Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by beach, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kscornfed

kscornfed Active Member

BBM. Nurmi was going for manslaughter, which involves provocation. what provocation? the only person who says he went all incredible hulk on her, naked, from a sitting position in the shower, is HER. there's NO other evidence of provocation except from her mouth that would cause her to 'snap'.
    that's not ever going to fly. she came armed to do what she did. i feel confident they get it.

2. Words2Serve

Words2Serve New Member

It is alleged that he penetrated her during her sleep, the only thing I ever heard him say he did was wake her up by 'licking her', and many men enjoy being woken up that way too in a consensual relationship, which they were in. I realize he and Jodi had a different relationship, but I really feel alot of that 'stuff' was unfounded, and I am hoping the jury considers the source.

I really wanted JM to tell the jury to listen back to that tape and remember that Jodi was in charge of that record button, and pushing it. If you listen to how old Jodi sounds; TA said her moan sounds like a 12 year old. It may come across odd, but I think Nurmi made it sicker than it was. It wasn't like he said I love to listen and watch 12 year olds, and there was nothing on his computer or in his house.

3. makayla

makayla Well-Known Member

or she won't be able to work on the chain gang because of her "injured" finger!

4. Truth Detector

Truth Detector Your Humble Observer

Donovan Bering, Matt McCartney and Darryl Brewer request this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TcQtUCs6nM

Great horn work by Conte and Pete Candoli.

Trivia: Maria Muldaur of Midnight At The Oasis fame also laid down vocals on this one, IIRC.

5. MidwestMama

MidwestMama Active Member

It is encouraging. Although, that 4% scares me. :scared::scared: Must be the population of a certain page that I don't visit.

6. GreenEyesBlue

GreenEyesBlue New Member

After the emotional "end" to the guilt phase of this trial, I have now spent the day Monday morning quarterbacking and wondering if all was done that could be done. I've been heavy-hearted all day.

Then, I re-watched some of JM's closing. Specifically, the part about how JA chased him down the hall. The rainbow.

It truly was like a Xanax. I'm better now.

7. Wake_me

Wake_me New Member

DD said she had talked about suicide all the way back to like junior high in her journals. I do not believe she was ever serious about it, but like to romanticize about it, or threaten it to manipulate people. She allegedly made that one suicide attempt in all these years and couldn't even come up with another method she had contemplated.

8. marlap

marlap New Member

Gcharlie, I'm sorry you lost your brother Dave! :rose:

I know he's always with you....and JUST like Michael!

9. mangolassi

mangolassi New Member

For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica

10. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Her mom, aunt, g-ma, and Donovan? :yes:

11. Colt46

Colt46 New Member

Yes. And then when she met Travis she researched the Mormon Church and the Blood of Atonement ritual. Too bad she can't receive the same punishment meted out in the Salem Witch Trials!

12. MidwestMama

Good! Try not to worry. All that can be done, has been done. Juan and his team, including Det. Flores, have put their hearts and souls into this case for many years. I trust that the jury will do the right thing. Many have been convicted on far less. (Yes, I know many still sting from a certain not guilty verdict -but just try to remember that is the EXCEPTION not the rule!) The evidence, the case Juan put on, the questions the jury asked, Jodi lying right to the jury's faces... I am not worried.

13. Arabian Girl

Arabian Girl New Member

IMO very much part of her BPD characteristics. 8% of BPD suicide attempts succeed. I don't recall she ever actually tried, mostly like you said ideation. I think she is waaayyyy too narcisistic (literally!) to actually do it, maybe for sympathy in prison she'd make a half attempt. Actually save the taxpayers and spare the Alexanders if she would just do it herself.

14. Sydni

Sydni New Member

15. marlap

marlap New Member

I totally agree....she's way too narcissistic to kill her favorite person.

I think her suicidal talk has always just been another of her many methods of manipulation

16. Words2Serve

Words2Serve New Member

I agree, I believe she used it to manipulate TA too. She said they talked about if he would come to her funeral which makes me think, she was guilting him, that she would kill herself.

17. Madilu

Madilu Member

Good point. Come to think of it, wasn't her My space "read/likes/movies" list a near carbon copy of Travis'? Chameleon!

18. marlap

marlap New Member

We posted about her narcissism in response at the exact same time! There is no way she'd ever really try.

19. Karraster

Karraster New Member

20. MidwestMama

I agree, especially since Sky Hughes said on Dr D that when she encouraged Travis to break up with JA Travis told her JA said she would commit suicide if he did.

ETA: It may have actually been after they broke up and Sky was encouraging Travis to cut contact with JA because of all the hassles she was causing him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.