Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricki

Reaction score
Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 11h
N. DisGrace has set back the cause of all women who have survived domestic violence. Her circus makes a mockery of something very serious.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Re: commissary,many of the items I didn't receive were for indigent girls less fortunate than me. I,thankfully,have a mini surplus of food.
Expand
I wanted so much to avoid trial but the State forced it. My only other option was suicide and,well...
Expand
I would have signed a plea years ago to avoid this disaster, but I was refused a plea as the State and the family refused to settle.
Expand

Didn't the poster Tuba mention we might see some trouble down the line with social media. Could this be the start of that with Ms. Trouble makers tweets

minazoe

Reaction score
here is the only thing that freaked me out...

at some point in closing...it seems that Juan allowed himself to be sucked into jodi's rabbitt hole, for purely hypothetical reasons... when he switched it up and spoke of jodi taking travis's gun and murdering him in his own home.

that could be a little confusing for the jury...almost as much as nurmo's manslaughter claim at the end of his argument.

seems jodi has made everyone kind of lose it with her insanity.

Lisa57

Reaction score
Was wondering did anyone see the male juror chart on NG last night? I am familiar with the descriptions of jurors in the observations thread but what stuck out to me was the description HLN had of JUROR #18 (yes, I know HLN is less than accurate in their reporting). Anyway, their description was as follows;

#18---Age: 70’s
• Possibly former military
• Takes few/no notes

What do you all think? Military...

HLN's guess is no better or no worse than anyone else's guess but they are all guesses. I'm not sure how you can tell if someone is former military just by looking at them. Maybe if they saluted everyone that would be a tip off but my goofy cousin Roger salutes everyone and he's never seen military service.

Mr.Midnight

Reaction score
N. DisGrace has set back the cause of all women who have survived domestic violence. Her circus makes a mockery of something very serious.
Re: commissary,many of the items I didn't receive were for indigent girls less fortunate than me. I,thankfully,have a mini surplus of food.
Expand
I wanted so much to avoid trial but the State forced it. My only other option was suicide and,well...
Expand
I would have signed a plea years ago to avoid this disaster, but I was refused a plea as the State and the family refused to settle.
Expand

**Grumbles**

The only word that comes to mind about her I could say would get me a permaban...

VictimsSide

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ[/ame]

A little Bohemian Rhapsody while we await the verdict. :rockon:

Tsunvirtual

Former Member
Reaction score
Arias is able to become a master in the subject matter that her prey is interested in.

She has a "collection" of personalities, and, personifications.

Arias Murdered Travis Alexander like a Leopard Killing it's Prey.​

Now I read that 4 hours ago Arias has tweeted:

Re: commissary many of the items I didn't receive were for indigent girls less fortunate than me. I thankfully have a mini surplus of food.

N DisGrace has set back the cause of all women who have survived domestic violence. Her circus makes a mockery of something very serious.

Respectfully snipped by me. I love you Thurston!!

I had a dream last night that we found out JA had killed before. Strange to have that dream, but it really wouldn’t surprise me.

The “pretend” interest in subject matter is flattering to people who have just met her and allows her to acquire new friends. She then uses them until they figure out that they are being used.

I think rather than having a collection of personalities she reflects the personalities of whomever she is around at the time. Like a mirror image.

LOVE, love, love your leopard analogy!! She should be put down like a rabid dog. This would be a kindness to her and protect others.

Her tweet should have said “I wanted to settle for 2nd degree (so that I would have very little time to serve) and warned the State and family if they didn’t settle I would drag them through the mud.”

The tweet about the indigent girls should have said “ The commissary order was for girls I could buy to be my friends with a little food.”

The tweet about NG should have said “I can make a mockery of something serious, but no one else is allowed to. “

As to the donations for art: I hope they the ones that violated copyright down and confiscate them. The rest they need to track all the money and make them pay taxes

I firmly believe she will be found guilty of M1. At worst i think she may get LWOP. She deserves the death penalty. I will be satisfied with LWOP only because the thought of her getting 2nd degree makes me ill.

minazoe

Reaction score
as to Twitter... I want Jodi silenced. disgraceful.

chijojo

Wish the cloud would dissipate.
Reaction score
Expand
Expand
Expand

BBM
REALLY JODI???? what now you think you're one of the "good guys" like Travis?? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Boots-OK

Reaction score
I rarely change my avatar - it is changed for Travis and his family. My thoughts are with them during this watch for justice. The jury will make the correct decision. There is only one just verdict in this case and they will get it right....I have faith.

gcharlie

Reaction score
Really??? They can use her tweets against her in the penalty phase??? Woo-hoo!!

Wishful thinking.

How would they ever be able to prove it? Nobody can know for certain if JA actually has something to do with this other than JA and the person submitting the tweets claimed to be Donovan.

gauntlet

Inactive
Reaction score
Trump is about as in touch with reality as Arias is to sanity.

I had to laugh when NG tweeted that Trump became involved because JA was following him. FWIW JA could have been following the man in the moon and it wouldn't have made any difference. I fail to see why he needed to stick his foot into this. Would he like JM coming in to tell him how to run the Apprentice? Actually I'd pay to see that but there's a time and place for Trump. JA's trial is sensationalised enough. It didn't need him trying to apply for position of ring master.

JMO :blushing:

ElleElle

Reaction score
Good morning fellow WS'ers!

Is today the day? After lunch perhaps? I think so.

And, momtective, I just woke up and already can use a a couple of these! :seeya:

Like these?

Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shooters
Yields 24-30 Strawberry Margarita Jello Shooters

Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shooters
Yields 24-30 Strawberry Margarita Jello Shooters

Strawberry Prep:

1.Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
2.Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
3.Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
4.Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
Ingredients:

Margarita Mix:

1 box Strawberry Jell-O
8 ounces tequila, preferably reposado or blanco
6 ounce Cointreau
Salt for garnish
Instructions:

1.Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
2.Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquour mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquour mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
3.Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.

websurfer

Reaction score
what exactly do elephants mean in this case? I missed the significance ?
I know I have read in the forum it is for the Alexander's Family how though?I know elephants never forget but what is the reason? Here?

Novice Seeker

My thoughts are all mine
Reaction score
Jodi has won and she knows it. Juan botched the case when he conspired with Dr. Horn to score a cheap shot against Jody. Unfortunately, this cheap shot was nonsensical crap (knife-first) and now the jury will either acquit on self-defense or convict of manslaughter. I'm 99.999% confident of that.

I'm confused about the cheap shot. Is the cheap shot about the knife being used first? How did Martinez get a cheap shot in and what conspiracy?

As to the self-defense scenario, IMO, the 9 stab wounds to the back and the near decapitation would void that theory out and the additional chest wounds if one is to believe the gunshot came first.

To accept manslaughter would require believing that only one weapon was used, correct anyone? If, per Jodi's theory(outright, deliberate lie) that she wasn't aware of ever pulling the trigger, that injury in itself was lethal so why proceed to stab him 29 times?

KrazyKatLadi

Former Member
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday Y'all!

I've done all the laundry, dishes, cleaned the bathrooms, and done a wacky mani/pedi....can it please be noon already?!?!?

I've got a good feeling about today...let's hope I'm right!!! :D

SheltieMom1

Reaction score
Her tweets sound like she is more and more desperate by the day....she is throwing punches as she goes down and I think we might see the true JA towards the jury when M1 Guilty is announced. I have a feeling we will all see what TA saw.

I would pay good money to see this as long as nobody else gets hurt. Thank goodness for the stun belt. Bring it on, Jodi!:rockon:

dani

Go Ducks!
Reaction score
I've always wanted to visit NS. It looks so picturesque

O/T: It is picturesque! They've got flowers the size of soccer balls. And the nicest people I've ever met.

My DH and I and another couple spent 6 weeks there a few years ago. (RVing) Upon arrival we asked a man directions to a Walmart. He got in his car and led us there!

When we needed to turn onto a highway the 1st car that came along stopped and let us (2 motorhomes) merge into traffic. (Try that here in the U.S. and you get the "bird".)

We took a walk thru a neighborhood and a lady was out tending her flowers. We commented how beautiful they were. We talked for about 5 minutes then she invited all 4 of us in for lunch and wouldn't take no for an answer!

We fulltime RVed for 10 years visiting every mainland state, Canada and Mexico. When my husband asked if there was any place I wanted to do again, I said, "NOVA SCOTIA!"

I always say, "I may not have been born in Nova Scotia, but I got there just as soon as I could.":seeya:

Beaglemania

Reaction score
Juan presented a false theory of the murder, backed up by intentionally false testimony. And that undermines the credibility of the entire prosecution's case.

This is the Verdict Watch thread not the "Sequence of Events" thread. I know that we are all excited while awaiting Jodi's "Guilty" verdict, please try to keep this thread on point.

geevee

Well-Known Stickie
Reaction score
as to Twitter... I want Jodi silenced. disgraceful.

Isn't it against Twitter's TOS to tweet under someone else's name? It's pretty obvious JA can't tweet with her own two fingers considering her location, why doesn't Twitter shut down that account?

Status
Not open for further replies.