown was? I think it was probably AT LEAST ten jurors for death and two hold outs for life imprisonment. I could see I guess some reasons why a juror might opt for life over death, but the only things I could think of would be the following:

--The jurors brought the defense BS of trying to humanize Jodi.
--The hold out juror(s) if indeed there were at most only two voting for life, maybe they had a religious background or knew someone religious and thought that maybe "Yes, Jodie is guilty of murdering TA, but I can't sentence her to death, because that would be wrong too and two wrongs don't make a right."

--Maybe in some strange way, the hold-outs think prison would help Jodi see the error of her ways over many years. (I don't believe this of course, JA will NEVER chance. She will also be a murdering, self-centered, egotistical, manipulative litte "You Know What.")

--Maybe the hold-outs thought death was too good for her, and she would suffer MORE by being in prison for life. Now that last statement I think could be an interesting and intelligent reason for a hold-out, and it could mean several hold-outs more than ten to two.

What do you think?

Satch

The breakdown has been confirmed by HLN and others as being 8 for death and 4 for life.

This is what I believe about those 4:

- YES on buying BS about trying to humanize Jodi.
- Religion, two wrongs don't make a right - I'm not sure. Maybe the two wrongs don't make a right part if they thought Jodi had mental problems.
- YES on prison would make her see her ways eventually. This goes into the AGE factor, which was IMO a big factor for them. They felt she had a long time to come to the realization of what she'd done.
- thought life in prison would be more punishment - I think NO on this one, but not sure. I think they just couldn't bring themselves to do death.

Oh, lil buddy. You'd better duck and cover!

May I ask why you blame him?

His closing was weak - didn't hammer home the point that CMJA is a danger to society and that if the jury didn't give her the DP, there was a chance that she could get out one day and find some other guy "abusive".

What was the breakdown? Where was it reported there were four holdouts?

Satch

It was 8-4 Satch, - 8 for DP and 4 wanted to give her life. CNN reported earlier as well as other news outlets.

So, what do y'all think about JM getting a new jury pool that hasn't been looking at the defendant for 5 months?

Will JA go to Perryville regardless of the eventual sentence?

Hopefully. The girl gang members are as violent as they come. :floorlaugh: But it is said jodi will be in maximum security if she gets life. She will rot in a cell. No book clubs.

His closing was weak - didn't hammer home the point that CMJA is a danger to society and that if the jury didn't give her the DP, there was a chance that she could get out one day and find some other guy "abusive".

I love Juan and everything he did in the trial, but I agree with you that he was a little weaker in the mitigation part. My theory on this is that he didn't want to come across as too aggressive and turn some jurors off - like, oh this guy he's just bent on killing her because he hates her so much. I really really think that's why he went a little soft, and I understand why he chose that strategy.

The only problem with that strategy was that it left the door open for Wilmott to do some damage. Wilmott was not necessarily stronger in mitigation, but it just seemed that way b/c Juan went softer on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee