Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by beach, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

I read the minute entries and there's more than one as I recall regarding a plea. It seemed clear to me at the time that the reason was that a particular person had to agree, and it wasn't Juan. There was something rescheduled to potentially accommodate the person who did have authority to agree, but I don't remember his name. I'm not making it up to be "mean" to Juan. He's an assistant prosecutor and this is a dp case, so it doesn't surprise me that his superior would make that decision.

The tweets say that the State, and the State and the family refused a plea. Even though the State doesn't have to listen to the family, everyone here knows that both of those things are true. The family wants the DP and the State wants it to. Neither was willing to accept a plea or offer a different deal in compromise. Including life with or without parole.

2. TigerBalm

TigerBalm Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose

No, I have gotten that before, if you were quoting a post, that post might have been removed. :dunno:

3. Angelsunday

Angelsunday Member

:floorlaugh: juror 10 hasn't dated any GIRLS since high school. :floorlaugh:

Staging. Plain ole cheap parlor trick staging. Deplorable HLN. :facepalm:

4. anagrammy

anagrammy Developing new uses for hindsight...

She left out the option of State Assisted Involuntary Suicide.

5. TigerBalm

TigerBalm Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose

Dang are you up already or did you never go to sleep?!?
    I need to keep on your schedule, so I know if I should yell at you or not. :giggle:

6. Boodles

Boodles Well-Known Member

As Juan said, nothing is HER fault. Everyone else is to blame for this 'disaster.' It's their fault this went to trial. She's responsible for nothing.

7. Nhic

Nhic New Member

:floorlaugh: And how'd that work out for her? Now she's on trial for her life. :floorlaugh:

And she thinks she's smarter than Einstein? :scared:

8. MidwestMama

MidwestMama Active Member

IIRC, it states in JA's plea deal motion that she doesn't believe she would ever get DP. It states the "worst" she would get is LWOP and therefore, would feel no reason to accept any plea that included any life (w or w/o parole) offer.
    She threatened to trash Travis unless they would agree to something less than a life sentence.
    I don't blame Juan for not taking the plea. I don't blame the family for not taking the plea. I would sit through hell and back to see my loved ones murderer get the punishment she/he deserves. JMO

9. JSR

JSR Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the ri

Ugh. I'm watching my recorded HLN After Dark and when Vinnie mentioned two years ago we got another verdict and I tweeted it. And then they cut to the crowd outside the Courthouse chanting "Justice for Caylee" I totally teared up. It KILLS me that sweet little girl never got her justice.

10. TXProfessional

TXProfessional New Member

Im not speaking to the aspects of the Alexander family in your post. With all due respect Linask, that must be a CA thing as it relates to the statement "it is not up to the family". I was a victim of a violent crime and I was consulted and actually asked if me and my family if we were "okay" or found XYZ acceptable with every decision the prosecution made in relation to charges and prosecution of the perpetrator--maybe that is how they do things in Texas. IDK it is likely that each state is different

11. cubbeegirl

cubbeegirl Active Member

Haha... I get it...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

12. AuburnSchnauzer

AuburnSchnauzer New Member

We are just going to have to disagree on this point and that's OK - We all have different experiences in life and view things in different ways but JA is not a "normal" person. JA will never be "demoted" by anyone and she proved that to Travis Alexander, didn't she? She will never "get it"...She has a personality disorder that cannot be repaired with drugs or rehab or incarceration. Her entire being is to influence others. That's just my opinion...

13. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

She thinks because the jury didn't come back today that she is off the hook IMO
    She is full of herself.
    Entitlement
    Malignant Narcissim
    Her downfall.
    That won't fly with chicks in prison
    Moo
    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

14. Wishbone

Wishbone Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly the stains were described as "kool-aid" with no color named and the prosecution and the defense never bothered to follow up on getting a color. I was thinking lemon yellow, lime green, orange orange. Strange nobody cared what color the kool-aid stains were.......

15. TXProfessional

TXProfessional New Member

Im not speaking to the aspects of the Alexander family in your post. With all due respect Linask, that must be a CA thing as it relates to the statement "it is not up to the family". I was a victim of a violent crime and I was consulted and actually asked if my family and I were "okay" or found XYZ acceptable with every decision the prosecution made in relation to charges and prosecution of the perpetrator--maybe that is how they do things in Texas. IDK it is likely that each state is different

16. Tenaciousdae

Tenaciousdae I digress...

HA! DD just said, "Dontcha know?"

17. fran

fran Former Member

:wave:

We're going to have to move over to a new thread. This thread will close in 15 minutes.

Please continue the discussion here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9382852#post9382852"]Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

18. GoAskAllie

GoAskAllie New Member

He did an interview with Dr. Drew in early February--haven't heard anything more about him.

19. cubbeegirl

cubbeegirl Active Member

Haha... my kids laughed because Juan used my ..."Who does that ? " line...

20. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Well-Known Member

Dear "Stabby Einstein":

If you ever have the need or feel compelled to write to a judge again (which I doubt since you're getting the DP), may I suggest:
    --use punctuation properly (and do not overuse commas)
    --less is more: eliminate redundant, superfluous sentences
    --refrain from awkward sentence structure and phrasing
    --stick to your format: do not sign your name in the middle of the final page if utilizing left-margin alignment throughout the letter
    --please use "Respectfully," when signing off to a judge
    --work on your cursive style; curly-cues reek of immaturity

But we'll cut you a break since you're not an attorney and you did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

And of course, it's not your fault, dontcha' know!

:rockon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.