Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foreman said he could not believe A YOUNG WOMAN.had done this...................REALLY???
wont say what i really feel on here my opinions of him an the rest are not allowed.

And she ADMITTED it.

Hello!

How many times have we heard from a former juror "Had I seen the evidence that wasn't submitted during the trial, I would have voted differently."? Dear. God. Personally, I would have given the needle myself, if asked, based on her "headstand" performance alone. I hope they get to see CMJA in all her glory & admit to getting it wrong in one of their books because you know... there will be one.

The video interview was awful to watch, but didn't it remind you of an honest version of CMJA? Everything she said is what CMJA would have said if she were able to ever tell the truth.

Yes. As scary as it was...:scared:

Many on the Travis facebook page have stated that they *like* her honesty. Best part is she says Justice would have been for her to have gotten the death sentence!

And this is why this country should have professional juries!

Agree 1000%. AND the real evidence of the murderer's true character should be brought into the trial. This malarky that everything is "prejudicial" is patently absurd.

I think I heard on GMA this morning that the State-JM's boss- has already announced they want to retry her.

There you go (but let's not fuel the TH fire by using the word "re-try", she's convicted and will stay that way.) :seeya:

I always wonder what "jury of peers" really means.

This is not to say that anyone over a certain age won't understand something but really, a group of 20-somethings or 30-somethings would have immediately grasped the concept of text slang, shorthand and how much each texter is relying on their history together to communicate.

Texts cannot be analyzed at face value. That wouldn't be fair or accurate. And whether it was a joke or not, I don't know so I will have to presume the question about what the "s" word means to her was a serious question and it told me that there would be a great divide over what is an out of the blue verbal assault and what was simply a continuation of many other conversations.

When I text, I just pick up where I left off or just give an abbreviated version of something I know the other person will understand.

Anyone unfamiliar with texting would just be :confused:

I don't really think it's an age thing, as much as it's a connected thing. There are plenty of folks under and over the age of 50 who have smart phones, text regularly and would certainly get the gist of this relationship.

On the other hand, there are people that are in their 40's and beyond who still have dumb phones, find texting difficult/tedious and generally prefer to call. That group might have a much more difficult time assessing normal/abnormal.

It's more of a technical divide than a straight age divide.

Thud

Mentally and verbally abused her?

Speechless...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, right! Hey, they can believe whatever twisted story they want to believe, but if there isn't any evidence to support it...well, that's a different story. There was no evidence to support a belief that Travis was abusive to Jodi...one very heated, pizzed off text does not support abuse. jmo

I'm done, Hopeful. I'm through watching trials. I trust JM 100% to make the right decision as to what to do next. I'll accept whatever he does. I'm NEVER listening to that verdict (or lack of one) ever again. I expected ' we, the jury, fix the penalty at DEATH'....:anguish:

But... But... But.... I'll miss you!! :tears:

Agreed! How in the world are they going to seat a jury who hasn't seen any of the side show?

Oh, I'm sure they'll manage. It won't be easy, but somehow it will happen. That wave is building speed as we speak. I'm figurin' on a 60' monster. Gonna grind Einstein right into the coral.

Thud

Mentally and verbally abused her?

Speechless...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too.

I don't get it.

Sounds like the foreman had sympathy for the murderer for testifying for 18 days and being subjected to Juan's courtroom style. Did it not occur to him that her lawyers kept her up there for that long? On purpose?

The foreman didn't say that was the decider. It was on the list of mitigating factors. Nurmi made sure ... as did Jenny ... that the jury understood that they only needed ONE factor to be present to not go with Death. Mitigating factor is not an excuse. it's sort of a separate issue. A reason ITs life should be spared.

For some reason I had always thought that mitigating factors were outlined by the law . I never knew that the defense could just bring up something out of the air. Again I thought it was legally outlined previously for them to use as a guide. that is why I was shocked.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

As difficult as it will be to have a new trial all over again I think Travis' family needs it for closure. If they don't have a new trial then they will be haunted by the what-ifs. They'll forever guess about the possible outcome.

If they have another hung jury or a life sentence then I think it will be easier to accept knowing they gave it their all.

I believe one of the coldest things Jodi said in her last court statement was while she pointed at her family and said she was pleading for her life and the reason "was them." How detached was this statement??? Not "my family" but "them".

Hello Sleuth,
I never thought about it that way but you could be right in that it may actually be easier for them to give DP because they did not get to see all the baggage that Jodi portrayed. Interesting.

My biggest fear is we wont get that chance. I have a really bad feeling that the DA will just not try the 2nd time and just give it to the judge to decide LWOP or LWP. To save a ton of money and also I think the family maybe has had enough of this madness and they may want it to end too.

If the judge gets it, I cant read her and really dont know which way she would lean.

Ryan Smith on HLN said this morning that the DA has already decided to follow through with the penalty phase and has given JM the go ahead. Did anyone else hear that?

Bingo! The problem is not the case or how well it was presented. The death penalty in and of itself has more baggage than Jodi.

Just had this conversation last night. What other sentence takes decades to be imposed? I just barely started talking about this w Samantha because she opened the door with me this week. I've never imposed anything about my opinions about anything on them but she asked so I gently shared some of the aftermath of the DP just for some kind of solace *just in case* it's needed at any point.

With that being said I have little to no doubt Juan Martinez will retry this phase, maybe get a new jury consultant, maybe do some things differently and still pursue the ultimate sentence for this ultimate evil.

But what I know personally, there would be benefits to the family and only the family should she get LWOP. Either way she will never get out of prison nor have the sorority life she imagines prison to be.

Couple things I seem to have missed, and wonder if anyone can fill in my blanks.

People are saying JA is now in her cell 23 hrs/day, and can no longer do any interviews.

How do we know this?

Is it totally at the discretion of the Sheriff's office, now that JSS has lifted the ban on her doing interviews?

Similarly, is it up to the Sheriff whether she must be made to stay in her cell?

TIA.

I think I feel sick based on what little ive heard/read about the jury foreman interview...was it that bad?:sigh:

So this jury foreman didn't take notes according to our court watchers and BK, correct?

One thing the mistrial of the mitigation phase may take away is a grounds for appeal. The whole fiasco the DT did last week such as calling for mistrial, no mitigation witnesses and requesting to be taken off the case I would think is void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks